Rallycross - Saturday February 16

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 08 sti
Reminder for tomorrow!

Remember to wear closed toe & heel shoes and bring a helmet.

Gates open 7AM-ish
Setup track 7:30-8:30AM-ish
Tech Inspection 8:00-9AM-ish
Drivers Meeting 9AM-ish
Cars on Course 9:30AM

Please come early to help with track set-up so we can get started on time.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Car Info: Mazda Miata 1991, STi 2005, 03WRX/98GC, 2.5RS 2000
Thanks Caroline!

Also, for those Suby folks not already part of the RallyCross email blast:

Hi SCCA RallyCrossers,

I'm happy to announce we are running the next three RallyCrosses whether we meet the minimum sign up amount or not. SCCA Hawaii Rally wants to provide a reliable/consistent event schedule and so we won't be cancelling any further events.

We are also happy to announce we have confirmation that our Arctic Alaska friends will be joining us at the Sweet RallyCross 2-16-13. We hope to organize a joint Alaska-Hawaii series for RallyCrosses and Road Rallies. We will attempt to organize a system where we host and provide co-drives for Arctic Alaska folks and they do the same for us. Entry fees and airfare will be the only expenses, with credit card air miles this can really be an affordable way to race away from home. We would keep separate points for these events and award the joint participants at the end of the series. I was very impressed with how the Arctic Alaska folks ran their program and learned a lot by attending another Regions events. Our use of Motorsportreg.com is an example of what we can learn from other Regions.

If you are remotely interested in participating in this series it would be great for you to enter this event or at the very least stop by and meet the Alaska Region folks.

If you haven't signed up yet, no worries, we'll get you entered the morning of the event, we can also provide co-drives if you need them.

Rally-On!, Avery
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Car Info: Mazda Miata 1991, STi 2005, 03WRX/98GC, 2.5RS 2000
Wow, what a fun weekend of RallyCross! Learned a lot more from our Arctic Alaska SCCA folks. Not only about how to run better, safer RallyCross events, but also about the need to support the local venues, i.e. local Dirt Track, RallyCross, Autocross, etc. They told me stories of how they have secured new racing locations, but also how they have lost more sites than they have secured. All I can say is, if you're a motorsports fan, come out and support all the local events, tracks, and racing activities or don't complain later if there are fewer and fewer or no local racing activities in your future.