Subaru's should come from the factory looking this bad ass!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
saw the vid...didn't look like he was DRIVING much at all. don't get me wrong, I'm all for unleashing our cars on a track, but I'm not sure these cars were really meant to be doing donuts in a dirt lot in the middle of the night. i can see if you want to get in some practice to see how it handles on dirt, but if thats what you were doing then why do it blindly at night and in no particular visible pattern? i have nothing aginst anyone here, but if i remember correctly this is what we don't want. I don't think i-club wants it's members street racing, drifting on public roads, or any other type of wreckless driving. if your gonna do it thats one thing but don't post about it here cuz it makes us all look bad. just my $.02, now flame away. L8R
Nothing personal, but you can eat my ****. I wasn't on a public road. As Crazy said it was not a road. I go to the tracks, race. I don't do this on the streets. If you want to police everyone so bad become a cop. Does it look like anyone or anything is in danger in my video? No, because I am smart enough to know better than to try this in the middle of Honolulu. Anyway just my $.02. Oh yeah and people who want to baby their STi's like they are made of ceramic need to just trade cars with some of these CRX owners who can't even afford STi's. The car is rally car that is ment to be raced, not on the streets, but on the track. So take your cars to the tracks and get some use out of them. If you bought a $32,000 300HP car to just drive back and forth to work then sell your car and buy a 1995 Geo Metro!

Last edited by keirnna; 10-04-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:57 AM

Car Info: your mom.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by keirnna
Nothing personal, but you can eat my ****. I wasn't on a public road. As Crazy said it was not a road. I go to the tracks, race. I don't do this on the streets. If you want to police everyone so bad become a cop. Does it look like anyone or anything is in danger in my video? No, because I am smart enough to know better than to try this in the middle of Honolulu. Anyway just my $.02. Oh yeah and people who want to baby their STi's like they are made of ceramic need to just trade cars with some of these CRX owners who can't even afford STi's. The car is rally car that is ment to be raced, not on the streets, but on the track. So take your cars to the tracks and get some use out of them. If you bought a $32,000 300HP car to just drive back and forth to work then sell your car and buy a 1995 Geo Metro!
Nothing personal here neither, but it does not take much skill to do donuts in the dirt. Any ole monkey can jack the wheel and pin the throttle. Also, WTF do you have against hondas anyway ? just because someone can only afford a CRX and not an STI does not mean that they are worth less than you. I bet there were a WHOLE lot of cars out at SCCA today that cost less than a third of your STI and still whooped on you. I'm glad you are enthusiastic about your STI and it's capabilities, but your attitude needs some adjustment.
Nothing Personal
just my .02
Old 10-04-2004, 04:43 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
^^^Werd! dude you need a serious attitude adjustment.
1. I know you weren't doing your duh-nuts on a public road, thats why i said "dirt lot". Where you got that from I don't know.
2. If i recall you were the one talking about drifting and asking for good spots, though I'm sure not on a public road.
3. As you pointed out nobody or nothing was in danger in your vid...well except your car, the guy with the camera, and the other cars there. I really don't care if you put yourself in danger but don't put others and certainly not your helpless car in harms way just so you can look cool on the internet.
4. just because you have the money to own an STI, and some don't, doesn't mean there isn't a $5000 civic or crx that won't smoke you at the track. Is that why you bought the STI? cuz it's fast? why not buy something faster? there are certainly alot of cars faster than your STI, why not buy them? or can you not afford one? should the people with 400 and 500hp cars trade them in for crx's too because they don't drive them in the dirt and take them to the tracks?
5. I'm not sure if you are aware of it but an STI is not a rally car. you can't just take one off the lot and take it to a rally expecting to do any better than last. true it definately has the potential to be, but ask anyone who has put in the hours and and sweat in their car if they would do the type of stuff your talking about to their cars.
6. i know people who would kill to have an STI and your out there abusing yours. if you want to build a rally car fine, then build one. don't just throw on an ebay decal and a hood scoop screen and call it a day. i mean hell why not the roof scoop and double decker wing. I mean you might as well go all the way and get some huge mudflaps and off road tires because anyone who buys a $32,000, 300hp car just to drive to work doesn't deserve one right?
7. you don't know me. don't tell me to eat your **** on the boards. anyone who knows me knows that i'm a nice guy and i was trying to put it to you in a nice way the first time but that was just totally uncalled for. i-club is for enthusiasts, not morons. you wanna talk trash come talk to me at one of the meets and we can disscuss it like adults and not 17yr old girls. and if you still feel you have to tell me to eat **** then at least have the constitution to tell me to my face.

well there it is, my $.07. i don't wanna turn this into a personal war but someone had to say what everyone was thinking. L8R. : puts on flame retardent suit : "flame on"

Last edited by 04sleeper; 10-04-2004 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by islandx
Nothing personal here neither, but it does not take much skill to do donuts in the dirt. Any ole monkey can jack the wheel and pin the throttle. Also, WTF do you have against hondas anyway ? just because someone can only afford a CRX and not an STI does not mean that they are worth less than you. I bet there were a WHOLE lot of cars out at SCCA today that cost less than a third of your STI and still whooped on you. I'm glad you are enthusiastic about your STI and it's capabilities, but your attitude needs some adjustment.
Nothing Personal
just my .02
No what I was saying is that those honda guys should be given an sti because they really try hard to make it to the traks. I met this guy this weekend that built his entire car from scrap, and it looked good. He was fast enough to be getting 14.5's. I don't have anything against honda owners like them. I really wasn't dising any honda owners at all right here. Also where did I every say it took skill to do donuts? That's right no where. I was just out there having fun. I should be at the next meet thursday so I'll talk to you then 04sleeper. Just because I take my car in the dirt doesn't mean that I don't take car of it. Man the ebay decals thing was harsh, I like how those decals look and it is as simple as that. Since you don't like them don't get them.

Last edited by keirnna; 10-04-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:01 AM

I didn't say anything about your stickers......and if there was a misunderstanding about the Honda thing, you just put it in a weird way.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
yo nathan,

you sure do have a talent to stir up a good brew.
i must give props to you for being so free-willing and care-free with your car.
its your money. do as you please cuz i know you earned your money by serving our country.
however,after watching that vid, i noticed that there 2 things i refuse to do with my cars. 1-drag strip, 2-off-road... that is until i know i have a third car as reliable tranportation. although i would love to have that freedom to do something like that one day. . . i think there is only one guy in these forums who posted actual donut pics on pavement in a public parking lot-(and he was on maui) i don't recall the serious flamage that you have received placed on this guy...

and btw, i drive a 32000 dollar car and drive back and forth to work...
but it gives driving to work a whole new meaning.
so don't give me no crap about no geo metro-

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 10-04-2004, 01:10 PM
VIP Member

Yeah I somehow have an inate talent to make make people mad.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:46 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
I use my STi for daily driving to work. It was off-road once and I don't think I want to do that again anytime soon. That's a major clean-up job under the hood!!!
I'm back to being spotless and plan on keeping it that way.
To each his own on how they treat their pimp Subbys. I think we can all agree on that!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:46 PM

Location: Indianapolis,Indiana the arm pit of of the average white guy.
Car Info: Dont ask me why I throw it side ways and yes am mad when I drive.
Originally Posted by gdogg
yo nathan,

you sure do have a talent to stir up a good brew.
i must give props to you for being so free-willing and care-free with your car.
its your money. do as you please cuz i know you earned your money by serving our country.
however,after watching that vid, i noticed that there 2 things i refuse to do with my cars. 1-drag strip, 2-off-road... that is until i know i have a third car as reliable tranportation. although i would love to have that freedom to do something like that one day. . . i think there is only one guy in these forums who posted actual donut pics on pavement in a public parking lot-(and he was on maui) i don't recall the serious flamage that you have received placed on this guy...

and btw, i drive a 32000 dollar car and drive back and forth to work...
but it gives driving to work a whole new meaning.
so don't give me no crap about no geo metro-

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Getum Greg
Old 10-04-2004, 06:13 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
you didn't make me mad till you told me to eat ****. I'm glad your having fun with your car and that you like your stickers, but you shouldn't post it. we all enjoy a bit of "spirited" driving now and then but you don't see us posting vids of it. it's stupidness like that which will ruin it for the rest of us. all it takes is a few idiots to ruin it for the true subie enthusiasts. so throw on a type r bage and a roof scoop and have fun. i'm still willing to sit down with you and talk about this on thurs if your there. understand that i have no problems with most people but i don't like idiots. i will however appologise for the honda missunderstanding, after reading it a few times i finnaly understand what you were trying to say. L8R
Old 10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
VIP Member

Okay well I over reacted, but I really was getting tired of hearing the same things from people. So I guess that I can't be a true subie enthusiast? Man one more sticker joke and I'm gonna loose it. Hey thursday I'll make you a typr-r burger w/ some vtec sause. Screw a roff scoop, those sticker are the only thing that will be on the car that doesn't serve a purpose other than to bring me pleasure. Plus there would be too much drag from a roof scoop .
Old 10-05-2004, 02:20 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i'm not here to keep this going but, when i was selling subarus i was told that the sti was "rally inspired" (you know to make it look like it is tho its not) it was de-tuned just so they can make it street legal. our systems are not the set up to go out to start dirffting and so forth BUT u can @ your own risk and if u break it u gotta understand that its the persons own fault for doing so.
http://www.wrxrally.com/racing/groupnteam.html that stuff down there is from this site.
|
|
V

[The following is a rough outline of the steps it takes to build, prepare and race a rally car in the SCCA ProRally Championship. Keep in mind this is how Vermont SportsCar does it, and other teams may do more or less in certain areas. But overall this will give any fan a good understanding of the work and thought it takes to rally a top level WRX in the SCCA ProRally Championship.

Step 1: Building the rally car.
Vermont SportsCar specializes in building modern Group N rally cars. Building a Group N WRX rally car requires meticulous attention to detail and strict adherence to FIA guidelines. This is to ensure 100% reliability of mechanical systems and to prevent the possibility of a protest for using illegal equipment.

The first step in the process is body shell preparation, which includes a complete stripping of all stock components, seam welding and the installation of an FIA homologated roll cage. This can take more than two weeks to accomplish and is one of the most important aspects of the build.

Next work is started on installing the wiring, fuel system and the brake system. Most Group N cars today use purpose built kits that replace the stock components of these systems. For example, the stock fuel tank is usually replaced with a Kevlar fuel cell that sits in the trunk and requires installation of a new fuel pump, filter, lines, filler neck and all the items necessary to secure those pieces.

Next is the installation of the drivetrain and suspension. Building a Subaru WRX to full FIA Group N specification would involve sourcing a compete STi drivetrain with a 6 speed gearbox, alloy front control arms, 4 piston front and 2 piston rear calipers, as well as all other STi homologated pieces. The homologation papers for the car outline in detail which parts are allowed for use in Group N. It is very important to check with the head Scrutineer if there is ever any doubt about anything.

The final finishing touches are then added to the car. These include mud flaps, seats, odometer, co-driver light, and all of the other "little" things that may turn into big projects.

A top of the line, full specification Group N WRX will take around 300-450 hours to build and depending on the spec of the car will require an additional $10,000 to $60,000 in parts. This ranges from a basically stock WRX with a cage and rally suspension to a full STi spec car with carbon fiber trim and all the best go-fast goodies.]

but i personally like ur sticker and i say you got one get the rest.

well our cars are inspired from rally but are not tuned for rally, but if u want to and got the money for it then by all means do it. but please don't go telling people to eat **** cuz that will just make things worse and you should knw that if ur gonna put things up like that ur gonna get hated on. i knw it sucks but thats life. i mean if ur gonna do this ask people in person not on here cause we are a club thats against streetracing, driftting, and reckless driving even tho it is an a empty lot cuz i knw where that is and i have been there b4 doing the dirty with the car behind the bushes and u probly wouldn't see the car and u may lose contral and hit it. i knw thats unlikly but hey who knws right. and u knw u shouldn't be doing it there if u can't do it there in the day time witout getting into trouble. but hey man put that 60k into ur car and then find some place to safely go rallying @ and then post that up

now thats my $2.52s