Shops?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI SWP
Originally Posted by SUMATIC808
not only that but most importantly free labor charges lol.

downfall, suspension should be a walk in the park. as long as you have basic knowledge of wrenching. and tools of course.

School, Working swing shift and raising my daughter not a lot of time to play. LOL I have installed suspension on various other cars but find it to be a pain in the *** haha.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX STI
Originally Posted by Downfall
School, Working swing shift and raising my daughter not a lot of time to play. LOL I have installed suspension on various other cars but find it to be a pain in the *** haha.
daaaamn. alot on your plate huh? lol
you should have someone do it for you like a side job. im sure theres a lot of guys that'll be willing to. where you located at?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 AM

I live in kapolei, I have a garage, a jack and a helping hand just not all required tools. I have installed springs before just not coilovers.

Also who do you guys recommend for alighnment after the coilovers are installed? i'll be going pretty low.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
just curious....is your car paid off? title in hand?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 AM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
I live in kapolei, I have a garage, a jack and a helping hand just not all required tools. I have installed springs before just not coilovers.

Also who do you guys recommend for alighnment after the coilovers are installed? i'll be going pretty low.
I got my alignment done at Island Brake and Alignment. They did a good job, just make sure you have an appointment.

I am more than willing to help you install them. I didn't install my coilovers but a shop did it for free so it's all good. But from the research I've done, our cars are cake! Don't waste your money having someone else install your coilovers. I'm down to help you whether it be at your place or mine and we'll get this done. I live in Ewa so it's no problem. Shoot me a PM!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by houdni
just curious....is your car paid off? title in hand?
Why ask if someone has paid off there car? kind of a personal question.. and I dont know you. "Curious what does this have to do with my suspension"?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by the_truth
I got my alignment done at Island Brake and Alignment. They did a good job, just make sure you have an appointment.

I am more than willing to help you install them. I didn't install my coilovers but a shop did it for free so it's all good. But from the research I've done, our cars are cake! Don't waste your money having someone else install your coilovers. I'm down to help you whether it be at your place or mine and we'll get this done. I live in Ewa so it's no problem. Shoot me a PM!

Awesome, I will let you know If I do this and take you up on your offer. Just seeing what my options are.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
im sorry bro....and welcome to the subie family...

Last edited by houdni; 04-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 AM

LOL Kind of know what recon is, been modifying cars for a pretty good amount of time, this is not thread related but thank you for informing myself and other what recon is. Its also very nice that you have pictures that you store to remind yourself.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 AM

well in that case if the truth is willing to help out and youre in kapolei i can swing by also. i did my coils on my g35 and my sti. i got all tools nevessary so just hmu with a day and ill try and make it.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Island Brake and Alignment. Did my tacomas lift there with coilovers. Not bad price for install and alignment. They know a lot when it comes to aftermarket suspension.

Streamlines pretty good. Did my wrx valve cover and head gaskets there recently. Only downside is they can get busy so repairs can take a while. My car was there for about a month but runs like a champ now.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Thanks guys, Called a few shops But Maybe we can tackle this ourselves, I would of course supply beers and some food. Would have to be on the weekend, possible a saturday, I have an enclosed garage, I'll check with my friend see if he can possibly help I know another subie guy wanted to learn how to do it as well so we can make it some type of event LOL.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:31 PM

post a thread on it title it install day. and lets get'r done. will be a fast install though lol
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 2015 Forester 2.5i 6 spd manual
I'm right down In Ewa too if you need more help, Subaru's are not bad at all and I usually do suspension by myself.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
Thanks guys, Called a few shops But Maybe we can tackle this ourselves, I would of course supply beers and some food. Would have to be on the weekend, possible a saturday, I have an enclosed garage, I'll check with my friend see if he can possibly help I know another subie guy wanted to learn how to do it as well so we can make it some type of event LOL.
I'll swing by if the day/time is right.

Quick Reply: Shops?