Review: Just had my Exedy Stg1 Clutch and ACT Streetlite flywheel installed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
STI drivetrain is pretty stout...

^^^Ryan mentioned how the clutch was the safety factor for the drive train...as a fuse is for electrical systems...prior to something breaking, the clutch should give. As you mentioned, some of the more grabby race clutches don't have the "give"...breaking the drivetrain of the WRX...

New update: So I've been pretty much putt putting around to and from work everyday, haven't got on it much...haven't really felt the difference.

This morning, I decided to romp it a little 1st-3rd gears...oh, there is a big difference in the way the car feels...revs much faster, so much so that the tone of my engine seems to have changed during acceleration...less of a rumble...I find my self shifting much earlier...I did not experience the lack of torque that some mentioned they had when they put on the lightened flywheel...still pulled hard...

The clutch is continueing to smooth out...the shudder is almost gone now...my review will end soon...as I have nothing but good to say about this combo.

Does anyone know the longevity of the Exedy Stg1 Organic Clutch on STI's??? I am wondering how long it will last...
Old 04-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Thumbs up Bump up!

Brent,

Yes, thanks to Ryan, who finished my install yesterday, smae clutch as you, but with the exedy flywheel. Feels good, and i hope to slowly brake it in this weekend. Yeah i stall the car since the throttle response is soo much more.....finicky. But i love it soo far, can't wait till i hit 125-150 mi. during my brake-in period.

Last edited by 808subaru; 04-21-2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added some big-ups...
Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
don't know when, but im also planning for some RA gears...probably talk to Ryan....
Old 04-21-2007, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Alright!

Hey Chris!

My break-in went great...but as Ryan's philosophy of breaking in something goes...i also believe in not babying it...I drive it like normal...not crazy.

During my first week, I experienced some shudder...but it all smoothed out...glad you picked up that Exedy...Ryan showed it to me...looked nice.

I hardly stall my car anymore...only the occasional brain fart stall that I would do with a normal clutch/flywheel...

I really like how light my car feels now...the throttle response is quick and clean...revs much faster...cool eh?

Alright, I'll be giving you a call within a few weeks...got something brewing again...

Brent

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Brent,

Yes, thanks to Ryan, who finished my install yesterday, smae clutch as you, but with the exedy flywheel. Feels good, and i hope to slowly brake it in this weekend. Yeah i stall the car since the throttle response is soo much more.....finicky. But i love it soo far, can't wait till i hit 125-150 mi. during my brake-in period.