So folks, I'm leaving the first week of March.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
your gonna make me cry...on a serious note, gotta have a few beer's with me at Sherri's before you leave....

so who's gonna be in charge of the meets and cruises?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:47 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
I dont make it to alot of the meets, but name the time and place and Ill bring the GC so we can all hangout before you take off. GL over there!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
"so who's gonna be in charge of the meets and cruises?"

Good question.

Criteria: This person would have to love i-club AT LEAST half as much as I do. This implies:

1. They'd be willing to plan and attend meets and cruises regardless of location. This implies that using gas prices as an excuse is a rather wimpy and if that mattered, then you should have bought an Echo. Nothing is far. We live on an island. Mainland i-clubbers would laugh at us for complaining about a 20 minute drive to a meet. All who attend these events should respect the location of the meets as well as the people there. I always try to leave good impressions for Starbucks managers/employees as well as security guards so that they will allow us to return for future meets.

2. They'd have an open mind and would welcome all new Subie owners. This means that they would have to tolerate the relative naievety to Subarus as well as help guide them in the proper direction with minimal flamage. If not, then these forums would be just another NASIOC.

3. They would have to contribute to the image of HIIC meaning not driving like a jackhole on public roads regardless of whether or not there is a track to race legally on. For the same reason we race on the tracks, we must not race on the streets. We also need to respect other drivers on the road. Subarus aren't the only cool things on four wheels. The last thing we need are Subie-haters. I know it's tempting to show off your boxer rumbles and blow off valves during cruises with like 40 other HIICers, but take it easy. We don't need to get on the public's as well as HPD's bad sides.

4. Be willing to help out another HIIC member in need. If somebody needs and asks help installing something, be willling to lend a helping hand. Also, make them realize that you're not doing it FOR them, but WITH them. Having them learn and help install their own mods is more valuable than doing it yourself. That way, they can "pay it forward" by helping future or current members with their install projects.

5. Make an attempt to know as many members as you can. You will realize that there are A LOT of awesome HIICers here, many of which do not know each other for one reason or another. Do not forget former HIICers when they move away. They were a part of your life when they were here and deserve some long distance aloha as well as some more if they come back. Also, welcome visiting i-clubbers from other chapters and show them what HIIC is all about...racing and ****.

6. When Imprezer comes over, be cool or you will be banned. He likes school teachers and doesn't drink beer.

7. Do not EVER look down on Forester XTs. In stock form, they will tear the right and left ********* off a WRX in the quarter mile and with minimal suspension mods, on the twisties as well. In fact, give the drivers shakas whenever you can, regardless if they're over 50 years old.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Very well said Josh. Tough shoes to fill in whoever it is...
Old 02-17-2006, 06:52 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
josh sorry i wont be here as i'll be in texas for that whole week..but i'm sure we'll get a few runs in at the track b4 u leave...shoots
Old 02-17-2006, 08:49 PM

Car Info: cars
dude... good luck with everything. we definitely have to cruise before you leave. give me a call later.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:04 AM

Car Info: 05 STi Black on Gold
Unhappy damn

for the short time i have been attending track events (scca or drags) and thursday night meets, i could always count on Josh to be there every single time. (Randy, Myron and Nevin too). even though im still a n00b they always made me feel comfortable to hang out and proud to be part of HIIC. sad to see you go Josh. when you think about it, who else would make a better candidate to represent HIIC on a different island?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:38 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
damn man, get rich with the new job and build a bridge over.

hope to chill before you head out man
Old 02-18-2006, 03:36 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
Well, at least you can put off new tires since you won't be racing as much...Crap. Ok. I'm gonna miss ya. I'm gonna be at sea through the first part of next week, and in shift work after that, but I will keep an eye on the boards (easy enough, it's my homepage) to see where and when stuff is. You aren't leaving the boards just because you're leaving the island, are you?
Best of luck Josh. I hope the business goes great.

Well put with the criteria. Someone has big shoes to fill.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:52 AM

Sorry to hear you go Josh, this is James the other Forester in Kapolei. Hope to see you before you leave man.