Stage Kit opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:35 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: in my humble opinion ...

Originally posted by Nolimit
Vishnu's site lists the Stage 1 as having a:
Vishnu-remapped ECU, Main Power Pulley and 321 Up-Pipe kit, and their "own high-performance turbo-back exhaust ". (So is that the signature series, or not?)

I don't know what $$ restraints you have, but I'd say you should definitely get the signature series exhaust. You already have an up-pipe, right? And the intercooler hose is a good addition as well.

Sean
Well I had to add an extra $300 or so to get signature and then instead of ECU I would substitute the XEDE.

But thats all on hold. I have something else planned now, possibly...maybe...hopefully...
Old 04-24-2003, 04:43 AM

Recently put on Vishnu's catback. I love it! Nice low growl, yet very quiet. Plus it looks stock, which was the deciding factor for me. Together with their uppipe & Perrin's hi-flow dp, my exhaust is flowing oh so freely now! The contruction of their products is flawless, and design is something to behold Go for the Vishnu
Old 04-24-2003, 05:42 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
EXEDE

Were you also planning to purchase the XMAP tuning software?

For BPM, the company has not released or shipped any of their products to any vendors worldwide for the past four months. That's a sad fact; they make great parts. I'm glad I was able to purchase their up-pipe and turboback when vendors were liquidating them.

I've contacted every distrubuter of BPM in the US that are listed on the BPM web page. Many of the vendors no longer carry the parts; if not, they are liquidating the remainding stock. If vendors do have BPM in stock, it is only the shortshifter. subaruwrxparts.com is the only vendor that I've seen that has BPM products in stock besides the shortshifter (they have BPM tmic and inlet pipes).

If you really want a BPM turboback, give me at call @429-2854. I know a vendor that had one Mkiii turboback and one Mkiii catback, but this was last month.

Oh, and if you want to hear what the system sounds like, just call me and maybe we can meet somewhere. Just to warn you, the system is so loud. I have to wait until my turbo timer shuts off the engine because the sound will trigger my stock alarm system.

Chris

Chris
Old 04-24-2003, 09:25 PM

Re: EXEDE

Originally posted by Chibby Goku
Were you also planning to purchase the XMAP tuning software?

For BPM, the company has not released or shipped any of their products to any vendors worldwide for the past four months. That's a sad fact; they make great parts. I'm glad I was able to purchase their up-pipe and turboback when vendors were liquidating them.

I've contacted every distrubuter of BPM in the US that are listed on the BPM web page. Many of the vendors no longer carry the parts; if not, they are liquidating the remainding stock. If vendors do have BPM in stock, it is only the shortshifter. subaruwrxparts.com is the only vendor that I've seen that has BPM products in stock besides the shortshifter (they have BPM tmic and inlet pipes).

If you really want a BPM turboback, give me at call @429-2854. I know a vendor that had one Mkiii turboback and one Mkiii catback, but this was last month.

Oh, and if you want to hear what the system sounds like, just call me and maybe we can meet somewhere. Just to warn you, the system is so loud. I have to wait until my turbo timer shuts off the engine because the sound will trigger my stock alarm system.

Chris

Chris
Yeah would get the software, just to have, not that I would ever tune or anything, but I might as well get it. I will stick with Vishnu if I do this, something else on the horizon for now, but who knows...
Old 04-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Re: EXEDE

Originally posted by Chibby Goku

Chris

Chris
hey Chris Chris,

that exhaust isn't loud! You need to listen to a Tanaaaaabe or Blitz!! Those are loud and obnoxious!

.... and when your car is on with the turbo timer, and you set the alarm, ... do you turn off the A/C?? I never had the alarm go off if the a/c was turned off. The fan cycling on and off is what set the alarm off.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the input, but no need now. Got the STi now. Woo Woo!
Old 04-26-2003, 03:32 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Yo Sean,

I never had the problem until I installed the up-pipe. I rarely use the a/c because i have a hard time seeing through the tint and also, I work in Waikiki were cops ticket illegal tints and modded cars; especially without recon.

The sound isn't obnoxiuos; it sounds a lot like a motorcycle with a whining sound. I only wish I had an option to quite the sound when I pass a cop.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally posted by DaveWRX
Thanks for all the input, but no need now. Got the STi now. Woo Woo!
Yeah yeah yeah...we ALL know already!
Old 04-26-2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Yeah yeah yeah...we ALL know already!
Im not excited or anything...
Old 04-26-2003, 02:32 PM
Staff Member

Originally posted by DaveWRX
Im not excited or anything...
Yeah right! You were the guy Chris told me about on thursday, saying you took the only silver/ silver. Because of that, I told him that I would wait until next month...then when I get there, Chris tells me that it's available because you took the blue/ silver...thanks a lot Dave...

Actually, I'm not upset...just gives me more time to put a bigger down payment on it...
Old 04-26-2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Yeah right! You were the guy Chris told me about on thursday, saying you took the only silver/ silver. Because of that, I told him that I would wait until next month...then when I get there, Chris tells me that it's available because you took the blue/ silver...thanks a lot Dave...

Actually, I'm not upset...just gives me more time to put a bigger down payment on it...
Naw, way back in the beginning I had a silver/silver and within a week changed to Blue/Gold, but they didnt have 2 come in. I never wanted Silver/Silver cept for the first week. I think Jeff has me confused with someone else. I fell in love with WRB when I got here...
Old 04-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Staff Member

Oh well...anywho...the silver/ silver is gone anyway. I'll just wait until next month...