So I needed a car for the winter season...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:51 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
Originally Posted by 808subaru
Garbage is a harsh word. Did you get a chance to wring it out yet?
If someone threw this out in the "trash", I'd pick it up. The new Evo MR may not be well-received, but it is better than most cars out there.
no, you're right. garbage is too harsh. do i PREFER it...negative. I just feel it's more cons than pro vs the IX
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Do you not like the Evo X MR because of the exterior? If you ever drove one, you will know that the MR is much more fun to drive than the 08 STI. Point to point steering with the S-AWC is greater than the 08 STI which still shows the same understeer as the previous models.

The turbolag theory is nonexistant if you ever drove an Evo 8/9 and compare it to the X. There is LESS turbo lag on the new FQ engine.

We can always debate if we personally like a car or not, but I've driven an Evo 9, X, 05 STI, and 08 STI. The Evo X is much better hands down.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
honestly, I know the Evo is a more dominant car. But it all boils down to personal preference. Me, i was disappointed in the seats difference. I prefered the IX seats over the X. Overall the exterior just didn't warm over well for me. But if you put a IX and a X in front of me, I'd choose a IX. Same with 06 STi or 06 Evo. I'd take the Evo. 08 X or 08 STi...I'd take the STi. It's probably my liking towards hatches.

We all could go on and on though
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
I actually like both 08 models and either would be great in my garage, alongside my '04 that is. Both Subaru and Mitsubishi have raised their demographic on their highline models. Both have gone softer and took a more mature view on how their models should be. I will always love how visceral the driving experience is in my 04, but I am now 45 and when I grow up I could see myself driving either the latest iteration of the Subie or the Mitsu. BTW, hey B, I love how the Evo looks in that burgundy color...gorgeous!