Strange activities

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:44 PM

Car Info: Justy
Strange activities

I was just outside of work having a cig, when a silver 2nd to current gen Eclipse/Talon drives up Keawe Street (Mauka direction) and turns into the CompUSA parking lot and reverses out. I watch as the driver (local looking guy) looks at my car, and I noticed the passenger has a video camera and its filming or taking pics of my car. I got the license place number of the car JVG-XXX.

With the recent incident of the burn to a crisp WRX, and the upcoming carshow. I have learned from the past (friends cars getting stolen) as the carshow gets closer car thefts increase, this is mostly with the Honda's, less with the Nissans and Toyotas. Now that the Subaru's are becoming popular, I can see the thefts increasing.

I might be just over reacting to the situation. I just thought that it was very strange. I am just going to keep a more watchful eye of my car.

I just want let everyone know to keep an eye on their cars.

Last edited by WRX-Zero; 07-25-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
I was just outside of work having a cig, when a silver 2nd to current gen Eclipse/Talon drives up Keawe Street (Mauka direction) and turns into the CompUSA parking lot and reverses out. I watch as the driver (local looking guy) looks at my car, and I noticed the passenger has a video camera and it filming or taking pics of my car. I got the license place number of the car JVG-447.

With the recent incident of the burn to a crisp WRX, and the upcoming carshow. I have learned from the past (friends cars getting stolen) as the carshow gets closer car thefts increase, this is mostly with the Honda's, less with the Nissans and Toyotas. Now that the Subaru's are becoming popular, I can see the thefts increasing.

I might be just over reacting to the situation. I just thought that it was very strange. I am just going to keep a more watchful eye of my car.

You have the tag right? Call HPD, let them know that your car is being "cased". RIGHT NOW!

Give me a call if you still have my #

Last edited by Mach5WRX; 07-25-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
You have the tag right? Call HPD, let them know that your car is being "cased". RIGHT NOW!

Give me a call if you still have my #

Taken care of. Thanks Dan!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
brandon give a moke some beers to watch ur car man lol......
Old 07-25-2004, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Hey give me $2.00 and a pack of envelopes and I'll watch your car...Hey how bout a 40oz...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 Silver WRX
Got the license plate and it's been noted. I know all of the guys who work in the area, days and nights, and I'll pass the info along.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
hey Brandon, did they actually went into browsing the lot if so they probably are very suspicious.

I'll be on the lookout too man...those things are just strange.

Last edited by BoOm; 07-25-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
o dears, this is not good
Old 07-25-2004, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by BoOm
hey Brandon, did they actually went into browsing the lot if so they probably are very suspicious.

I'll be on the lookout too man...those things are just strange.
They didn't go into the Comp parking lot, the car just came up Keawe street turned into the Comp parking lot and reversed as if to turn around. I see alot of people do this, just that instead of driving off down Keawe, the driver paused looking and pointed at my car and I saw an arm (passenger) holding a video camera pointed at my car. I don't know exactly what they were doing, my I assumed that they were filming or taking pics. I just thought it was suspicious.

I keep an eye out on the street parking infront of PTC, namely because my car is there and usually my co-workers R1 is parked in front of the shop. So if you guys shop at Comp park in front of PTC and I can keep an eye out for your cars. Oh and that saves you from dings from the customers carting out there large computer/monitor boxes.

Last edited by WRX-Zero; 07-25-2004 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
brandon give a moke some beers to watch ur car man lol......
LOL, if you ever see a cooler by my car while its parked. You know what's going on.

Originally Posted by silver satin
Hey give me $2.00 and a pack of envelopes and I'll watch your car...Hey how bout a 40oz...
How's about 2 40oz!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
I was just outside of work having a cig, when a silver 2nd to current gen Eclipse/Talon drives up Keawe Street (Mauka direction) and turns into the CompUSA parking lot and reverses out. I watch as the driver (local looking guy) looks at my car, and I noticed the passenger has a video camera and it filming or taking pics of my car. I got the license place number of the car JVG-447.

Did you post over at DSM Hawaii? Maybe someone over there knows them. I have a friend on those boards. I'll see if I can find anything out for ya.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by funkdrmr
Did you post over at DSM Hawaii? Maybe someone over there knows them. I have a friend on those boards. I'll see if I can find anything out for ya.

Cool, thanks! It could be nothing, but from previous events with my friends cars being stolen, a wrx found burned to a crisp. I am just more cautious about things.

Last edited by WRX-Zero; 07-26-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:37 AM

my main office to my workplace is behind Comp USA and there's a police station somewhere around that area but i'll keep an eye out...

hugh
Old 07-26-2004, 01:40 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
here we go. now i see the thread.

i think we all need to invest in the trunk monkey.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:34 PM

nah theres a rent-a-cop there...well at nite anyways. we parked there till like 2 AM and the rent-a-cop was still there. remember hugh?

Quick Reply: Strange activities