SCCA / Solo II Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
Question SCCA / Solo II Questions...

What's the difference in these 2? I went to the autox last weekend & it looked like a blast. Looking on HRP's website, I see dates for both scca and solo II, but I'm not sure what each even entails. TIA to all with any info!!
Old 12-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I think they are talking about a difference between Solo I (wheel to wheel) and Solo II (autocross).
Old 12-26-2003, 10:47 AM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
I think you're asking the difference between Solo I and Solo II. SCCA is the sanctioning body.

Solo I runs the long course for a lap time. I thinks it's best out of 4 laps. They also run Formula Fords and wheel to wheel at these events.

Solo II is autoX. A coned of course that's never the same. You get 4 runs for you best time.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
Ok...Solo II is what I saw last weekend then, with only around half the track being used, cones, etc... awesome.

Only question left....can we participate in the Solo I competition in our street cars? Not wheel-to-wheel, obviously, but I like the idea of being able to drive that whole road course!!!

Oh...this is where I confused SCCA & solo II schedules: http://www.hawaiiracewaypark.com/road.html

In the case of that link, is the SCCA schedule actually the Solo I sched?? Sorry...I'm still kinda confused

Last edited by funkdrmr; 12-26-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I don't know a thing about Solo1, but I will tell you that Farid from Speedgear and Schuman Subaru sponsor ~monthly 'track days'. This is an opportunity for you/us to get some instructions on how to approach turns, what is the best line, and throttle control. Also, you get 1st hand experience as to how the AWD handles, how your brakes hold up to 15-20 min of hard use, how your tires hold up...

Also, I believe Jeffildy has taken a half-day course at HRP's school. $150 and he was the only car there. One on one instruction and quite a bit of seat time. Can't beat that.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
to participate in solo I, the majopr things you need are: solo I license (not hard to get), and a roll bar in your car...i forget if a nomex suit is required...

wheel to wheel (run on the same day as solo I) is more safety and equipment intense...you need a roll cage, fire supression system (fire extinguisher in your car will do), nomex gear, a master electrical kill switch, window netting, and a wheel-to-wheel license...

solo I and wheel to wheel are both SCCA sanctioned events...

but there are also farid's (sppedgear's) track days, in which you can run your car, just as it is on the street.