Rat??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by Shin RS
Ya sellout rat bastid.
Miata driving queer! I have a new scarf for you that would match your new blue Miata perfectly...just don't wear it while driving with the top down or you may almost strangle yourself again!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:32 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
Miata driving queer! I have a new scarf for you that would match your new blue Miata perfectly...just don't wear it while driving with the top down or you may almost strangle yourself again!
Nah, just wear it with the white one so it's in official smurf colors.

Then strangle you with it....

Hey, I just remembered didn't a silver pathfinder with leather race in the last auto-x? Void warranty!!!! Oh wait... it didn't race...

Personally I don't like the idea of sending a rat down to tracks to spy on enthusiasts, but at the same time I don't like the idea of people who break when racing trying to cheat and fix stuff under warranty.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:52 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
racing is not a cheap sport. the saying goes "it turns millionaires into thousandaires". that sums it up. if i choose to race my car then i will, b/c i know the consequences of said actions. i cancelled my warrenty 5-6 months after i boought my car. also, F*ck the warrenty, i would'nt let any of these jacktards touch my car, they are stupid idiots that should be ashamed to call themselves service department.
also, i deal with car dealerships all the time, and they are scumbags, i don't work with car salesmen thank gawd....
Old 01-31-2006, 11:44 PM

Car Info: subaru
Miata driving queer!
Wait a minute, I thought you were going to race my MIATA this weekend... (I know I'm a new guy, but I couldn't resist )
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
I cover up all my markings....GO INTO BLACKOUT MODE
Old 02-01-2006, 01:25 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Sorry,

Originally Posted by 808subaru
also, F*ck the warrenty, i would'nt let any of these jacktards touch my car, they are stupid idiots that should be ashamed to call themselves service department.
You might be talking about some Subaru factory mechanics you've met, but you're definately not talking about Ed (subsonic). He's probably forgotten more than you
know about Subies, and has done all my warranty (not "warrenty") work. He can work on my car anytime, and I'm a bit picky. He's the only Subaru factory mechanic who has ever touched my car. Ed knows both old school and new school Subies.

If you've had negative experiences with Subaru factory mechanics, by all means, let the people know who not to trust. If Ed starts work at Subaru "X" dealership, I trust him with my car. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm **** about my car. You do the math.

San
Old 02-01-2006, 06:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by oldmansan
You might be talking about some Subaru factory mechanics you've met, but you're definately not talking about Ed (subsonic). He's probably forgotten more than you
know about Subies, and has done all my warranty (not "warrenty") work. He can work on my car anytime, and I'm a bit picky. He's the only Subaru factory mechanic who has ever touched my car. Ed knows both old school and new school Subies.

If you've had negative experiences with Subaru factory mechanics, by all means, let the people know who not to trust. If Ed starts work at Subaru "X" dealership, I trust him with my car. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm **** about my car. You do the math.

San
yup Ed is the man!!! he's really cool and has worked on my car in the pass...trustworthy guy...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Yeah right...like that would have happened! LOL
for real y0 all the crap i did to that car i didnt even get to drive it around the block
Old 02-01-2006, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
i've had warranty work done at BMW before...with the race tires still on...as well as the tech inspection sticker...and my helmet in the passenger seat...along with pictures of my car on the track at auto-x and track days without the license plate blurred out...

no denials there...

but then again they didnt have a scarf wearing miata driver as a service advisor, nor did they have a sellout rat patrolling the track...
Old 02-01-2006, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by oldmansan

San
i won't argue about a guy i've never met. actually the only suby guy that i would allow to touch my car would be keith at the old kaneohe subaru. i've never met Ed, so i won't comment on his abilities. I regard your opinions highly San, and if you speak of him in such a way, then i would not hesistate to use him in the future if the need arose. I've seen many HORRIBLE things done by those at 5 SCAR, and i was generally commenting on those people in their dept.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
It's

all good. Ed (subsonic) is the man. Back in the day some wouldn't let anyone but Ed work on their car. He and Chris (chibby goku) have been in Iraq for a year. They'll be home any day now. It's not because Ed is my friend that I sing his praises, it's because he's my friend that knows what he's doing. He really is a great mechanic.

San