Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 01:40 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
Speeding Ticket

ok well was on my way home friends house in kalihi..was cruzin about 60 when i passed the pearlridge exit heading westbound had a evo cruzin also...for some reason the guy started to take off and slow down waiting for me to down it..n e ways around the waikele cut off a si pulled onto the freeway also and i guess they were going at it...needless to say the evo starts tailing me mean kind(like on my damm *** crack) so i speed up a lil a just as i coming around bend b4 the kunia off i happen to be the first car a cop(black camaro) was lasering "so he say's" and pulls me over...as soon as i stop you can see the evo and si pounding it pass us...the cop comes to my window i said hey did u see those guys..that evo was tailing me and having road rage...he said o well i saw you first...so the ticket was for SPEEDING going 90mph in a 55mph...as i saw there's no fine he said the law changed and that anything over 30mph over the speed limit you have to go to court...my question is anyone went b4 ? how's the fine ? driver's ed ?...i told the cop hey man they were tryin to run me off the road and tailing...he said too bad..how bad is it for me ?

would it have been worst if the cop tagged me for street racing even though i wasnt ?...

man i lost all respect for cops..

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 06-17-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Were you going 90? One, you need to get a laser diffuser. They will protect you from the cops tagging you and are completely legal. The K-40 is one. I have been to court 4 or 5 times in Hawaii. 3 of those times it was the same judge, who was cool and used common sence. The other two times it was some punk judge out to prove how much he hated haoles. Prepare to get slammed. Contact your state officials and explain to them what happened. Try to get one of them to have your backs. Tell the judge the truth, and be very descriptive. If you were going 90, no matter the reason you are f&#^ed. Next time call the police when they tailgate you, so they get the ticket. That way you get a good laugh and stay out of trouble.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:58 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i could say woulda coulda shoulda... but i won't.

here is a link---> 291C-102 Noncompliance with speed limit
that's in regards to 90+mph (may be old)
not sure of the new law but here is some basic info...
for more go to this site --> Hawaii Satete Legislature

just type speeding in the search bar... might get the answer you are looking for.
hope that helps...
oh... and listen to KEIRNNA... he knows

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 06-17-2005, 02:10 PM

how do i get in contact with the state officials ?...well i think i found it and it doesnt look good..

"291C- Excessive speeding. (a) No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed exceeding:

(1) The applicable state or county speed limit by thirty miles per hour or more; or

(2) Ninety miles per hour or more irrespective of the applicable state or county speed limit.

(b) For the purposes of this section, "the applicable state or county speed limit" means:

(1) The maximum speed limit established by county ordinance;

(2) The maximum speed limit established by official signs placed by the director of transportation with respect to highways under the director’s jurisdiction; or

(3) The maximum speed limit established pursuant to section 291C-104 by the director of transportation or the counties for school zones and construction areas in their respective jurisdictions.

(c) Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a petty misdemeanor and shall be sentenced as follows without possibility of probation or suspension of sentence:

(1) For a first offense, or any offense not preceded within a five-year period by a conviction for an offense under this section:

(A) A fine of not less than $500 and not more than $1,000;

(B) Thirty-day prompt license suspension of license and privilege to operate a vehicle during the suspension period, or the court may impose, in lieu of the thirty-day prompt suspension of license, a minimum fifteen-day prompt suspension of license with absolute prohibition from operating a vehicle and, for the remainder of the thirty-day period, a restriction on the license that allows the person to drive for limited work-related purposes;

(C) Attendance in a course of instruction in driver retraining;

(D) A surcharge of $25 to be deposited into the neurotrauma special fund;

(E) An assessment for drivers education pursuant to section 286G-3; and

(F) Either one of the following:

(i) Thirty-six hours of community service work;

(ii) Not less than forty-eight hours and not

more than five days of imprisonment.

does this mean i can be convicted of all these or just one ? or as the judge see's fit ?..

damm racers...to the guy with the evo you better pray i dont see u again..

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 06-17-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Wow... sorry to hear that...
Old 06-17-2005, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
hum... sounds interesting...
Old 06-17-2005, 02:36 PM

damm i'm screwed...
Old 06-17-2005, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Damn punks!!! It's totally not your fault too... crap... Just don't give in. One night... I had a temptation to run a redlight on Beretania... good thing I saw a cop car in the corner of my eye and STOP! Phew... close call...
Old 06-17-2005, 03:33 PM

ya i know ah..but i should have not sped up and let them tail me till i exited...i dunno well i looked up wat can happen when i go to court so hopefully the judge will see it from my side and what ever punishment he gives me i'll just have to suck it up and take it like a man...ahhh..well at least i didnt get busted for street racing ? cuz i wouldnt got arressted and my car would be gone...hmm..it's making me think to get rid of the car and get something less racer prone....ahh
Old 06-17-2005, 03:53 PM
tru

wait a minute... what color was that evo and civic? was this on the 16th? well theres was a evo and civic that got pulled over for racingon the 16. if you make a deal withthe procecuter that you were a witness they'll porbably cut you a deal. thats if it was the same two cars
Old 06-17-2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by tru
wait a minute... what color was that evo and civic? was this on the 16th? well theres was a evo and civic that got pulled over for racingon the 16. if you make a deal withthe procecuter that you were a witness they'll porbably cut you a deal. thats if it was the same two cars

ya it was last nite..well actually around 1230 am...the evo(8) was white and the civic was black(si)...

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 06-17-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 03 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
ya i know ah..but i should have not sped up and let them tail me till i exited...i dunno well i looked up wat can happen when i go to court so hopefully the judge will see it from my side and what ever punishment he gives me i'll just have to suck it up and take it like a man...ahhh..well at least i didnt get busted for street racing ? cuz i wouldnt got arressted and my car would be gone...hmm..it's making me think to get rid of the car and get something less racer prone....ahh
i've been in court (as an observer) and there was a kid trying to tell the judge that he was driving with traffic with a bunch of other cars and that the cop pulled HIM over b/c of the kind of car he drove (supped up honda) the judge didn't buy his story , but i forgot what his punishment was, sorry, some judges will side with the officers

traffic court is fun sit in and watch (as long as it's not you going up there) the stories that people come up with is hilarious! that's how some people may see you as you're up there trying to tell your side of the story....SORRY!

hope everything works out for you!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:48 PM

ya that's tru..i've been to court for something that got dissmissed...funny thing said i had to be there at 8am but i didnt go up till around 1ish...and ya the stories peeps come up with is funny..and some of the things people do is foolish and the judge still goes easy on them..well hopefully if the judge doesnt totally belive me he'll at least know i wasnt racing just tryin to get out of the way from being another accident...ahhh..i gotta go pray now...=(

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 06-17-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
that sucks dude.....
Old 06-17-2005, 07:39 PM

Car Info: Subaru PSM Wrx 05 w/ Mud guards Red 88 Conquest
If he was driving an suv run like hell.
The camaro, Mustang or bike is a different story it was wise of you to stop.

just kidding.
Bummer about the court thing.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket