Rat??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2003 Jeep Wrangler 8" lift
Rat??

So I was at Subaru Waipahu the other day visiting an old friend. He works over there(not gonna say who, or what department). He was telling me that Subaru Hawaii now has a rat who is going out to track days and street car nights at the Track. He is logging dates, times, VIN's and license plate numbers. The reason he is doing this is so that when one of our cars breaks and we try to get warranty work, they can throw this in your face. I am not entirely sure. but this sounds like some sort of entrapment and is illegal. They cant deny warranty work unless they can prove beyond a resonable doubt that the track is the reason your car broke. This is the senerio they are hoping for.

ME - "Hey my ______ (insert part here) Broke and I want you guys to fix it."

Subaru - "When did it break?"

ME - "Umm Friday sometime."

Subaru -"Sorry, we have you on record as being at the drag strip on Friday from 6-9 P.M. We are not responsible for your repairs."

ME - "Damn, That Sucks. Heres my wallet, fix my car."

Now, what should happen is this.....

ME - "Hey my ______ (insert part here) Broke and I want you guys to fix it."

Subaru - "When did it break?"

ME - "Umm Friday sometime."

Subaru -"Sorry, we have you on record as being at the drag strip on Friday from 6-9 P.M. We are not responsible for your repairs."

ME - "I was at the track. So were 150 other people. I was watching them race. Do you have proof that I was actually racing? (Video showing my car running down the track or something similar)

Subaru - "Umm No We dont need it.

ME- "Bull**** fix my car or you can prove it in court"

Sorry the post is so long, just thought all of us with our warranties intact should be ready for some crap at Subaru.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:27 PM

Car Info: car
dang thats really messed up! ill be keeping rat poison with me when i go to the tracks
Old 01-29-2006, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
damn....
Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
and that is why I have 2 really good lawyers
Old 01-29-2006, 01:01 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
wow thats messed up......
Old 01-29-2006, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Well you don't have to worry anymore because the track is closing...
Old 01-29-2006, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i hate to be the bad guy but in the warranty it says if the car is being raced of anykind that will void ur warranty thats y i always said this track days held by waipahu were setups if u know what i mean.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:29 PM

Track Closing.

Look, I know the track is closing. If you have spent any time on this site you know the track is closing. But take this example...

Feb 2, 2007

Car Breaks

Sorry we are not fixing your car cause you were drag racing on Jan 28, 2006 and you were at auto x on Feb 2, 2006.

Not saying it WILL happen, but it COULD happen.

Just letting everyone know that they CAN fight this. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is hard to get.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:57 PM

ok dude i use to sell cars and if they have proof for example: they see u auto xing it in june of 06 and u have to regeister to auto x which will be there proof in court if u did and are trying to say u didn't. and your car broke in 07 the proof is where u signed up and registered saying u were auto x. just like at the tracks u have to sign in when u wanna race. and sliver has probly been on this site alot longer then you and I so i wouldn't pick a fight with him "trust me i know and our internet grudge was for a little while". but the bottom line u track your car u VOID your warranty if caught. thats your risk and also by posting in here about tracking your carf can also be proof of u racing if u wanted to take it to court.

now if they say ur were racing and u weren't and u never signed papers saying that u were racing the 1/4 mile or an autox day then when u take it to court u ask the scca for the records of who was racing and who wasn't and then u will win. but they don't need to see u racing if u siggned that paper that say "u will be racing on this day for autox/1/4mile"
Old 01-29-2006, 02:24 PM

Arguing

I am not arguing with anyone. I am just saying that there are ways around the whole service department fiasco. Im not stepping on anyones toes, I just think that car dealers are SOMETIMES shady. I have never been to an autocross, but I have been at the track, signed up to race and then changed my mind and watched all night. I never even made a pass cause the lines were rediculous. I dont think that getting the waiver sign in sheet from HRP is proof enough that you raced. I may be wrong, but one of the great things about a forum is that I can get 100 different points of view in a day. If my previous post seemed harsh, Im sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt my intention.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
it's alright, there's alot of friendly i-clubbers here to help me with my car anyway, if anything breaks...that's if i can't do it by myself...and they know i do the same for them...
Old 01-29-2006, 04:59 PM

i understand and u are right about the dealer being shady i agree. i have seen it with my own 2 eyes. they are like cops the judges" warranty ppls" will take there word over your if u get my drift and no toes steped on here
Old 01-29-2006, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I know the track is closing and I am glad you know it's been talked about for probably a year now and I've been around on this site since it started. They can say you were at the track all they want it would be their burden to prove that you taking your car to the track caused what ever problem you were taking it in for. They just can't deny you warrenty work cause you tracked your car. Is it even legal for them to in a sense spy on you? I'm with de pilipino guy just fix it yourself if thats how they wanna be.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
i saw the warranty issue is pointless..i saw opt out of the warranty and just do it yourself..if your planning on keeping your car as long as some of the i-club members on here the you'll save time/money and the hassle by doing it yourself or having an install day.. and with the track closing soon i can already see the effect...last last when heading to town seen a whole bunch of cars racing and while heading home bound h1 west seen at least 5 cars racing..one of them even tried to call me out..good thing i just ate at nimitz zippys after a long party nite at pipeline..ahh those ricers will never learn..speaking of that were are the cops at....maybe with more street racing and accidents' they'll build a new track..shoots
Old 01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
The whole warranty thing is why I only buy cars that are about 3-4 months from going out of warranty.

Within that timeframe I usually don't mod because I am in saving money mode. Any problems I find are then picked up off of warranty and by the time the warranty expires I can then start modding.

That way I don't have to hassle with arguing with warranty f@ggots.

Quick Reply: Rat??