View Poll Results: Your shipper of choice for parts.
Fedex
20.00%
USPS
46.67%
UPS
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Shipping Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Shipping Poll

In light of the problems I'm having with Fedex regarding my tires that I purchased from Tirerack(they're so good they contacted me about Fedex's problem). I'm gonna start a poll about it...

Honestly, I prefer USPS since I tend to know the 2 postmen who work there. I never really had good experiences with Fedex when they ship to a residential address. UPS delivers them on time everytime. My wheels were shipped on UPS and I got them on Friday. My tires were shipped on Fedex and I still haven't got them yet and they claim it was an "incorrect address"(completely bs cuz the wheels from UPS came :P). This isn't the first time incorrect addresses were the problem with Fedex and my home. I think those guys are just lazy to even deliver it. Now I have to haul my *** over to Fedex location and pick those god damn things up. lazy delivery people.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:48 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
I have to go with UPS atleast for the last 8 months or so since I have been here. I ordered up some parts for the Accord on the same day. Same sorta parts too, nothing custom. One company used UPS and they arrived 2 days after ordering, the other company Im still waiting on and they use FEDEX. I track the FEDEX shipment and it was given to them last Wednesday and now its what, Tuesday. Not impressed. The delivery gal is cute so I couldnt go off on her tho. Oh well. USPS seems to be the most reliable, but I never order anything major that ships through them. I know most everyone has had issues with UPS so I must be lucky is all, but I have ordered up 10-12 large items since being here and all the UPS ones have gotten here 2-3 days.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:45 PM

Car Info: STI
I'd have to go with UPS. I've sent stuff USPS priority and there have been times it took 2 weeks to get there!!!. At work we get stuff from UPS and Fedex on a daily basis and there is a huge difference between UPS and fedex service. Its pretty common for Fedex to take an extra day or two because of their pickup and drop schedule....if they've already come they probably wont come back...and they often deliver at the end of the day (around 5pm) which means you can use the stuff that day anymore...which sucks.

And I know to hawaii both shippers say next day is 2nd day and 2nd day is 3 day...but some times you'll get lucky with UPS and they'll be a day early....but I've NEVER seen that happen with fedex.

Just the other week a ordered something from CA midday here and we got it the next day around 2pm!! cool
Old 09-16-2003, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
UPS and USPS(Express) is actually fast for me. Fedex always takes about a week to get to my doorstep. If I was to give my vote, USPS is the one I'll give, but UPS will be the close second.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:09 AM

UPS totally sucks. They steal stuff, plain and simple. Had some positive experiences with Fedex, although I've heard of stuff about them too. Good 'ol USPS rocks!
Old 09-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
usps or fedex

i hate ups!
Old 09-20-2003, 02:03 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
I've had experiences with all three! FEDEX doesn't ship a true 2nd day air. UPS IS THE BEST! and USPS people steal stuff!

For the most part (lately) USPS has been good (provided you have a tracking number)!