so my shocks went out....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 08:14 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon JAVA BLACK PEARL
if the car is untouched i would consider it a battle worth fighting because if they can not fix the car by the third attempt the lemon law takes affect right??? and if your car is declared a lemon you get a brand new one from what i read in the contract. thats just me tho.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:50 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Yo Dave I feel ya,

I had a bad history with my 04 STi suspensions... especially the rear ones.. since I bought my car new... there is defenitly a problem with the strut and mount, and SOA is aware of that. Ohana Subaru changed my rear struts like 2 times on both sides, and finally SOA came out with a new revision of strut with a different part number, but still fit the 04 model, not the 05 model though. 04 strut are red whereas 05s are black.

So now, I do not have any "clunking" noise or else, but like Gregg said, check your rear endlinks, they tend to flip up side down while the car is lifted that makes the rear sway bar to face down. The endlinks should be facing straight up vertically where the top end is connected to the sway bar. if the endlinks are bent, the car would either drop on one side or both, make it uneven like on yours pics.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by Tiare; 07-04-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
^^^ OOhh...forgot about that one! Lemon law time dude!! Either get an 06 or get your money back!
Old 07-04-2005, 11:41 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
can someone PLEASE explain this lemon law thing???
Old 07-04-2005, 11:51 PM

do you think i'd qualify?

i purchased an '04 STi from New City Nissan a few weeks ago. so far i've had the car for only about 2 months max. since then i've had quite a few problems.

1. my brake pads went out quickly (maybe due to previous owner?)
2. my rotors needed to be cut.
3. my rear struts went out.
4. now either my shocks or top hatch on my suspension is broken.

when i purchased the car it had only 10,250 miles or so. now i currently have about 11,200 miles on it. i went to subaru once already to change the brake pads and get my rotors fixed and to get my rear struts replaced. now i have to drop off my car tomorrow once again because of my shocks or something in my suspension. i was curious to know if i qualified under the "lemon law". and if so, do i take it up with New City Nissan who sold it to me? or do i take it up with Subaru?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:51 PM

ill get the papers out of one of my cars and give more detail but i believe the law states that if a new car has a defect that cannot be fixed within three tries the owner gets a full reimbursement or a new car...greg can you elaborate on this at all or shed some light?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:05 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
the basics are that if you have a car under warranty, and have to get a problem fixed 3 times... and still has the same problem... you have rights under hawaii law to get either a replacement, refund etc... depending on(if) arbitration is needed.

it also includes if a major problem(safety) exists, or something that requires 30 days or more to fix

in some cases you can get compensation instead of going into arbitration.... but be sure to get a notarized letter stating that the dealer will compensate accordingly.... some people opt that way if they think the dealer won't risk losing money in lawyer fees- vice versa customer opt out in case that they might lose....
i may have missed some details.. type hawaii lemon law in google.. you'll find tons of info

i have never had this problem arise... i've sold subarus and hondas.....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 07-05-2005, 02:49 AM

thanks g! hope that helps hongi. i cant imagine a subaru (rated most reliable car in 2004) being a lemon. honestly i hope you stick with it because these are such amazing cars. s2k has nothing on these cars.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:28 PM

sadly enough... i really don't think subaru will ever have a recall on STi suspensions(my04) simply because of the fact that its limited production(4500) and that a vast sum of us will modify our suspension or just swap it out all together- - - hongy, not sure about your brakes.... but if you bought your car used.. like i said before there just may be something haywire about that.
while it is definitely possible to one car to be a lemon. but my experience tells me that it is highly unlikely.. now if these cars were assembled/made in the U.S. then that may be a different story.

but if you have already committed to another line of car.. the S2K guys here in hawaii are pretty tight also... the same is not exactly the same for the DSM guys.
try becoming a member of www.4g63hawaii.com - (invitation only- i think)

if you do jump over- we going miss u bro....

Old 07-05-2005, 12:42 PM

so i just dropped off my car again this morning.

anyways... they were telling me that if it WASN'T the shocks (which i believe they are), they would charge me for checking the shocks out... wtf is up with that ****? i hate that augie fella. anyways... i was just curious, is five-star subaru the ONLY dealer with service? i'm realli getting sick of dealing with this f*cking bullsh*t...

speaking of which... i went to mitsubishi yesterday and saw a black EVO VIII that just called out my name... i might trade it in for that...

ah wellz...
Old 07-05-2005, 12:45 PM

dude.. i dunno how many times we have mentioned it in here.... BRAUN@waipahu is the only man to see........ man i miss subaru kaneohe right now i would had this problem fixed a long time ago....

Old 07-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Ouch... I was going to ask if you got it from Five Stars... and my fear was confirmed. The Augie guy is alright... never given me hell but I stopped going to servicing from them long time ago... bastards stole my rivets!!!

Well... don't be a stranger if you DO go to the Dark Side... I'm tempted too but reality checks in every time.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Dude, don't take your car to 5 star. They are one of the worst dealers here period. There are so many bad stories coming from that place (mine included).
Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Yeah, try Ohana Subaru.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
Originally Posted by sakebomb
if the car is untouched i would consider it a battle worth fighting because if they can not fix the car by the third attempt the lemon law takes affect right??? and if your car is declared a lemon you get a brand new one from what i read in the contract. thats just me tho.
i think it only applies, if you buy the car new from the dealer.

Quick Reply: so my shocks went out....