sounds install...host anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:13 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
sounds install...host anyone??

just wondering if anyone is willing to host a sounds install for my car. my friend and i will do all the work. just im in the process of lookin for a new place and still livin with my sister so i have no garage, etc. so if anyone has a carport/garage would be nice...lunch/beers will be provided. it will be a little long cuz im installing a deck, 2 amps, sub, components, and a screen. its those screen middle, deck on top setups. anyone who has done this before is also highly invited, assuming your cool with the host.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
I Have That Same Set Up With The Screen And The Deck But I Got Mine Done At Security And Sounds..
Old 06-19-2005, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Yo man, my place is available if you need. I live at the end of kapiolani blvd right before wailae. I PMed you more info.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:17 PM

thnx man. ill give you a call. anyone know how to pop off the clock piece part? i gotta go buy all the wires and try plan out the install so it doesn't take forever.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
the clock it pop out...the front of the clock is held by two clips thats a lil tricky to take out..when your pulling it it'll seem like there going to break..use a flathead to assit you ...maybe this is a good time to install my sub and amp also..hehe..good luck
Old 06-19-2005, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
when are you guys planning on doing this?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:10 AM

most likely this coming saturday. only thing is, i kinda played with my deck (finally came in) and the housing for the gauge cluster and it doesn't seem like it fits, the deck is like a kunt-hair too big. did anyone else running this setup have that problem? maybe i just gotta sand it down a bit and lube it up or something, but even the trim on the deck wont fit nicely as i would like into the housing. but my screen is gonna be done tomorrow and i have everything to go. hopefully i can pan out the deck fitment issue before saturday and if brandy lets us, we can do it at his place...
Old 06-20-2005, 05:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Sand it yo...but go slowly

Sounds like fun fun fun!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
If you guys go this install, anyone willing to help install my center gauge pod with boost, A/F, and oil pressure? I can probably bring some refreshments if we have a install get together.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:29 PM

Car Info: STI
Have fun getting that all done in a day while keeping the quality up Do you have spacers (bought/made) for your components? Maybe rubber/foam stripping or silicone type sealant to mate the spacer to the door. Something to mount the fuse holder on in the eng bay? Wireloom? Just simple stuff that everyone knows about but always forgets some how.

Are you planning any sound dampening for the doors? Its one of the easiest and most vitals ways to improve sound quality and efficiency in your suby. Good luck
Old 06-20-2005, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
I PMed you back. I also just posted these up for sale, just in case you need them:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-classifieds-97/fs-iaperformance-tweeter-brackets-103021/#post1061454
Old 06-20-2005, 11:37 PM

^^^those could be helpful. You could also use backstrap secured to the doorpanel. that allows you to get the tweeter right up close to the grill minimizing loss.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:12 AM

yea ill totally buy those tweater mounts. i have spacers already for the front components from iaperformance. got mb quart refs, 6.5 and the spacers they need. yea im tryin to buy all the 'little stuff' before the weekend so its quick and painless for brandy. i got the wire, some loom, zip ties, etc. not plannin on dampening the doors. maybe later. hey acarguy, you good with sounds??
Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 PM

I wouldnt say i'm good (i paid someone to do my install mostly since I didnt have a couple days to do it ), but I've been into it for a while and have a decent understanding of car audio. It also helps that I pick the brain of one of the better (if not the best) installers pretty regularly. I think I talked to you at the bbq, you were telling us about how the screen didnt quite fit.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^I like sound installs too...

Gonna be doing dampening pretty soon for my trunk and doors...I got my roller lubed up and ready to rock!

Quick Reply: sounds install...host anyone??