She is born

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Wow, thanks so much.

I'll tell you that I'm still walking in the clouds. She's perfect.

I need to go see her again. I guess it's standard, but policy is that they have to stay for observation for 2 nights.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:34 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
I like your hat too.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
I like your hat too.

I'm always advertising.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:39 AM

Rangers lead the way.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:45 AM

By the way man I had something that happened to me this weekend that literally caused me to laugh in someone's face. This girl comes up to me and says "So what exactly does the military do for you?" At first I didn't really know what to say because there is a superfluous list of things. Then she says "I mean what can it do for you that you can't get as a civilian?" So I said the first thing that came to mind, leadership. She had the nerve to then say "Oh yeah but you can get that in student gov!" Then I laughed in her face and walked away because I realized at that point whatever I told her would drain out of her ear very similar to what the rest of her intelligence must have done. Anyway, not highjacking the thread or anything, just had a funny story for you.

And by the way, congrats man.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
congrats man! she is very precious! and she came out in a real hurry to see u guys lol
Old 05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
congrats pat. b
Old 05-16-2005, 11:30 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
congratulations...
Old 05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
By the way man I had something that happened to me this weekend that literally caused me to laugh in someone's face. This girl comes up to me and says "So what exactly does the military do for you?" At first I didn't really know what to say because there is a superfluous list of things. Then she says "I mean what can it do for you that you can't get as a civilian?" So I said the first thing that came to mind, leadership. She had the nerve to then say "Oh yeah but you can get that in student gov!" Then I laughed in her face and walked away because I realized at that point whatever I told her would drain out of her ear very similar to what the rest of her intelligence must have done. Anyway, not highjacking the thread or anything, just had a funny story for you.

And by the way, congrats man.
You know, I don't recall ever being on the receiving end of something like that in person. I really am a nice guy...in person, and usually am not good with putting my thoughts into words. I don't know what I would have said.

Similarly, over on ArmyRanger.com, there was some schmuk from my alma mater, Indiana University, who posted an intro stating something to the effect of, "well my frat is getting shut down. I'm thinking of joining the Army and getting my tab and becoming an officer." No real harm in that but the old-timers on the board don't suffer fools to well. The were, in so many words, trying to pull from him what his true motivation was. At least one that would justify quiting school. One of the things he said later in his defense (towards their attack) was to the effect that, "I've been hazed and know all about sleep deprivation during my pledge period. Ranger School isn't going to show me or put me through anything I haven't already experienced before."

Of course he was a jerk, but it reminds you that our paradigm is so much different than anyone who hasn't experienced it. If I know that someone doesn't know anything about the Army...like all of my DEPs, I really try to go out of my way to explain things to them in terms that they'd understand. Unfortunately, there are just some things that can't be explained and must be lived.

Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
congrats man! she is very precious! and she came out in a real hurry to see u guys lol
Thanks again, everyone.

Dude, my wife is not a big girl, but she never ceases to amaze me at how tough and determined she is. Thanks
Old 05-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
Well Pat. I'd like to say something original here... everyone else said congrats.

Maybe I should say... welcome to the dark side... or something wierd like that.

Babies are a TON of freaking work, but so worth it. I miss my little girl so much. I envy you and your opportunity to spend time with your new daughter.

I walked into my friends house and they had company. As soon as I entered I saw a five month old baby sitting in a little baby swing. I made a straight line for the kid and starting talking and playing. Didn't even introduce myself to the people there or say hi to my friends. After about 5 minutes I realized the room was quiet, with the exception of me and the baby of course. I looked up and they were all standing there staring at me playing with this kid. My gf was there too (did I forget to say that?) smiling at me.
It was 'cute' as they said.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Dom, anytime an alpha-male such as yourself shows any sensitivity, it would probably make the Astrodome hush.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
tooo cute pat! congratulations.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Update:

I haven't seen them for a month. I'm headed up to the airport tomorrow to pick them up.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Sweet!