Spit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
You shoulda just ignored them completely.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
***in loosers.

there are more stories like this here than ........ yeah, you guessed it, more than anywhere else I've lived. It's rediculous.
I personally believe it has to do with Hawaii's gun laws. If I, or anyone qualifying, could carry a gun, etc, etc, .... there wouldn't be as many fat ****s doing that ****.

or, as the saying goes, ... "If we were in Hong Kong, .... you'd be dead."
Old 01-20-2004, 05:58 PM

Dude, count your lucky stars that you got out of there with only some spit. Don't mess with those kinds of guys, man. Wouldn't have taken much for one of them to make a nice dent in your brand new car. Like gpatmac said, let it go. I've seen worse.
One time I saw a big **** guy who got perturbed with some young ricer. He went up to the ricer's car, and open-handed the ricer's face. It was such a violent hit, that his head went SLAMMING into the headrest and shook the whole seat.
A student teacher at my school recently was a victim of a random act of violence. He and a friend got held up behind a car at a stoplight. For no apparent reason, one of 'em got out of the car and started swearing at his friend (the driver), saying the usual, "Wot, wot! Wot da "fudge" you lookin' at!" The crazy ***** went over to the car and started pounding on the driver's head (the car's removable top was off unfortunately).
You're young, so I know this may go in one ear and out the other. Consider a little more restraint and tolerance next time. Although I know it's hard....
Old 01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by xxWRX04xx
i need some advice on future encounters
Originally posted by gpatmac
You shoulda just ignored them completely.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by Nolimit
It's rediculous.
I personally believe it has to do with Hawaii's gun laws. If I, or anyone qualifying, could carry a gun, etc, etc, .... there wouldn't be as many fat ****s doing that ****.
.....or driving like crap. I've said this many times, If you drive any where else, like people drive here. You'd get shot.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
I would have ignored them. Don't give them the satisfaction of even noticing them. It's funny the gun laws were mentioned. I am a responsible gun owner, and have had my carry permit in Pennsylvania for the last 9 years. I do not look for trouble, and in fact go out of my way to avoid it.... but you can be damn sure I wouldn't have a problem shooting some a-hole if they attempted to assault me, and especially if there are four of them that weight twice what I do. Like I said earlier.. just ignore them next time and go about your business.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
IMO Guns only escalate the situation.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Originally posted by MonkeyAB
I do not disagree that they can... but you need to know how to walk away from a situation. Carrying a firearm is a HUGE responsibility and is not for everyone. I do not carry a gun when I am going to bars, etc. I have been in numerous situations when people have hassled me while I have been carrying. Smiling and walking away is always the BEST solution, and the one that I always choose. However, if I am ever backed into a corner and my life is threatened, you can bet that I will use my firearm to defend myself. God willing, I will never need to.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by MonkeyAB

That's the intent.

As in anything, anyone who makes a decision to do something must be aware of the possible remifications of his actions.

For instance, if I were in a situation were I felt that my family's or my own safetly were at risk, I have many options available to me. Some heroic, some cowardly. Only I can make the decision on how to react. I can shoot (if I have a gun), but some very obvious serious ramifications would arise.. I can run and leave my family, yeah right. I can sacrifice my health to delay or deter them from harming my family, or sacrifice the health of my attacker. I'm not saying I'd do any of those; I'm the type of guy who tries to stay away from potentially risky situations so that I don't have to carry. Am I a scared puss? I prefer to think I'm practical.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:25 AM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
I agree that ignoring them completely is usually the best option. However, everyone has their limits. There may be a time when your girl and/or family isn't at risk and you don't feel like bending over for these mokes.

I think antagonizing them is the worst thing you could've done. You're actually giving them a reason to mess with you now. If you do decide to engage, you have to be prepared to go all the way and accept responsibilty for your actions. You have to ask yourself, are you willing to risk jail-time, law suits, or (your own) medical bills for these punks?

"Strike hard, strike first, no mercy Sensei!"
- Cobra Kai
Old 01-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Originally posted by MunkyWurks808
hmmm I just thought about it, but what IS the law regarding carrying a firearm in Hawaii? I had a female coworker a couple of years back who always carried a small firearm in her handbag... I assumed she was doing it legally.
basically, ... you can't carry.
Only officers and "special" people can get a permit to carry a handgun here in Hawaii.

now I'm not saying that if I could carry, and was carrying, and I ended up in a bad situation, that I'd shoot the guy, or people. It's just a state of mind thing, .... if people Knew that there are others out there carrying handguns, then they wouldn't try and be so "bad ***". I mean it IS a deterance knowing that you could get shot if you **** with just 'some guy', ... know what I mean?
I'm just not going to bow down to some 300lb fat **** (that can't even it in a normal car seat) just b/c he's spent his entire life being a bully, b/c he's mad at the world that he's a fat ****. If I was in my car I'd use my car to defend myself, ... he's not going to checking my plates anyway.
like people have said, there's a price to pay for everything, ... but are you willing to pay the price, ... even if you don't know what it is yet??

a little story, ... say there is a pickup truck and a car going down the road, ... and the "gangsta's" in the car pull up next to the truck all swerving and ****, almost out of control. And when the guy driving the truck swerves to avoid the car and honks his horn, the "gangsta's" in the car get all pissed off! So the drivers actually tries to Hit the thruck with his car! Repeatedly to the point where the truck has to slow down a lot, almost at a crawling pace. But the gangsta driver slows down too, he thinks he's a bad ***, and he keeps swerving into the truck. SO the driver of the truck pulls out Mr. .45 and "busts a few caps" in the side of the car! .... and whatta you know, ... the car swerves off the road and then speeds off never to be seen again.
true story. but i don't think there's a moral.

Last edited by Nolimit; 01-21-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Spit