View Poll Results: Should HIIC have elected officers and membership dues?
Yes to both
30.43%
Yes to elected officers only
17.39%
Yes to membership dues only
0%
No to both
34.78%
I don't really care
17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Should we have HIIC Officers and dues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Should we have HIIC Officers and dues?

In light of the other thread I started in regards to the shirt costs, I was wondering what everyone thought in regards to having people pay dues and elect officers in order to make things go a little more smoothly.

If we decide to elect officers, we will start another poll to see who should be in the position of President, VP, secretary and treasurer.

If we decide to have dues, they will be collected and taken care of by one responsible person and the dues will cover t-shirts and other club- related purchases.

Just a thought and in no way is this going to happen...just putting out feelers.

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 08-01-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
yes to officers since this board needs some serious cleaning up!

I for one voulenteer for the job!

Jon
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
i'll be the secretary...because i'm hot......and sexy....and i look hot and sexy in glasses.........

no....

ok....
Old 08-01-2005, 01:08 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I guess some things could be more organized. Maybe things could go more smoothly if a select few can be tasked to organize major events (i.e. cruises, t-shirt/logo designs, etc.). This will allow things to be finalized earlier. Of course this will involve the utilizing of the poll as the opinions of the rest of HIIC is and should be highly valued.

However, I have a feeling that the selection of officers will not go smoothly.

As far as dues. These funds can be used to fund major install days, production of shirts/stickers, prizes/food for cruises. I am personally for it but one issue comes to mind. If I were to advertise i-club to new Subaru owners and mentioned dues, they may have second thoughts about joining.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Wink Regulations...

Originally Posted by sneezerboi
I guess some things could be more organized... however, I have a feeling that the selection of officers will not go smoothly.
agreed on that, since there are already some communication problems in this board and people like to get on others's back.

Concerning the dues, they can be allocated for major events only! not T-shirt or install day since not everybody will buy a shirt or install new parts that require fees!

Just my opinion...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
^^^ Exactly, I seen enough politics and power struggles in my previous and current workplaces. I refuse to add anymore drama to my life, especially in this haven called i-club.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:42 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Im still a noob here, but I agree with josh, that it probably won't go smooth electing officers. But anytime you are doing something for first time, usually doesn't go smooth.
I think having officers is a good idea. I know it maybe seem kinda communist, but sometimes communism works. Or, we could just have a board who votes on controversial issues (no big cheese/president/vp etc) and each person has a job (i.e. secretary, treasurer, marketing, organizer, etc)
For example, why do people bag on communist type countries when the judicial branch and military are practically communist yet people love the way it is structured?
As for dues, Tiare has a good point, not everyone wants a tshirt (i do though) and not everyone will install stuff. But definitely have collections for the people who do want shirts and install days...just my thoughts.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
When I mentioned the dues, it wasn't for install days or that kind of stuff. I had shirts, stickers, and food for get-togethers. The moneys will allow discounts (on shirts and stickers and such) to those who pay dues, while those that do not, may have to pay more. As far as mentioning dues to those newer people, it would be an option. Those that pay have somewhat of a right to input on decision making as far as where the money goes. i-Club.com is a free forum that doesn't require money to join, and it is staying that way...I'm not saying that it should be and everyone must pay dues if they want to sign up. It's just an option to those that want to.

As far as elected officers...I knew this would be a problem. Since this group's inception in 1999, there are some people who contribute more than others and there are some that don't contribute at all. Power hungry people need not apply. I'm serious. I've been acting as the somewhat de-facto person in charge since I was the first mod here. Greg and Rich were also put in charge later (when I needed help since I couldn't browse the forums as freely) to make sure things weren't getting out of hand. Things seem to be under control somewhat, and the officers (although it would be nice, since the continuity is there) do not have to be Greg or myself. The people in charge MUST BE RESPONSIBLE. Think about that when you vote....they will be in charge of things going on. Then again, we can leave things the way they are...I'm leaving it up to the group to decide.

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 08-01-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:49 PM

Car Info: Justy
I have a few friends that are in the SE (Scion Evolution). Yes, I have sorta showed up at their meets. They have officers and dues, overall their club seems far better organized when it comes to events.

I think their dues are like $30 for the year, this gets them a shirt, discounts at shops (I am pretty sure that they are online vendors though). The dues would help greatly on cutting the price of the events down and other club materials (shirts, stickers, etc..) We could even use some of the dues money to maintain an HIIC website.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
When I mentioned the dues, it wasn't for install days or that kind of stuff. I had shirts, stickers, and food for get-togethers. The moneys will allow discounts (on shirts and stickers and such) to those who pay dues, while those that do not, may have to pay more. As far as mentioning dues to those newer people, it would be an option. Those that pay have somewhat of a right to input on decision making as far as where the money goes. i-Club.com is a free forum that doesn't require money to join, and it is staying that way...I'm not saying that it should be and everyone must pay dues if they want to sign up. It's just an option to those that want to.

As far as elected officers...I knew this would be a problem. Since this group's inception in 1999, there are some people who contribute more than others and there are some that don't contribute at all. Power hungry people need not apply. I'm serious. I've been acting as the somewhat de-facto person in charge since I was the first mod here. Greg and Rich were also put in charge later (when I needed help since I couldn't browse the forums as freely) to make sure things weren't getting out of hand. Things seem to be under control somewhat, and the officers (although it would be nice, since the continuity is there) do not have to be Greg or myself. The people in charge [B]MUST BE RESPONSIBLE[B/]. Think about that when you vote....they will be in charge of things going on. Then again, we can leave things the way they are...I'm leaving it up to the group to decide.
I don't want a presidential tital or a vp title or treasury (sp?) title.

all I want to come out of this is someone that can make this section (HIIC) better for everyone.

bring back the i-club that i once knew and a lot of the old skool guys knew.

I'm willing to take on that kind of responsibility and TRY to conform to the rules of this board to make sure that we have the what we used to have before.

A LOT OF OUR OLDER MEMBERS THAT HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD FOR A WHILE REFUSE TO COME ON IT BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MUCH CRAP FILLING THIS BOARD NOW. they constantly state that they don't want to have to scroll through pages and pages of crap just to get to something good to read (ie. what type of BOV to get what type of exhaust is the best). A lot of the questions being answered (and I've stated this is one of my other posts) is that people don't know how to use the search feature or refuse to use the search feature and only want the answer to everything.

granted this is not a thread for what I'm posting but I know and feel strongly that we need this sort of thing

I'm volenteering

Jon
Old 08-01-2005, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
The payment of dues should get you something. I-club on a whole does not charge dues so in keeping with this, it should be free to join. But I agree with using dues to get shirts, decals, whatever.

On how to elect officers, I would recommend doing nominations and see where it goes from there. However, I feel it might become more of a popularity contest than anything. I wouldn't know if those elected would actually benefit HIIC.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Do we really need regulations?

Originally Posted by iNfEk
I don't want a presidential tital or a vp title or treasury (sp?) title...
I'm volenteering
Wow, sounds like you really want a piece of that man! :banana:

Sorry, but I will not vote for you or myself or others, I believe in better responsible people such as current Moderator(s) and Admin(s).

That is my 2 cents.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Well, organization is essential when it comes to large events, I think we need that. Nomination, on the otherhand, would be like a popularity contest like Sykosis mentioned.

Hey B, why don't you post up more details on what you see going on with them Scion guys... and we can build on that. There's no shame in learning and taking useful ideas from other clubs.

Jon, we have beaten the dead horse enough. I see there's an recent improvement on the "n00b" threads. Like you said, there's an "search" button. The old skooler and mid skooler can use the button to search for interesting threads through out i-Club. I'm sure there's tons of useful technical info threads out there. To sum it up, I think we are being too quick to judge relating "useless" posts to the decline (if any) of old skoolers not coming on.

I don't want HIIC turned into "Animal Farm." If y'all know what I mean.

Last edited by luktang; 08-01-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
I'll pay in a c-note, just for the right to delete member accounts at my will.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
I'll pay in a c-note, just for the right to delete member accounts at my will.
I'm with you on this one!!!

Jon

Quick Reply: Should we have HIIC Officers and dues?