Stereo Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 2004 Blue STi
Stereo Opinion

I will be going down to Special T this morning. I'm going in to find out what deal I can get on tint, stereo, and security. Below is what I have now from my civic:

10" enclosed JL
Alpine CDA 7897
Sony Explod 4-channel Amp
Alpine V12 2-channle Amp

I need speakers and I see that Special T have concept products. Sounds like that is a good product.

Also, looking for security system. What you all think about the Clifford Matrix 3RS I believe. I did look online and seen the Advantguard 5. What do you all recommend? Stick with the lower prices Matrix? The Matrix I know comes with Turbo Timer as well.

Also, going to see if they would do an custom install of the amps and sub.

Opinions are welcomed. Should I stay with the Alpine unit that I have or go with another unit?

Thanks to all for your comments

DrV
Old 09-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally posted by bao ling
All I have to say...In dash DVD...Yeah!
I had one in my car...
Old 09-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Ask ds baruuuuu about in car **** and how hard it is to drive with it on...
Old 09-06-2003, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 02 RS
an alarm is an alarm. all serve the same function others just have more bells and whistles so you pay more. basically most have a shock sensor with door swtiches and makes noise. the real cost of the alarm is the installation and how well the job is done.

as for your deck if you like it stay with it and use the saved money for your speakers. if you have the money and want something different then get something else. but just to get another deck b/c you are getting new speakers is pointless.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:34 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
All I have to say...In dash DVD...Yeah!
Amen...

Had a movie on once and it was a bad thing, no longer. I dont even keep the screen up when I drive since my attention span is so bad, I find myself playing with the controls and straddling lanes.

Old 09-06-2003, 03:31 PM

About your alarm

If you got the cash to spend Compustar is a really good NON DEI product. It was the first 2 way alarm system i saw at the time. Now you got every company making a 2-way alarm system. some of the features are:

1/4 mile radius, paging system, turbo timer, remote start, dual stage shock sensor, remote locks/wondows/sunroof, and all the other standard features that come with other alarms

there are a couple dealers on the island that sell this brand, Audiowerks, I-Spy, and Gotta Ack

As for your head unit, I'd still rock it, t's a really good unit, unless you are going to step up to an strictly pro audio system or a nakamichi deck or something around that area then you should stay with the one you got.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:50 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Not too sure

I have the Concept speakers in my car and I barley play the radio and the one in the bottom of the driver's door sounds blown or I thought it was loose but it is not.... I like Inifity speakers.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:50 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
It posted twice...

What
Old 09-06-2003, 04:17 PM

The only thing that suck about the motorized in dash dvd players is that is seems to cut off the a/c vents.
Push a button and they are gone. Shouldnt be looking at it anyways while driving. Maybe if it was an SUV and you had kids or something, but no one really needs to be watching it. So I didnt care too much.

Of course it took me 2 weeks to find the button and I b!tched the whole time about just what you mentioned.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:20 PM

Re: About your alarm

Originally posted by MongooseDog
If you got the cash to spend Compustar is a really good NON DEI product. It was the first 2 way alarm system i saw at the time. Now you got every company making a 2-way alarm system. some of the features are:
Just my opinion, but i HATE those paging alarms. I understand the concept and all, but I had the (hmm cant remember, one from Special T) and I hated it. The damn fob is huge and it never worked through cement walls and such. Its not worth it. 1/4 aint that big a distance and if you think you will be paged while sitting in Ala Moana food court and someone jacks your car, forget about it. Wont happen. I have had plenty of them and none ever worked unless I was standing right next to the car hitting it myself. Anyways they usually arent sensitive enough to detect someone just messing with it so if they steal it thats what insurance is for. Once again just MY opinion.

I went with too cheap an alarm on the STi since I was trying to avoid the 2-way system. Oh well...
Old 09-06-2003, 05:09 PM

Car Info: STI
I've heard the same thing about most of the 2 ways out there but I've been very happy with mine. I'm actually impressed with the range. Last weekend I stayed at the pacific beach hotel on the 23rd or 24th floor and had reception on the window half of the room with my car parked in the middle of the 2nd. Definitely not 1/4 mile but that impressive vertical range.

The main reason I got it was because I watch movies a lot.....and there's been too many stories about theater parking lots....
Old 09-06-2003, 05:11 PM

Car Info: STI
and my remote is as small or smaller than most standard remotes. The matrix/viper ones were too big

Quick Reply: Stereo Opinion