The "Share you Good/Bad memories @ HRP" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
The "Share you Good/Bad memories @ HRP" thread...

Ok guys, After reading the all of Dave's, Francis, Jess, etc. etc. post of HRP. Thought I get this started with the share your GOOD/Bad memories at HRP. I'll start it off.

Most Worst memory was back in '98 when I was trying to check out one of my friends friend who was in Alpha Project(Back in my skinny days ). She knew I liked her and caught me sneezing out Rice and Ramen out of my nose around my friends. Some of her friends told me she saw me and was giggling but after that I was super ashamed the whole night. I wanted to go home but everyone in the Pit didnt want me too. FAIL!!

2nd Worst/Bad memory that stood out in my mind when I first clocked my honda with Eibach sportline drop kit and RS Akimoto intake for the first time. First run was like 17.7 et., then 18.2 et. and then stuck in the 18's the rest of the night!! Lol

Best Memory was getting to meet and make lasting friendships through the years with the different Car clubs and its members in the PIT Area. But I remember seeing a few GC's during the Wednesday(Cheaper Admissions)Friday(Import nights) nights. Oh and when a Stang or Camaro loses to an import especially with NOS!! LMFAO

Also I remember there would be chicks attending every Friday nights @ HRP since Fridays is when the imports race. Also remember sometimes there would be a one or two chicks working at the concession stands!

The Funniest I remember was a BMW Bimmer who was lined up on the Tower lane. He won the race but kept driving towards the end of the strip and the announcer was teasing him to turn instead over the P.A. system.

walt
Old 08-20-2008, 07:43 AM

Back in 99 when i ran a 15.6 in my 97 integta RS and thinking that was fast.

Dunno if this is considered good or bad, but when we used to see tons of Hondas and Acuras at the track and no one thought of them as "Honda Boiz"

BAd would be waiting in the grudge lanes forever before we got to make a pass
Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by Saul_Goode
Back in 99 when i ran a 15.6 in my 97 integta RS and thinking that was fast.

Dunno if this is considered good or bad, but when we used to see tons of Hondas and Acuras at the track and no one thought of them as "Honda Boiz"

BAd would be waiting in the grudge lanes forever before we got to make a pass
Yeah I remember those days, especially running in the brackets. I think that were lanes 1 & 2 right?? 3 & 4 were for fun?? I forget already.. Love smokin the tires with your friends shootin water on the ground!!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 2002 MBP Wagon
I didn't like the mosquitoes when you had to wait in line to race.

I remember at Superlap, I spun out in the sweeper. Amazingly, not a single scratch on the car.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Running high 16's with my automatic '90 Honda Accord. The good ole days
Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
my car's virginity was lost there... I used to enjoy track days, super lap, auto-x, drag racing when my car was automatic 3 times a week during the summar and 2 times a week every other time. the mosquitos' where huge and would sneak attack you by flying into the car when your windows or doors were open then when you finally close the windows or doors and are staging here they come...

I've met so many friends at the track and wish that it were still here.

Jon
Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 AM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Hmmm...

Lotsa good memorys from hrp, but lotsa bad ones too...

There was the time me and fran were racing at farids track day and his flywheel sheared off the crank from a misshift ( which spelled doom for everyone, as this led to frans dreaded sti swaps )

I twice spun straight off the chicane and stopped a few feet away from the light post and tire barrier, breathed a sigh of relief, then got caught by the dust cloud of doom through my open windows.

Me and fran getting pwned top end speed by a dodge intrepid on the long straight.... ( stupid subaru aerodynamics by maytag )

That track day when the civic up and flipped right in front of me and sean at the chicane.

Goto, igarashi, yeeman, sato x2, etc. hitting walls during auto-x

Dean jumping up and down at turn 1, short course after hitting the tire barrier, ( On a HOT course )

And the list goes on.....
Old 08-20-2008, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
lets see ...... running 16s in my corrado.. running 15.7 in my rs...
having to rebuild alot of honda race engines our crew running the 1st 9sec run in a honda...
spining out in the chicane at about 90 and almost hit the same pole as shin.

and being stuck behind that stupid intrepid we would be all on his a$$ on the back of the corse then didnt have the power to pass on the straight
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 AM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
i worked in the browns pit stop cafe my last 2 & a half years of high school till the track closed my senior year. met ALOT of people & is pretty much the sole reason why i am into cars.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
best two memories for me........ 1992... 10.94 @ 123 mph in my 89 honda civic hatch w/ all my interior in tact!! 1994.... 11.42 @ 127 mph in my 1990 eagle talon tsi ho man the quarter mile was soooo fun!! oh and one more...... watching that turbo vw rail do low 8s damn that thing was fast and sounded like a jet airplane.... that was right before it closed down!! oh and one more good memory..... playing a show with the long beach dub all stars during the demolition derby in 98 now that was fun!!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
-pissing off the tower/staff when you were in the far lane and you cut over to left lane after your run right b4 the u turn to get your time slip.

-getting that sticker that said you were in the 90mph+ in the 1/4 club

-chicken long rice at the snack bar

-popping the hood on the car after a run and using the excuse of I am letting it cool off. when in reality you were parking lot pimpin to a bunch of guys.

-watching the islands only 12 sec automatic WRX spank the crap out of most of the 5spds.......Jon that thing was nuts
Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Wow. Great thread for reminiscing of HRP. Like many of you, I have many experiences made with great friends at HRP. I must first say they had the best roast pork plate I HAVE EVER EATEN! I learned to drive stick in my wrx, and it was bought for HRP, period. That was a sad day when they closed down. No roast pork for me, no summer wednesday nite drags, no more subaru track days, no superlap, no auto-x, no 0 and 1 lane express drags passes. Quickly, i remember the dude that broke someone elses tranny in a new wrx, the ghey marine mustang crew from KBAY that got owned by a certain "wagon". The time i ran Sue's corolla, then drove home with the number on the side, getting honks and waves on the freeways.
Subaru vs Evo grudge matches, large rails kicking up rocks, then driving over bolts popping my tires.
Autocrossing at the track, almost spinning out and going into the bushes, or the concrete barriers. Good times hanging out with THE greatest group of people on earth. You guys all know who you are ( ghey mode off now )
Old 08-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
Drag racing:
Bug ins. FTW!!
J.Davidson's Homebrewed 11sec. sentra
12/11/10/9 sec hondas.
My 91 sentra 16.1
3 times a week drag racing my RS during summer. Best E.T. 15.4
My burnt clutch!!
Damn WRX's running 12's
G35 demo 14.3 all stock
STi demo 13.8 all stock! No helmet,get out of line! Coulda did low 13's for sure.
No more drag racing for me!
Road Racing/Autox/Drifting:
Speedgear track days!!
100 mph down the front straight in my RS. BOO!! owned by that damn Intrepid!
Damn WRX's running 110 down the straight!
Damn STi's running 120 down the straight!!
Super Lap FTW!!!
43 sec lap time N/A RS.
42 sec lap time G35 coupe!!
AHHH!! Guard Rail $ 7000.00 dollars later ..............
No more road racing for me.
Japanese Drifters!! FTMFW!!!! Kazama loses bumper in the off camber,
gets mad and drifts the entire short course!!!!
Autox the Legacy to 10th overall on street tires!!
No More Track for me!! or anybody else.
Great memories good & bad!! R.I.P. HRP!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Oh speaking of brackets, watching shaggy qualify and beat guys in his old impreza L (the purple one). They guy in the tower used to give you soo much crap it was soo funny ( don't feel bad, i sucked at brackets, never won once).
Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM
banned

Car Info: .
I remember the raves and tweaking out in the corner by the back, thinking I was going to die.. ahh the good ole days

Also, having my radiator explode mid track and having both lanes closed down and getting awesome friendly stares by everyone who was waiting in the lanes..

Quick Reply: The "Share you Good/Bad memories @ HRP" thread...