question about vacuum signal

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:47 AM

Question question about vacuum signal

hey everyone

you guys happen to know if using a thinner vacuum line to a rising rate fuel pressure regulator would affect the signal...last night my car was idleing terribly...at idle my boost gauge read 17 vacuum and my RPMs were fluxuating...i also noticed that when i turned my rear defogger on the idle would become worse...could it be the thinner lines or maybe a electrical issue with the grounding? i replaced the factory rubber vacuum lines with silicone lines but the inner tube was noticably thinner....thanks

Hugh
Old 01-19-2005, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
sounds like there is a vacuum leak some where. double check your connections.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:57 AM

Car Info: cars
Originally Posted by porkchop
sounds like there is a vacuum leak some where. double check your connections.
i was just about to say the same thing.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:02 PM

hmmmm...there were three lines that i replaced and checked last night...they were the silicone hose going from the intake manifold to a T that leads to the boost gauge and the RRFPR...all where super tight and secure...could the BOV be leaking vacuum if i turned it too loose? i have a HKS by the way...thanks

Hugh
Old 01-19-2005, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
the bov could be leaking but usually those tend to leak under boost. Perhaps check for cracks/rips in the silicone lines. If that still doesn't work, try reverting back to how the car was when it was idling normal. Maybe you can isolate the problem then.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by porkchop
the bov could be leaking but usually those tend to leak under boost. Perhaps check for cracks/rips in the silicone lines. If that still doesn't work, try reverting back to how the car was when it was idling normal. Maybe you can isolate the problem then.
thanks

baahh all my stock hoses were cracking...that's why went with the silicone hoses....i tried connecting a single silicone hose from my intake manifold directly to the RRFPR and still nothing...thought that way would make a stronger vacuum signal...and when i turn on my rear window defogger my car completely bogs out and stalls....i'm trying to think if it maybe a electrical problem because after i got my car back from midas touch...i've noticed that my voltage was very unstable...but i checked all my grounding cables and they were tight....could it be my battery? i've been using the same one for over 4 years....