Rat??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by cmm929
So I was at Subaru Waipahu the other day visiting an old friend. He works over there(not gonna say who, or what department). He was telling me that Subaru Hawaii now has a rat who is going out to track days and street car nights at the Track. He is logging dates, times, VIN's and license plate numbers. The reason he is doing this is so that when one of our cars breaks and we try to get warranty work, they can throw this in your face. I am not entirely sure. but this sounds like some sort of entrapment and is illegal. They cant deny warranty work unless they can prove beyond a resonable doubt that the track is the reason your car broke. This is the senerio they are hoping for.

ME - "Hey my ______ (insert part here) Broke and I want you guys to fix it."

Subaru - "When did it break?"

ME - "Umm Friday sometime."

Subaru -"Sorry, we have you on record as being at the drag strip on Friday from 6-9 P.M. We are not responsible for your repairs."

ME - "Damn, That Sucks. Heres my wallet, fix my car."

Now, what should happen is this.....

ME - "Hey my ______ (insert part here) Broke and I want you guys to fix it."

Subaru - "When did it break?"

ME - "Umm Friday sometime."

Subaru -"Sorry, we have you on record as being at the drag strip on Friday from 6-9 P.M. We are not responsible for your repairs."

ME - "I was at the track. So were 150 other people. I was watching them race. Do you have proof that I was actually racing? (Video showing my car running down the track or something similar)

Subaru - "Umm No We dont need it.

ME- "Bull**** fix my car or you can prove it in court"

Sorry the post is so long, just thought all of us with our warranties intact should be ready for some crap at Subaru.

Easy Fix: Report them to B.B.B. ( Better Business Bureau)... thats bullcrap....if its still under warranty, they better come with a better answer / solution than that... Like you mentioned without video tape of you, the car and license plates etc....theres no proof.... If Im not mistaken thats against the law (Entrapment)...

Last edited by thunder_sti; 01-30-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:12 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
I race my car and only have about 10k on it. If there is a warranty issue, then I'll deal with that if it happens. Concsequences of my own actions.

And that is not entrapment. Entrapment only pertains to law enforcement. They (law enforcement) have to cause you to incriminate yourself with something you would "ordinarily" not do. i.e. a cop (usually undercover) walks up to you and says "hey can you buy me some weed? I'll give you 4 times the street price if you get some for me." The courts look at this as they put the idea in your head and by giving you monetary motivation to commit the crime.

As for the dealership the only thing they are guilty of is bad business practice. Basically in the eyes of the law they are protecting there interests. There is no crime, the only avenue is civil which is not "proof beyond a resonable doubt" it is based on the "preponderance of evidence" which is 51% to 49% (majority rules) Just remeber that Subaru has lawyers who sole job is to fight this battle.

Some people cover their liscense plates when they race. If this guy does come around take off your plates and cover your VIN. Just my advice.

Not trying to correct people in here just tryin to help y'all out.

Dan
Old 01-30-2006, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by Hoppie
I race my car and only have about 10k on it. If there is a warranty issue, then I'll deal with that if it happens. Concsequences of my own actions.

And that is not entrapment. Entrapment only pertains to law enforcement. They (law enforcement) have to cause you to incriminate yourself with something you would "ordinarily" not do. i.e. a cop (usually undercover) walks up to you and says "hey can you buy me some weed? I'll give you 4 times the street price if you get some for me." The courts look at this as they put the idea in your head and by giving you monetary motivation to commit the crime.

As for the dealership the only thing they are guilty of is bad business practice. Basically in the eyes of the law they are protecting there interests. There is no crime, the only avenue is civil which is not "proof beyond a resonable doubt" it is based on the "preponderance of evidence" which is 51% to 49% (majority rules) Just remeber that Subaru has lawyers who sole job is to fight this battle.

Some people cover their liscense plates when they race. If this guy does come around take off your plates and cover your VIN. Just my advice.

Dan
word!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
This is a dealership issue. Schuman never did anything about this, and they in fact SPONSORED track days. Why the hell would a manufacter (like Subaru) give a free membership to SCCA if they weren't confident in their cars?

Schuman did have issues with warranty claims if the cars were being abused at the dragstrip, and there were warranty denials in the past. Pfleuger is basically doing the same thing, but they are just taking it to the same level as Mitsubishi of Hawaii. They are concerned about massive warranty claims for morons abusing the car and they have to pay for it. Simple as that, although I personally think it is an example of going wayyyyy too far.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by Hoppie

Dan

Exactly if you play you pay..................
Old 01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Staff Member

Since I don't have a Subaru anymore, the rat is meeeeeeeeeeeee! Buwahahahahahahaha!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:31 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
I knew you were a sellout
I say if you got the dollars yo mod your car make sure you got the money yo fix it
Old 01-31-2006, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 08 STi
wow, does that mean subaru can can deny warranty for anyone whenever they feel like it? If that "we saw you at the tracks" alone constitutes a proof beyond a reasonable doubt, then things are messed up. So I can basically forget about getting any warranty for an impreza? I don't wanna have to go to court to get my car fixed everytime. BTW, I don't intend to track the car.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
basically if ur not gonna track it u should be fine. if u mod it and they see it then it depends on there mood. mods like susp. powertrain elect. ect
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
The more mods, the less chance (usually) of getting warranty repairs done, It's not so much the dealership and personel as it usually is the factory warranty administration which denies claims. If they could warranty anything without fear of being audited or being denied payment on a claim, dealerships would warranty everything, ( it still pays money, not as much as customer pay, but it's still a paying job ).

Basically the factory views it as why should they sponsor our racing careers...

Oh, btw,
joe you're a sellout rat now?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Originally Posted by Shin RS
The more mods, the less chance (usually) of getting warranty repairs done, It's not so much the dealership and personel as it usually is the factory warranty administration which denies claims. If they could warranty anything without fear of being audited or being denied payment on a claim, dealerships would warranty everything, ( it still pays money, not as much as customer pay, but it's still a paying job ).

Basically the factory views it as why should they sponsor our racing careers...

Oh, btw,
joe you're a sellout rat now?
wow you talk like you know what you are talking about... almost like you've denied people warranty before
Old 01-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
wow you talk like you know what you are talking about... almost like you've denied people warranty before
You think he has?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:46 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Talking

no comment.... :P

Ya sellout rat bastid.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
but what if i was using ditch's ex-silver 2004 sti when i autox'ed. yes, i signed up and raced that day at autoX in a silver 2004 sti, but tell me i was doing it in my own car.

just because they signup to race that day and race a car that "seems like" and should be their car doesn't mean they raced their car. that is propably the reason why they are trying to get vins and lic plates of the person using their car in action.

b

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
ok dude i use to sell cars and if they have proof for example: they see u auto xing it in june of 06 and u have to regeister to auto x which will be there proof in court if u did and are trying to say u didn't. and your car broke in 07 the proof is where u signed up and registered saying u were auto x. just like at the tracks u have to sign in when u wanna race. and sliver has probly been on this site alot longer then you and I so i wouldn't pick a fight with him "trust me i know and our internet grudge was for a little while". but the bottom line u track your car u VOID your warranty if caught. thats your risk and also by posting in here about tracking your carf can also be proof of u racing if u wanted to take it to court.

now if they say ur were racing and u weren't and u never signed papers saying that u were racing the 1/4 mile or an autox day then when u take it to court u ask the scca for the records of who was racing and who wasn't and then u will win. but they don't need to see u racing if u siggned that paper that say "u will be racing on this day for autox/1/4mile"
Old 01-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by b_drift
but what if i was using ditch's ex-silver 2004 sti when i autox'ed.
Yeah right...like that would have happened! LOL

Quick Reply: Rat??