Old 09-13-2003, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Sponsorship: worth it?

http://forumshawaii.net/phpBB2/viewt...=441187#441187

Down near the bottom.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:23 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
Go for it, cheap and or free parts is always a plus... on the other hand you'd have to be flexable about being where they want you to be ie cars shows, cruz's etc. On another note go and check out "zero systems" on the corner of south beretania/ McCully street. Its a new import shop that caters to 240's and such but can and will get you what you need/want for your suby.

Ralph,

Hey pat I'd like to see your car in person with those fenders.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
I hope you don't mind but I replied to that thread as well pat!
Old 09-13-2003, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

I haven't gotten them yet. Still kicking the idea around. I'd like to see if someone at Schuman might let me try it out before I buy them.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

I don't mind a bit.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:17 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
go for ir pat you'll be known as the fastest wagon and soon to be the badest lookin wagon on island.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
Hey pat,

when you get sponsored dont forget to share the models
Old 09-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
What will your time/monetary commitment be? Do you know the people/mission statement of the shop you will be "representing"? What would the brass say on base if you rolled up in your wagon and it had "TITAN MOTORSPORTS" vinyl running up and down the side of the car? What will you be getting out of the deal? Does Titan bring in anything that you're looking to use on your car?

Not saying any of that will happen, but it's something to consider.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

I haven't agreed to anything. I just wanted to see what it would be all about.

Thanks for the good word, Ralph.

Last edited by gpatmac; 09-13-2003 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Go Pat Go!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Pr0n King

Originally posted by iNfEk
Go Pat Go!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Pr0n King

http://www.carsound.com/shopping_gui...ance_fox.shtml

So You Want To Get Sponsored

What you need to know, and do, in order to get a sponsorship.

by Brian Fox

Here is how it rolls, I’m approached at almost every show I attend and get asked the same question — "How do I get sponsored?" It’s a good question, but not one that has a simple answer. In fact, there are a number of things that you’ll have to do in order to get yourself a sponsorship with a company.

The big thing to remember is don’t expect something for nothing — don’t expect to approach wheel company XYZ, ask them for their latest rims for your tight whip, and have your UPS driver cursing your name the next day for having to deliver them to your door. Here’s a reality check: It just doesn’t work that way. You’re going to have to prove yourself to these people and prove that your ride is worthy of showing off their product. That’s going to take a lot of work on your part, but, if you really want it, you can make it happen.

Your Ride
A very wise man once said, "You can’t polish a turd" — the same thing goes for your ride. In this case, the polish is the Carbon Fiber hood that you’re dying to get your hands on, and the turd is your dusty-*** Civic that’s as dirty as Christina Aguilera’s new image (Dirrty is OK though...). Before you even think about approaching a company for a sponsorship, your vehicle better be tight, and in show-ready condition. That means a clean, eye-popping paint job, a healthy coat of wax, and sparkling wheels and tires. When you pop the hood, there better be nothing but the blinding glare of chrome shining back at you. That also means that your interior better look brand-spankin’-new, which means no Twinkie wrappers or spent cans of Red Bull — and nothing better be living in there!

Remember, when you get a sponsorship, you’re representing the company that you accept gear from every time you hit the streets and every time you go to a show, so make sure your ride (and you, for that matter) are presentable.

You’re also going to need to stay up on the latest trends and keep your ride looking up to date. You want your car to be the car-of-the-minute, not stuck in 1991! The best way to do this, as I’ve explained before, is get to some shows and see what’s happening. Find the killer "new look," ask the owner of the vehicle some questions, and then put your own twist on it.

The Plan
Once you get your ride in order, you’ve got to come up with presentation that will show off all the time and effort that you put into your vehicle. This presentation should encompass a few things, including a written presentation of the vehicle with its show and award history and a run-down of the gear currently in the vehicle; a schedule of the events that you plan on attending with the vehicle throughout the year; and a collection of photos that illustrate what you believe are the highlights of your ride. I don’t want to hear the excuses — take the time to make this happen.

Let’s face it, you’re expecting these companies to make an investment in you to promote their products, so why not give them everything they’ll need to make their decision. They want to see that you’re passionate about the industry and that you’re going to get up off your *** and show off their goods.

With this project, you’re actually killing two birds with one stone. Once you finish your presentation package, you cannot only use it to win over the hearts and minds of reps from possible sponsorship companies, but you’ve also got a handy tool for media outlets who are interested in featuring your ride. The easier you make the press’ job when it comes to covering your vehicle, the more apt you are to get coverage — it’s that simple. At the same time, the more coverage you get for your ride, the more a company is willing to sponsor you — see where I’m going with this?
Old 09-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Pr0n King

The Deal
Once you’ve jumped through all the hoops, met the right people, and got the go on a deal, it’s time to get real serious. You’re going to have to present a written proposal that will cover (among other things) the gear you’d like and where you’re going to show it (i.e., shows, events, etc.). Make sure that you deliver on everything you promise in that document. If you say you’re going to 20 shows in the next three months, you better get to those 20 shows, and after each show you should send a written report (with photos) explaining what went down. It’s all about respect, and you better show it.

While we’re on the subject of respect, remember to keep things in perspective. Look at this process as a privilege — not everyone gets to do it — and the one thing about privileges is that sometimes they’re easy to abuse. Don’t abuse your privilege. Don’t start making demands for more product or different product or you’ll find that those calls you’re making just won’t get returned. Remember those three words you learned way back in kindergarten: Please and Thank You. When you’re pleasant and easy to work with, people will want to work with you again.

One last thing to remember is give them what they want. If they want you to slap their logo on your windshield at every show you attend, do it. Don’t ask questions, just do it. If they want you to display your car at a local retailer for an event, make it happen. Remember this is all about reciprocity — if you scratch their back, they’ll scratch yours.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Nothing will change. If they sponsor me, and once I get it fixed, I'll be down to the track about as often as I am now.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Pr0n King

SWEET DEAL! Money for nothin', and my girls for free!

Quick Reply: Sponsorship: worth it?