Spread the WORD....We need everyone's KOKUA.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 91 BWM 325i E-30
Smile Spread the WORD....We need everyone's KOKUA.....

Aloha fellow car enthusiasts:
As we all know Hawaii Raceway Park was closed in April ... what you may not know is that we can still save it. The Honolulu City Council will be voting AUGUST 1st on resolutions 07-162 and 07-163. The vote must pass with a majority of 5 council members voting YES on the resolutions.

Essentially, they will be voting to condemn the land which was bought by something called Irongate Raceway Investors LLC. This group wants the 66 acre park rezoned to industrial, with a plan for 90 different lots. If the City Council votes to condemn, we will have Hawaii Raceway Park again.

Other ideas for a raceway here on Oahu have failed, proving too expensive or impossible to do. Every other county has its own raceway park and yet 85% of the drivers are here on Oahu. Don't wait for the superferry to drive your car to another island. Email or call your city councilperson today and tell them to vote YES on resolutions 07-162 and 07-163.

Go to www.racesafehawaii.com to learn more and to find out your councilperson's phone number and email.

Please forward this email to friends and colleagues and let them know the time to TAKE ACTION is NOW.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Are you affiliated with the previous owners/ managers of HRP?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM

I'm helping out Evelyn & Frank Souza, and also with George Nitta & Jeanette folks.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
not to seem ungratefull but are they going to just reopen that POS or are they planning on redoing it and making it drivable?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 PM

i have been out of the loop for a very long time, hows that going along with S.O.R.T? i thought they were working on getting a different lot? lot 27 or something like that? if the state condemns the land arent the racers/users still have to come up with the funding and investors?? and isnt this going be a TEMP site? or is the temp site lot 27? dont feel like going to another meeting if people are just going yell at each other and nothing gets done (the first racer meetings)

if you guys havent been out to the OLD HRP SITE since they close it kinda looks like this now...
Name:  hrpold.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  75.8 KB
even this picture is old (few months) its probably a waste land now.....
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 PM

1st things first is to get it reopen, then all the reconstruction will take place afterwards. (91 sleeper)

Last edited by juice princess; 07-24-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:23 PM

SORT hasn't given up, and we won't. Yup, we know how it looks like, so unreal some people to do this on purpose. People gotta speak out for things to happen, and of course we can't give up, just because nothing got done the 1st time. Maybe it would be great for you to come down, since you've been out of the loop for awhile with SORT. You can get your questions answered there, and what's happening now with SORT. Hope to see you there, and give the support again. (xurusaibobx)

SORT Meeting - All is invited!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heads up everyone!!!!

There is an upcoming SORT meeting

July 28, 2007 - Saturday
@ 4:00 pm
at our Kalaeloa Temp-Site
(Old Barber's Pt.)
on Coral Sea Road

From HONOLULU--Take H1 West - take left lane on Kalaeloa Off-ramp
Turn left - cross Farrington Hwy. - go straight into Kalaeloa, pass KHS football field. Turn left on Roosevelt then turn RIGHT on Coral Sea....Look for signs..follow Coral Sea to site.
From EWA--Take Ft. Weaver to Geiger Road into Kalaeloa. You will be on Roosevelt. Proceed to Coral Sea Road, take LEFT. Follow signs to site.

(We'll have signs posted to show the way.)

If you have any questions or need more directions, just give us a call:
Evelyn Souza 255-8297
Jeanette Grace 478-8520

Topic: Future plans for the temporary race track @ Kalaeloa (Parcel 24)
Questions & Answers

"Hope to see you all there!!!"
Old 07-24-2007, 03:22 PM

idk about everyone else but i would rather wait untill we can get a proper facility rather than have them open up HRP again and have them do it half *** like the last time. i mean having a place to race is great but i personally like auto-x at the stadium better than the old HRP. at least the stadium has decent pavement and you don't have to worry about a piece hitting the underside of your car. are there any plans to keep this new one nice or is it going to go to $*** like the last one? you need to bring me more than just lets save the old POS before you'll get any support from me. sry but thats just my opinion
Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Car Info: toaster
by the looks of it, it seems they would have to repave it regardless.

something is better than nothing.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I think tearing up the paved area was done on purpose so people wouldnt break in and do stupid things on the property
Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Originally Posted by xurusaibobx
if you guys havent been out to the OLD HRP SITE since they close it kinda looks like this now...
mmmm... finish tearing it up and lets get the rally cross going!
Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 PM

91sleeper- I respect your opinion and how you feel about this, that's what forums are for! It would make a lot of people happy to have the track open up, even though it may take some time & funding to complete the job, but at least Oahu people have a real race track back, race safely, than to modify a football stadium parking lot.

kawshon1- sooooo true something is better than nothing!! Oh, yes, I'm quite sure there will be repairs to the destruction that someone had to destroy from the picture above. So sad some people. We can't give up!

ditchhanger- Ya, and it was so stupid for this person to have done this unneccessary destruction, such a loser! That person will get what they deserve for doing this.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Cynt- coming to support the cause....come on down!

Last edited by juice princess; 07-24-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:09 PM

i'm glad that ppl are fighting for a place to race, i just wanna be sure we don't end up with another broken down track in a few years after we go through all the hassle to get it.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 91sleeper
i'm glad that ppl are fighting for a place to race, i just wanna be sure we don't end up with another broken down track in a few years after we go through all the hassle to get it.
Hey you gotta come down and check it out this Saturday afternoon, if you have some time, pls.....We need peeps like you to come out to speak your mind, and say how you feel. Come on 91sleeper! Does your name mean you have a 91' Sleeper in your garage? LOL!

Quick Reply: Spread the WORD....We need everyone's KOKUA.....