View Poll Results: Where would you guys like to meet up this week?
West Side - somewhere in ewa or kapolei
38.71%
Koko Marina - hawaii kai
61.29%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Starbucks Unwind Session 8 - 8/5 Thurs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 04:35 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Starbucks Unwind Session 8 - 8/5 Thurs.

vote then explain-

majority shall determine location

i want to meet some west side guys. too long have the townies ruled-
need to branch out- plus there are a couple of mililani guys too-

*for those who still don't know*
this starbucks unwind session thingy is simply a reason for us subaru enthusiasts to meet. its nice to put a face to a screen name. install days, track days (which i haven't been to yet...) are other ways. starbucks is just a common meeting ground... as i tend to notice hardly anyone drinking coffee!

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea

Last edited by gdogg; 08-03-2004 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon JAVA BLACK PEARL
i think somewhere on the west side would be nice too. um the starbucks parking lot isnt really that big but there are plenty parking lots on barbers point that could be used. there usually arent any cops there either. see ya guys thursday night!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
like i said b4 my frend is a cop on ewa side and he said its not the best place to do it they will give out tickets and kick everyone out of the parking lots cuz there is aready to much racing on fort weaver road i knw were not going to race but in other ppls eyes were just racers cuz our car are nice and fast they don't care that what we say even if we say we don't race it happens out there soo much it don't matter to them they just think were a car club looking for no good....and for those complaining about the drive julio aka (namakemono) comes to pearls from wailua, north shore now thats far and he's down to go were ever just as long as its safe....... and me yes i live in town but i drive to mililani to pick up my gf then back to were ever were meeting @ then i drop her back off then i go to twn after that. so for its too far everyone needs to stop acting like kids and drive its not like we don't have cars and have to catch the bus or ask someone to drop us off so if u can find a SAFE place were we can stay late and not get tickets and kicked out then post it like kyle and tiare did they asked the security guards if it was cool and they said yes. other wise just keep it were it is cuz we been to anna millers 4 times and nuttings happened there were cops there all those 4 times too and they neva say anything so i feel thats the safeist place.......

thats just my opinion.......sorry if spelling is wrong and i not trying to **** ppls off this is my opinion

Last edited by shaggadelic; 08-03-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:32 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i'm down for wherever but ewa does have a lot of cops and so does hawaii kai. i think if were gonna do it we should take it to jons house.. naw but i think kapolei is better if we have to take it out that side. i haven't had any problems with the cops there. thats just me though. hawaii kai is even worse so i really don't wanna go there. either way i'll probably show up.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
pearlridge location is actually the best for this since it's right int he middle of everything.

you know what we could do... we could have it on WED instead of Thursday for this week only and have it at Kapolei since there is a starbucks there. We don't have to meet at starbucks since there isn't enough parking but we could meet at the park just below that and send a couple of people to get refreshments for those that want. We could also do it a little earlier than 9:00pm so that whomever is interested can go to the track

If not on WED then we could do this on Thursday as originally planed.

Jon
Old 08-03-2004, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by iNfEk
1.pearlridge location is actually the best for this since it's right int he middle of everything.

2.you know what we could do... we could have it on WED instead of Thursday for this week only and have it at Kapolei

3.We could also do it a little earlier than 9:00pm so that whomever is interested can go to the track

Jon
1- agreed
2- if everyone's ok- set it up
3- hmmm tracks- sounds like the ole bait and switch technique

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 08-03-2004, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Thursday is better because wednesday is tomorrow.

Well, for me both days aren't great because I have night time meetings (it sucks and you fall asleep)

I vote for Pearlridge at 9:00 PM thursday.

Next time we should try Kapolei or Kakaako (ya'll have probably done it there before) and I will go pick up the starbucks/jamba from ward.

Can't wait to check out your cars on thursday!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Talking Ynot

pearlridge location is actually the best for this since it's right int he middle of everything.

you know what we could do... we could have it on WED instead of Thursday for this week only and have it at Kapolei since there is a starbucks there. We don't have to meet at starbucks since there isn't enough parking but we could meet at the park just below that and send a couple of people to get refreshments for those that want. We could also do it a little earlier than 9:00pm so that whomever is interested can go to the track

If not on WED then we could do this on Thursday as originally planed.

Jon
Good Idea, we should actually bring a cooler with drinks like for a picnic but night time version... we can pull a list of drinks and someone pick them up and we do a pot.

Actually, where in kapolei? the waterpark?

Mahalo
Old 08-03-2004, 02:16 PM

y don't we just make it @ the tracks on wensday so we can race and cruz and everyone just bring drinks? or make a list and ppls sign up 4 it
Old 08-03-2004, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiare
Good Idea, we should actually bring a cooler with drinks like for a picnic but night time version... we can pull a list of drinks and someone pick them up and we do a pot.

Actually, where in kapolei? the waterpark?

Mahalo
there is a small park on the left side (same side as starbucks) but further down the hill right before 7-11.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I'm down for hanging at the tracks....then probably going somewhere else after? anybody know if the parking lot behind Zippy's in Kapolei is a problem? I figure that places that are open 24hrs. would be less trouble (like Anna Miller's area). Or perhaps a WalMart (or Kmart) parking lot?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
there is a small park on the left side (same side as starbucks) but further down the hill right before 7-11.
Actually, that may be good. There's hardly anyone there at night, and I doubt we'd get harrassed by the cops, even though their station is right across the street.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Actually, that may be good. There's hardly anyone there at night, and I doubt we'd get harrassed by the cops, even though their station is right across the street.
agreed! No one really goes there during the evening... we should setup at time let say bout 7pm to meet there then roll out to the track or something... then leave at a scheduled time after the track to zippy's then hang out there or we could go back to the park.

we could also meet at the track then go to zippy's then go to the park.

Jon

Well track is tomorrow so... Anyone interested in meeting me at that small park (at about 7pm on wed) before we roll out to the track PM me. :banana:
Old 08-03-2004, 03:51 PM

we could also make these plans for thursday as well but there will be no track though.

So meet up Thursday 9pm or earlier at Kapolei park then go to zippy's have dinner or shoot the **** there!

Jon
Old 08-03-2004, 03:52 PM

im going to the tracks

Quick Reply: Starbucks Unwind Session 8 - 8/5 Thurs.