sti car club

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 12:28 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
I don't even own a subaru anymore and that statement just made me mad. Subaru has always been it's own community in Hawaii. We have always stuck together. The people are so cool here that when I got my Nissan I didn't go looking for a bunch of 240's to go crusie with. I said F@#K that.

If you want to come in here and start to split people up, go post on speedhawaii. I think if you wanted to do a suby crusie you could get a ton of people to show up.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:29 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
oh yeah,

Subaur's ROCK and so do Nissan's
Old 08-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Crap! I always catch this stuff too late! Don't you guys go out on a friday night?? Sheesh! I'm out one night and this stuff blows up!

bao: Don't be discouraged by everyone's mean posts...some of us are just hard core enthusiasts who see cruising as a ricer boy type of thing. But 18hr has a good point; cruises or car clubs are started in two ways. 1: everyone has the same type of car; 2: everyone is friends and they drive different cars and they start a club. Here, it is a little different. We started cause we all had the same cars, but when the cars are gone, we still stay together as freinds.

Yes, we do the Toy's for Tots run every year, but that is for a good cause. In the beginning of the I-Club (yes...OG memeber here ), we did cruises for Labor Day, the Super Bowl and other things. We did it to get to know each other as a community outside of SCCA and to hang out. Now, we don't use cruises for that purpose, and personally, I barely know half the guys on here now (I don't think I've met all of the new guys). Things are a little different now compared to then (there are more WRX's sold in a couple months than there were RS's here).

It's been said before: If you wanna meet up with us, SCCA is where a handful of us go every month. It's hard to put together a good cruise and have a good showing. If you can wait, Toy's for Tots is right around the corner.

As far as any WRX "clubs"...not here dude. This is the original Impreza club and as far as I know, the biggest on the state. Everyone's proud of it the way it is (well, mostly). We are so usually laid back that we don't even have club officers or collect dues like the other clubs. Not to mention, we don't cater to ONLY WRX's. Most of the WRX owners here recognize that it was RS owners who started this and helped make it big, so we don't exclude anyone. The "I" is for Impreza...all Imprezas, and that's how we are sticking to it.

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 08-30-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:55 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by BoOm
the forrester is the shiznits.
Fo Shizzle yO!
Old 08-30-2003, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally posted by Ditchhanger ...OG
...some of us are just hard core enthusiasts

It's been said before: If you wanna meet up with us, SCCA is where a handful of us go every month.

we don't cater to ONLY WRX's. Most of the WRX owners here recognize that it was RS owners who started this and helped make it big, so we don't exclude anyone. The "I" is for Impreza...all Imprezas, and that's how we are sticking to it.
I think the I is for inclusive. Can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't mind a bit if some Z06's, Evo's, SRT's, Camaro owners hung out with us.

If hanging out is what you want to do, we install most every other month, AutoX every month, track days (I sincerely hope) every month, and you'll always find an Impreza down at the dragstrip every weekend.

New OG
Old 08-30-2003, 02:51 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
.... yeah, maybe I can get my roommate'sfriend to hang out at the track and stuff............ he just bought a black EVO!!!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Where is my beer?

......... he has an STi buddy, ... and had a WRX before that.

... some people take it differently b/c there have been many like you, before you. It's just a different mentallity about cars in general. Some people get a certain car b/c of it's potential on the track, etc. Some people get a car b/c of it's 'bling' factor. And some people get a car b/c of the pontential it does have, ... but never use it.
In any case, I wasn't mad or anything when I saw your post, I was just like "". Like has been said, the HIIC (and i-club) has a History, .... Impreza's, and Subaru's in general, popularity began LONG before the WRX ever hit these shores, .... everyone just needs to recognize.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Where is my beer?

... oh, and if you notice the whole "Culture" thing in the profile ..... that has a meaning.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Angry Dan

Originally posted by bao ling
hey angry dan, if you're a motorsports enthusiaust, why don't you have a car listed under your profile. You probably don't even have a wrx do you? Is that why you get so angry when I ask that question man?
http://www.geocities.com/gpatmac/Dans_STI.html

Or try doing a search.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Angry Dan

because I was just asking a question and you don't have to get all wild
It's not the question is how you asked it.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Angry Dan

just time to share ideas and appreciate other people's cars.
We do, do that.

Quick Reply: sti car club