Subaru dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 04:15 PM

Car Info: '06 STi
Question Subaru dealer service

Does anyone know which Subaru service department is the best (or at least decent)? I have a possible oil-leak under my timing belt assembly. I only have 3600 miles on my car...what a bummer! Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2005, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
If the problem is a warranty type of fix (you haven't done any engine mods) then you can go to any of them as long as it's not 5 Star...they suck the cack with no hands.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:42 PM

Damn...and that's where i bought my car from. Yeah, i know what you mean though...as far as the service goes from my experience. Before i got the car...the sales man was all nice and courteous...but after the sale was done...so was the service. No call check to see how i liked the car...or even snail mail thank you...nothing. They got nothing on the Toyota service i got when i had my Celica.

Thanks...i guess i'll go to phflueger in waipahu. Any opinions on them? Thanks!

BTW it is a warranty service...and i should be safe cause the car is still stock...plus i also bought the extended warranty as well.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:50 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
My recent dealings with Pflueger Waipahu were extremely disappointing. I can provide details, but it's a looooong story. Unfortunately, they're the only dealer that is at all convenient for me, so whaddya gonna do?

Pat
Old 10-23-2005, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
What year is your WRX? Think mine is leaking from the same place, I thought it was from the valve cover seal, so I replaced it, but it is still leaking. I even got the engine seals replaced back on the mainland and its still leaking. I cant figure out where its comming from, but I havent heard of a place here that does good service
Old 10-23-2005, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by darksurfer81
What year is your WRX? Think mine is leaking from the same place, I thought it was from the valve cover seal, so I replaced it, but it is still leaking. I even got the engine seals replaced back on the mainland and its still leaking. I cant figure out where its comming from, but I havent heard of a place here that does good service
My WRX is a 2005. Is this a common problem with the impreza? It seems like phflueger is the only game in town now besides 5star. So i suppose i'll have my first experience with phflueger service soon. I hope your car is still under warranty darksurfer.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Is it really leaking from the bottom of the tb cover? My Legacy was leaking oil with only 6k miles and it turned out to be a pinhole in my oil filter,..also isnt there an update on oil filters as some of them had a problem with the rubber seal??

anyways,..guess you guys would know if its the tb assembly if you had the chance to take a look under the car,...Hate to see a diminishing amount of Subaru Dealerships/service centers too as this is going to be costly,..When I had my Mitsu with only 1 or 2 on the island at the time, parts was marked up 100%,...luckily I just ordered my parts from Tallahasee Mitsu at cost and paid Priority Mail,..
Old 10-23-2005, 10:30 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by BlueHawaii
Thanks...i guess i'll go to phflueger in waipahu. Any opinions on them? Thanks!

BTW it is a warranty service...and i should be safe cause the car is still stock...plus i also bought the extended warranty as well.
if u plan on modding ur car do urself a favor and call up ur warranty company and cancel it cause waipahu will void ur warranty if they even catch u with any type of mod... i just don't like pfluger they like to rip ppls off look at acura they have a 4k mark up. nuf said. pfluger=doo doo garbage
Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 AM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
Mine is _well_ out of warranty Its in a different car! Maybe its the oil filter, but I doubt it. It still looks like its comming from the driver side somewhere.