so my shocks went out....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
so my shocks went out....

this is the 3rd thing that's going wrong now...

that's it... it's official. i loved my STi while i had it, but i've had NOTHING but problems since i've had it.

1. my car get's keyed by some stupid *ss f*cker.
2. my rotors and brake pads go out.
3. my struts go out.
4. now my shocks are gone.

so now i will be looking for a new car. most likely it'll be an S2000 or an EVO8.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Car Info: toaster
sorry to hear that, but my s2k is for sale
Old 07-04-2005, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
damn...that sucks...well...if you do get a new car...good luck on the new project...
Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
yeah sorry to hear about that....
i've been selling cars for 3 years now.... subarus by far are one of the most amzing and exciting line of cars i have ever sold.... and driven... and owned (i have 2 of em) . . . . while i know where you are coming from.... hopefully you reconsider because in reality there is no line of car like ours... the closest being the evo... but even then.... it's still not the same. the S2k... as much as i love driving em.... the STi has everything i want in a car....

oh, and btw... you know where i work... you have my card
but i still prefer you to stay with AWD....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 07-04-2005, 02:37 PM

Is This Normal???

so yea... here are pics of my car... and yes... my car is tilting towards the driver side... and yes... one pic is the rear passenger side of my tire and the other is the driver side of the tire.
Attached Thumbnails so my shocks went out....-dsc03824.jpg   so my shocks went out....-dsc03825.jpg   so my shocks went out....-dsc03826.jpg  
Old 07-04-2005, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
and this car is brand new???
Old 07-04-2005, 02:44 PM

It's An '04 With Only 11,180 Miles....
Old 07-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
Hmm.. that's odd.

In this case, if you have an 04' STi, what might be happening is that they've developed "severe stiction" and my guess is that your driver's side struts are staying compressed, "holding" the left side of the car down lower.

You probably already know this but i've read that for the 04' STi's, the struts were problematic.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:48 PM

just jack up the car and it should pop out. it happened to me once...if it happens again i would change struts. but just jack it up and see what happens.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:56 PM

i've already had the dealership change out the struts. and they changed it out just like 2 weeks ago. and i appreciate your guy's advice and stuff... but yea... i've almost got my heart set on either a S2000 or EVO8... so yea...

i've never had so many problems with a car that i haven't even touched.... and i've only had the car for 2 months or less... so yea...
Old 07-04-2005, 06:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Take it to the dealership before you trade it in...tell them to check EVERYTHING! Not just the things that are broken.

My theory is that the prior owner pounded on that car hard or fiddled with something in there to screw it up.

Anyways, check out the Legacy GT...I'd like to see you play with that car instead!
Old 07-04-2005, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by hongyboi
yea...

i've never had so many problems with a car that i haven't even touched.... and i've only had the car for 2 months or less... so yea...
you bought this car used right? ..... maybe.. just maybe there is a history to this car that was not disclosed to you... because quite honestly.. of the 30 STi's i've sold here in hawaii none have been through your troubles.... but the susp. i can see... it's possible that your car may have been lowered before with springs.... did the dealer check/replace your endlinks? - i dunno just brainstorming..... tryin' to save another subie owner from goin over to the other side.....

Old 07-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by gdogg
you bought this car used right? ..... maybe.. just maybe there is a history to this car that was not disclosed to you... because quite honestly.. of the 30 STi's i've sold here in hawaii none have been through your troubles.... but the susp. i can see... it's possible that your car may have been lowered before with springs.... did the dealer check/replace your endlinks? - i dunno just brainstorming..... tryin' to save another subie owner from goin over to the other side.....

the thing is... it's not just the car. it's the dealer that's made me quite frustrated as well. they're ****ing dicks about the ****. plus they call everything on technicalities. for instance. that STi is my daily driver so without it, i'm carless. subaru doesn't even offer me a loaner car or a rent-a-car for me.

my father drives a '03 Toyota Tacoma and when he started having problems with the brakes, he took it to Toyota and not only did they told him to leave the car at the dealership, but they RENTED a car for him free of charge. also, after the brake work was done, they call him 3 time during the next 2 months to see if everything was all right. THAT'S service. and THAT'S the LEAST i should expect from Subaru since i own one of their pricier cars.

anyway... that's just me *****ing and being korean again.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Yeah, try getting Suckco(servco) to do that here. Hell, half the time they dont even want to admit the problem exists. Once they do agree to that they immediately say you did it so it isnt covered under warranty. Gah! Sry bout the rant. I hate Servco. been screwed by them a few times. Was a friggin fight to get them to fix anything. I sucks that your Sti has been giving you such problems thou. I hope you get the EVO8 vice the S2k. BTW, what dealer are you using here?
Old 07-04-2005, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Originally Posted by Howler
I hope you get the EVO8 vice the S2k. BTW, what dealer are you using here?
If you are gonna go to the other side, I would hope that you get an EvoVIII instead of an S2000. But from what I've heard, Evos are very problematic (just what a friend of mine said, don't know if it's true). Whatever you do, good luck on your next car.

Quick Reply: so my shocks went out....