Story about Soldiers who Race at the Track.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
Exclamation Story about Soldiers who Race at the Track.

Ok. Here is it. This story will be a brief overview on how soldiers have been staying safe on Hawaii for the last however many years. You know the #1 Killer of Soldiers in the Army is not bullets. It is Speeding and POV accidents. So... I will ask all Soldiers this but you can answer me in a PM style so that way we will not disclose any information that you don't want the public to know... ie. rank, unit, associated with your screen name. So just copy and paste my questions then add your two little cents in it. Ok.

1. I need your full name with middle initial, rank, unit, and what brigade it falls under with a picture of your car.

2. What kind of car do you drive. HP, estimate of amount of money you've spent.

3. How many times do you go to the track?

4. In your own words, why do you race? What does it do to you, your feelings when your speeding?

5. How can Soldiers avoid racing on the streets. Why do you think they do it?

6. What does the track provide for the Soldiers?

7. WHat is your favorite part of racing, and least?

8. What organization do you promote and why? That answer is obvious, but I just need you to say the I-Club...

9. What do you think will happen, when the track closes in April.

10. How can the Army cut down on Soldiers killed in Accidents in Hawaii..

Ok. Well I know I am not on a time schedule here, but I want to have this done by Thursday. This will be for the week after next paper. This way we can schedule a shoot for all the soldiers and thier cars to show up somewhere and take some pictures for the paper. I can't promise you I will use all of your answers but I will get as much of it as I can. Paper is kind-of small, so the editor usually cuts out a bit for space constraints. Ok. Thanks guys, I just want to do my part as the I-Club has done for many young Soldiers.

Thanks..
Any Questions.. Just ask...
Old 01-29-2006, 09:46 PM

Car Info: subaru
Judging by the wording and knowing what publication you write for, I'm assuming you are only soliciting responses from the Army guys.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:54 PM

Well, yes... However, I am trying to figure out who is responsible for the I-Club Hawaii. I will also interview some officials from the track. But yes this is actually for the Military members. But I will submit my stuff through the local agencies, as I have seen before that they will use my stories to fill their pages.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by Mystic_88
Ok. Here is it. This story will be a brief overview on how soldiers have been staying safe on Hawaii for the last however many years. You know the #1 Killer of Soldiers in the Army is not bullets. It is Speeding and POV accidents. So... I will ask all Soldiers this but you can answer me in a PM style so that way we will not disclose any information that you don't want the public to know... ie. rank, unit, associated with your screen name. So just copy and paste my questions then add your two little cents in it. Ok.

1. I need your full name with middle initial, rank, unit, and what brigade it falls under with a picture of your car.

2. What kind of car do you drive. HP, estimate of amount of money you've spent.

3. How many times do you go to the track?

4. In your own words, why do you race? What does it do to you, your feelings when your speeding?

5. How can Soldiers avoid racing on the streets. Why do you think they do it?

6. What does the track provide for the Soldiers?

7. WHat is your favorite part of racing, and least?

8. What organization do you promote and why? That answer is obvious, but I just need you to say the I-Club...

9. What do you think will happen, when the track closes in April.

10. How can the Army cut down on Soldiers killed in Accidents in Hawaii..

Ok. Well I know I am not on a time schedule here, but I want to have this done by Thursday. This will be for the week after next paper. This way we can schedule a shoot for all the soldiers and thier cars to show up somewhere and take some pictures for the paper. I can't promise you I will use all of your answers but I will get as much of it as I can. Paper is kind-of small, so the editor usually cuts out a bit for space constraints. Ok. Thanks guys, I just want to do my part as the I-Club has done for many young Soldiers.

Thanks..
Any Questions.. Just ask...

If it comes down to it people could be punnished as you need command approval to participate in events like racing, skydiving, and what not.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
pm sent
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by keirnna
If it comes down to it people could be punnished as you need command approval to participate in events like racing, skydiving, and what not.

At least for the Army we dont need a command approval for racing....ie.. drag, auto x, driffting, etc....and they cant punish us for being part of such event or even participating....Its all about Safety in the Army...they rather see soldiers racing at the tracks and not in the streets, cause if you do and get caught....you will be punished....

Why should we put innocent lives in danger ? theres no reason for that.... They should keep the track open or figure something out....

Stay safe at the tracks and relax...

just my 2 cents....
Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
my whole command (marines) knows i drag race legally and no one cares. like jose said, its better to do it at track than street. mystic, i guess u dont want other branches...not sure how ur processing this info, but perhaps the rest of the services could be useful too.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM

Sure, I will take more answers from other service members. I will even send them to their specific agency, once I finished the product. However, it still will not be that long, but I can definatly add other service members in there.

Air Force, Airmans
Army, Soldiers
Marines, Marines
Coast Guard, Coasties
Navy,.....Seaman...

Your all welcome to comment.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
pm sent...
Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 AM

Got it thanks... I am thinking of doing a broadcast for the AFN News... what do you think. Hawaii Army Weekly and the Oleilo channel...(Spelling)
Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX-STi
what about the military that flies on the H3 goin to kaneohe marine corp base? it's an awesome long run, but maybe that's why they can race like hell. great practice after drinkin and goin home
. not all of them are safe.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX-STi
i'm not bashing the military, but since they're here for a short time, they don't always respect the aina
Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
lets not turn this into an anti-military thread. we could go on that subject for days....too many military here to openly judge us. yeah we make mistakes, but locals do to, and they hate on us quite a bit. im not condoning that kind of behavior, but you dont have the perspective that we/they do. so lets keep the thread the way it was started ok?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by gh3ttohawaiian
what about the military that flies on the H3 goin to kaneohe marine corp base? it's an awesome long run, but maybe that's why they can race like hell. great practice after drinkin and goin home
. not all of them are safe.
I won't even bother commenting on this.....you have already shown us how ignorant you are by generalizing with the above statement.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:18 PM

Car Info: subaru
Whoa, hold on. He didn't say that ALL military are @$$hats, he just said that not all military guys are safe. Being military myself and having seen how some of them behave overseas, I can understand where he's coming from. It's unfortunate, but all the community service things that the military does aren't as high visibility as the few incidents that undermine the military's reputation as a whole. However, even though all of my best friends here are locals, I also know that there are places here that I was told to stay away from just because I'm not from around here. So I'm going to say that since we're here for such a short time, the locals don't ALWAYS respect the visitors either. Whew, off my soapbox now...PM sent

Quick Reply: Story about Soldiers who Race at the Track.