Rant! >.<

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru WRX
Hahah yeah... I should've known I was gonna get picked on. Boooooo. Oh well.. I love my suby either way
Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Damn, you didn't even let 5 minutes in between my post and your reply!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 AM

<------- Addict.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:33 AM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
^ HAHA so TRUE.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
SRSLY!

Choku Dori: 8,809 posts since 11-21-02 = 4.2 posts per day
nokturnal13itch: 401 posts since 6-25-08 = 7.21 posts per day

... Well?!

Name:  blankface.gif
Views: 7
Size:  354 Bytes
Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black STI
dont write a letter, request a court date, and yes its gonna be your word against his, to be honest you are pretty much in a lose lose situation tiff.

but the reason i say request a court date is because theres a chance that you will get a pretty cool judge that will drop the charge (highly doubt it) but a small chance is better than no chance.

even if the judge doesnt drop the charge you have a chance to explain what happened and most of the time the judge will lower the fine.

writing a letter usually never works. Trust me on this, i tried both going to court and writing letters. 2 outta 2 times of writing letters i failed. But actually going to court 2 out of 3 times the judge drop the charges completely and the 1 time it didnt get dropped, the judge lowered the fine greatly.

but honestly its not the $167 fine that is expensive, its your insurance premium thats gonna be dramatically raised because of the moving violation, and lets face it wrx's and sti's are among the most expensive cars to insure. GL though
Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Originally Posted by 2.5 DOHC
Did he show you the radar gun? Also check your ticket to make sure he filled it out correctly. Any discrepancies can be used in court to have the ticket dismissed,otherwise you can go to court, and hope he is too busy to show up. Otherwise,stop speeding on the freeway & do it in the mountains where it belongs!!! J/K.
Although I've never done it, I would also contest it as Francis said. I would think you could cast reasonable doubt in this case b/c you were behind the van. How could he be 100% certain it was your car he clocked? What I've learned from my experiences while serving on a jury... the prosecution has a much harder time of proving anything without concrete evidence & if you can cast a shadow of doubt, you have a chance.

Shoot, even if he did show you the gun, it could have been the reading from the car they had already pulled over... you never know.

Law enforcement officers obviously discriminate against Subies, Evos and Hondas (<-- and for good reason! I kid... sorta). Even the recon inspectors do... you know it's a bad sign when the inspectors first words to you are, "that's the problem with these subarus."

Be careful on h-3 as well... I always see solo bikers setting up at the bottom of h-3 past halawa b/c the speed limit drops all the way down to 35.

Good luck...
Old 08-20-2008, 02:35 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Like what the other said, letter don't do ****. If you must, request a court date. Good luck...
Old 08-20-2008, 03:00 AM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
I have an upcomming court date this Thursday for a speeding ticket I recieved last month. I requested to work the night shift at my job instead of a day shift to attend. I've tryed writing letters before reguarding another matter, but letters almost never work. I always request a court date. Since It's a moving violation, I REALLY want to fight it because it raises your insurence rates.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 AM

Car Info: 07STI
Originally Posted by STIeffekz
dont write a letter, request a court date, and yes its gonna be your word against his, to be honest you are pretty much in a lose lose situation tiff.

but the reason i say request a court date is because theres a chance that you will get a pretty cool judge that will drop the charge (highly doubt it) but a small chance is better than no chance.

even if the judge doesnt drop the charge you have a chance to explain what happened and most of the time the judge will lower the fine.

writing a letter usually never works. Trust me on this, i tried both going to court and writing letters. 2 outta 2 times of writing letters i failed. But actually going to court 2 out of 3 times the judge drop the charges completely and the 1 time it didnt get dropped, the judge lowered the fine greatly.

but honestly its not the $167 fine that is expensive, its your insurance premium thats gonna be dramatically raised because of the moving violation, and lets face it wrx's and sti's are among the most expensive cars to insure. GL though
I agree…that is the best route to take...I have been issued 3 tickets before....sent 3 letters all ended in failure. These are the only tickets I have on my record and all were accumulated in the Honolulu area….sucks…but at least my insurance loves me lol
Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaah this totally sucks. I HATE going to court. Judges are such *****s! Blah. And with MY luck I always get the bad ones. ALWAYS. And all the people in the courtroom are gonna be watching me! I hate it. Boooo.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:44 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by nokturnal13itch
Aaaaaaaaaaaah this totally sucks. I HATE going to court. Judges are such *****s! Blah. And with MY luck I always get the bad ones. ALWAYS. And all the people in the courtroom are gonna be watching me! I hate it. Boooo.
I hear ya, the reason I went with writing was that some if not most judges might have biases though they might not admit. I didn't want to play to any prejudices (gender, race, age, or just plain look) the judge might have and a letter was the way I thought would be best.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:42 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Its too much work to pull over the guy in front of you, so he just pulled you over.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 AM

Seriously if he had tried to flag the van down the way he did me... he wouldn't gotten hit for sure.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Damn, you didn't even let 5 minutes in between my post and your reply!
Dude! She watches these forums like a hawk! j/k Tiff

You should contest it like Fran said. Every ticket I've ever gotten, I pleaded 'Not Guilty' to. I had the charges dropped a few times and the rest of the time I went with the plea bargain and paid a lesser fine. One thing that sucks about it is that you have to take time off from work to go to court. I hope it works out for you though.

Quick Reply: Rant! >.<