recon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
recon?

hi every1...im new to the subaru scene n this is my first post. hope im posting in the right place...if im not im sorry. jus bought a new 05 wrx a couple days ago n im lovin every second of it... so stoked ive wanted this car for so long finally i could pull it off had to trade in my gti it was fully tricked out but i jus felt like i jus did all i could with it i jus needed more power i aint gon lie though i will miss it but i feel like i took a big step up so its all good...neways i have some questions on recon and stuff if there is anyone that can help or some knowledge to share. i want to try to keep my car legit this time if possible. i want to do some basic mods for now (intake, exaust, up/dp, drop springs, etc) but im not that familiar with the whole recon bs. as far as exaust i was looking at the hks hi-power cat back does anyone know if it will pass recon? as far as springs i was lookin at some teins but if anyone knows of any springs/coilovers that have more of a drop that will pass reconyour input would be appreciated dont want full suspension jus yet. as far as intake prolly blitz but i know for intakes they have to be bolted down so im not sure...if anyone knows about the whole intake deal and what would pass? any input, ideas, advice, etc. would be much appreciated. also i was wondering if u guys have meets/cruises? and also if anyone knows of a good place to powdercoat rims? thanks

Last edited by dilatedprofet; 09-13-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 04sti
welcome to i-club and congrats on your new ride(what color?) with the hks catback you should be safe. For the springs i dont know anything lower than teins. As for the intake/bov just do a search theres alot of discussions about them (so you can decide on your own), but just stick to with the stock air box for now they work just as well or even better (also you can do a fun mod called the silencer delete mod http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113)

oh and i-club usually meets thru. at starbucks in different locations just check the posts you'll see it
Old 09-12-2005, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Welcome to i-club. Congrats on your new car. Have you visited the n00b thread towards the top of this forum? Using the search feature on this site will help you obtain the answers you are looking for.

IMO, I think the WRX is plenty quick straight from the factory (except for those awesome RE92s). If I were you, I'd take it to the AutoX this Sunday to find out exactly what it (and you) can do. If you can somehow master the car in those 4 or so runs, then I guess mods are in order.

I cordially invite you to our next meet in Ewa Beach at Starbucks this coming Thursday. Get to know us, as we are a rather cool group of people. I am Josh, the driver of the black Forester.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:22 PM

thanks for the replies...my car is psm...i heard u need to get an intake before u do the silencer or do u not need 2...the meet sounds good, what time? and when and where is the autox?

Last edited by dilatedprofet; 09-12-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:19 AM

Talking

thanks for the info about the silencer...checked it out/took it out...now the car sounds way better, thanks.

Last edited by dilatedprofet; 09-13-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:21 AM

I'd recommend getting a good panel filter vs. an intake.

As for Auto X, it's going to be this Sunday @ HRP. Bring closed-toe shoes, ~$30 ($28 to run, $1 to rent numbers, and $1/fun run). If you don't have a SCCA-legal helmet, just borrow one of theirs. They'll require a license or some kind of ID card for the time you borrow the helmet.

check out sccahawaii.org for more info. It's a great opportunity to learn about your car and your driving skills. You'll quickly learn that mods aren't everything.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:22 AM

Wait, they had WRXs in PSM in '05? You sure it's not CGM?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:59 AM

yea, it is a '05 wrx platinum silver metallic...got the very last one at 5 star subaru...other dealerships were all out and said there not getting anymore '05s
Old 09-13-2005, 03:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
welcome...the search button and this site are a wonderful thing
Old 09-13-2005, 07:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
welcome and enjoy, pls read the NOOB section for your own benefit, it would surely help you out alot and before asking any questions, pls use the SEARCH category because many of the new guys question has been answered before....
if you don't find then ask...

again welcome and enjoy...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:24 AM

thanks for the help...checked it out and my questions are answered...n thanks for all the welcome
Old 09-13-2005, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
i know it feels good to have a wrx now but please dont be racing on the freeway or anywhere....

other then that, wassup!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:18 PM

wassup...nah, no ways..even with my previous cars i keep it all on the track...i dont agree wit street racing at all...i feel like i invest too much time and money in my rides to risk it like that...not to mention its dangerous...its jus not worth it...i jus go tracks like atleast once a month...

oh and can anyone help...i read/searched on the whole recon situation but im not clear on the foglight thing...do stock '05 wrx foglights not pass recon? and if u take the amber out of your headlights do you fail? thanks

Last edited by dilatedprofet; 09-13-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Yo,

Here it is...when you take your car to recon even stock lights may not pass as your car is now considered a recon car not a stock car (even though they're stock). Easiest thing is to make sure that they're 12 inches from the ground or take them out for the inspection.

For the headlights I would suggest doing recon before you do the headlight mod or putting in amber bulbsfor the inspection.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 06 sti
are you saying you got the last 05 period or the last psm?

also how much did you pay? i'm looking to get a 05.

Last edited by skewbnewb; 09-13-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: recon?