Siphoning gas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 11:44 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Siphoning gas?

Anyone know if there is an easy way? I am supposed to drop the car off today (wont happen) but they need it less than 1/4 tank and I stupidly filled up the other day not thinking...

Gotta drive around the island about 10 times I guess unless there is an easier way.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
STi right?

towards the rear of the car if you're looking from under the car you'll see the fuel tank. on the bottom of both of those you will see a bolt (14mm/I believe) just take out the bolt (be careful since you're dealing with fuel) and drain it accordingly. make sure you clean up any spillage since you're right next to the exhuast.. it should evaporate but just being cautious (sp?)

Other way (on most cars) would be to stick in a long clear tube into the gas tank then blow in it to create pressure and it should come straight out (something like that) but you might be tasting fuel like that

Jon
Old 03-05-2004, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by iNfEk
STi right?

towards the rear of the car if you're looking from under the car you'll see the fuel tank. on the bottom of both of those you will see a bolt (14mm/I believe) just take out the bolt (be careful since you're dealing with fuel) and drain it accordingly. make sure you clean up any spillage since you're right next to the exhuast.. it should evaporate but just being cautious (sp?)

Other way (on most cars) would be to stick in a long clear tube into the gas tank then blow in it to create pressure and it should come straight out (something like that) but you might be tasting fuel like that

Jon
WTLW Jon. Bimmer. No more STi. Sheesh where you been?

I called an auto parts store and they have something I can use to suck the gas out.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:13 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally posted by DaveWRX
WTLW Jon. Bimmer. No more STi. Sheesh where you been?

I called an auto parts store and they have something I can use to suck the gas out.
oh yeah... hehehe LOL.. duh! I guess being stuck in the hospitle for 2.5 days could have killed my memory... figures

Jon
Old 03-05-2004, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
So has she had the baby yet??? Yea Dave they got this thing with a accordining (m/sp) like in the middle of the hose it is used for siphoning gas or what ever..
Old 03-05-2004, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by silver satin
So has she had the baby yet??? Yea Dave they got this thing with a accordining (m/sp) like in the middle of the hose it is used for siphoning gas or what ever..
Yeah I think thats what the guy was talking about. Going to wait til Monday to take the care to the port so I will drive a bit this weekend. Gotta hit some of the beaches that I will miss so darn much. Gonna be hard getting used to the cold azz water there. Brr... Sent you that check today.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
You the water off the west coast is much colder than here but the only time I went in it was when I lived in Wa and it was cold even in the summer. Yea before I moved here I almost did the same thing went out to the car to go somewhere seen I needed gas and thought I'd fill it up Almost did it...
Old 03-05-2004, 05:53 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
I just made sure that I had two bottles of water next to me just in case I had to rinse my mouth.