Reasonable tire places around town?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Reasonable tire places around town?

Aloha Guys,

I'm lookin' for a little buying assistance.

A friend bought 17x9 R/T rims for his Dakota and is looking for reasonable, but not bargain basement/crap tires.

Where would you guys recommend on Oahu that he go?

Mahalo,
Richard
Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Pr0n King

P.S. They are a pretty good sized sport(y) tire @ 255/55/17's so I'm not sure if he'd be able to waltz in to CostCo or Sears...
Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 PM

Car Info: STI
I havent done it yet but costco can bring in non-stock tires at some pretty good prices if you can wait. Another option might be to get pricing from costco and then go to sears....a while back sears at windward mall said they would actually match costco pricing (i was surprised since membership stores are usually excluded) and its likely they could obtain the tires quicker.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Pr0n King

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Go see the Firestone shop in Waipahu...the skinny guy that works the desk usually helps you out.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:03 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
I get 'em from Tire Rack, get 'em mounted at Lex Brodie's in Waipahu. I've brought them about 8 million sets of tires for the Legacy in the past couple years so they love me. Every once in a while I ask a place to give me a price, just to see how they compare to Tire Rack, and it's never even close. I just bought some all-seasons to put on the Volk racing wheels for my upcoming cross-country trip - even with 2-day Fedex shipping, it was $22 per tire cheaper through Tire Rack. And that's on a tire that TR advertises for $69 each, so almost 33% savings.

On the mainland I used to do the same thing but get them mounted at Sears. The only reason I use Lex Brodie's here is because it's closer/more convenient than Sears in Aiea.

Pat
Old 11-03-2005, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 87 Honda Accord LX
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen
I get 'em from Tire Rack, get 'em mounted at Lex Brodie's in Waipahu. I've brought them about 8 million sets of tires for the Legacy in the past couple years so they love me. Every once in a while I ask a place to give me a price, just to see how they compare to Tire Rack, and it's never even close. I just bought some all-seasons to put on the Volk racing wheels for my upcoming cross-country trip - even with 2-day Fedex shipping, it was $22 per tire cheaper through Tire Rack. And that's on a tire that TR advertises for $69 each, so almost 33% savings.

On the mainland I used to do the same thing but get them mounted at Sears. The only reason I use Lex Brodie's here is because it's closer/more convenient than Sears in Aiea.

Pat
Tire Rack every time for me. I have bought about 8 sets of tires over the years, never a problem and they are cheaper than pretty much everybody even when you factor in cost of shipping and mount+balance.