Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:24 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
the cop didn't even fill in the actual speed, that alone would void the ticket i would think.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:28 AM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
i don't think that's a scanned copy of the real ticket though...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by eRicaSWGN
uh.... does it even say what speed you were going??
This is not my field but if I were you I would def go to court....

to me it looks like they are trying to get you for "not going with the flow of traffic" so you were going the correct speed limit but not for the current flow of traffic, you were going too fast compared to the other cars and therefore creating a danger.

I think this depends what judge you get and the cops reputation since it is his word against yours.
Also, although you have no speeding record they may get mean and bring up your accident record if you have one.
Flow of traffic doesn't even matter...you can't argue flow of traffic for a speeding ticket (I've tried). It's kind of like if everyone decided to **** on the sidewalk but you're the only one they catch doing it...you can't argue that it was ok because everyone else was doing it.

Furthermore, that ticket clearly shows that they did not get an "Actual" speed on you. As such, they have no idea you were going at the legal speed limit and decided not to needlessly slow down like the people in the other lane. You could also argue that the other people should've been ticketed because they in fact were not driving at or near the posted speed. It's like if someone decided to slam on their brakes on the H1 not during traffic and made everyone else have to slam their brakes...does this mean that the other lanes should've slammed their brakes too?

Anyways, needless to say this ticket will easily be tossed out and someone should slap the police officer that gave it to you.

You've seen me write to other people "Man up and pay it" but in this circumstance in which you were going at the posted speed limit and just chose to go around the idiots that were braking needlessly (which is discouraged at least here in the mainland) I feel you were the only one doing the right thing.

Last edited by bpang1; 07-18-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by Cynt
I would love to hear the answers he gets from the popo on forums hawaii... haha
I live across the street from Russel (aka:"Kalihicop" on forumshawaii.net). I'll walk over to his house tomorrow and see what advice he has.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by AngrySubyWagon
i don't think that's a scanned copy of the real ticket though...
Correct, I found a blank copy online, and filled it out exactly how it is on the orginal ticket.... I thought it would be easier for you fellas to see it, than try to explane how it looks like.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
he didn't even write how fast you were going!

I got a ticket once and even though the cop didn't get me for speeding, in court after I said that I had to change lanes to avoid slower traffic he said that traffic was going ~75 mph. I asked 2 questions 1)when does traffic ever flow 10 above the limit passed a CHP on the side of the road, and 2) if so many people were going 10 over why didn't he already have someone pulled over?

such obvious speed traps like that shouldn't be allowed because they disrupt the flow of traffic
Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Originally Posted by bpang1
Flow of traffic doesn't even matter...you can't argue flow of traffic for a speeding ticket (I've tried). It's kind of like if everyone decided to **** on the sidewalk but you're the only one they catch doing it...you can't argue that it was ok because everyone else was doing it.

Furthermore, that ticket clearly shows that they did not get an "Actual" speed on you. As such, they have no idea you were going at the legal speed limit and decided not to needlessly slow down like the people in the other lane. You could also argue that the other people should've been ticketed because they in fact were not driving at or near the posted speed. It's like if someone decided to slam on their brakes on the H1 not during traffic and made everyone else have to slam their brakes...does this mean that the other lanes should've slammed their brakes too?

Anyways, needless to say this ticket will easily be tossed out and someone should slap the police officer that gave it to you.

You've seen me write to other people "Man up and pay it" but in this circumstance in which you were going at the posted speed limit and just chose to go around the idiots that were braking needlessly (which is discouraged at least here in the mainland) I feel you were the only one doing the right thing.
Yet once again that is not what they are saying. Please take the time to actually read the post.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Wow 3 pages just for a ticket
Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
it's almost as bad when a female introduces herself on i-club. It's like the moon turns blood red everyone see's doubles and speaks all sorts of jiberish all while collectively loosing there minds.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
Every ticket I've ever gotten, I've always fought it. Most times I was in the right though. Most of the time I would get pulled over for stpid sh8 anyways.(Damn rookie cops in Waikiki didn't know what the hell they were doing) Just take it to trial and see where it goes from there. If you've got a pretty clean record, it works out better on your part. Only thing that sucks is that you'll have to take an extra day off to go to court for it. Good Luck man.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 PM

I have a history of starting treads that end up in pages.....Sad huh. I need all the advice on this....All my friends told me, its as minor as a speeding ticket gets. But I hate moving violations, so all this input so far is great!! Keep it comming, and thank you.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Keainakoa
Every ticket I've ever gotten, I've always fought it. Most times I was in the right though. Most of the time I would get pulled over for stpid sh8 anyways.(Damn rookie cops in Waikiki didn't know what the hell they were doing) Just take it to trial and see where it goes from there. If you've got a pretty clean record, it works out better on your part. Only thing that sucks is that you'll have to take an extra day off to go to court for it. Good Luck man.
I never recieved a speeding ticket before, so I'm hoping the judge can see, I've been diving for 7 years without a speeding ticket, and hope I get the benefit of a doubt...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:00 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
I never recieved a speeding ticket before, so I'm hoping the judge can see, I've been diving for 7 years without a speeding ticket, and hope I get the benefit of a doubt...
No speeding tickets......................just 1 Bon Fire on the H3. Sorry bro, I had to do it.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bran808
No speeding tickets......................just 1 Bon Fire on the H3. Sorry bro, I had to do it.
That made my morning...I can't stop laughing.

maybe I should have brought marshmallows that night
Old 07-18-2008, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
The last ticket that I got, which was for speeding, could've gotten me thrown in jail. I was clocked doing 113 in a 55 on the H-1 west bound right past kunia. This happened not even a week after I picked up my turbo box civic. Anyways, prior to that incident, my record was clean for just over 10 years. The judge really took that into consideration and cut my fine in half. So, instead of paying a $500 fine plus all the extra court fees, I olny had to cough up $250. I'm just glad it happened before they started cracking down on all the street racers. No tickets since and that was about 6 years ago.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket