Pulled over right after Gym...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by mo & jo
my bf he got caught speeding on the freeway by the airport he was goin 92 in a 50 zone i think something like dat and thats his first offense...he pled guilty cuz he got caught with that laser gun or whatever u call it...they gave him community service, driver ed, pay almost 700.00 and suspended license 4 a month so the court can STICK IT UP THERE @$$ 4 all i care lol...well anyways GOOD LUCK!!!
I don't see how he was screwed over for what he got caught doing. All that punishment is his fault not the court's.

Hey guys also, if you lose your case I believe you have to pay court costs too. At least that's what I saw other people getting hit with last time I went in to court (I won so I didn't pay anything).
Old 09-02-2008, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
its been said b4 and I will say it again..........you gotta pay to play.......if you can't afford a ticket don't speed 10 or 2 miles over the limit. now i am no hypocrite i have had my share of tickets but you don't see me here trying to figure ways to get out of it. own up, pay it, and move on. just feel lucky Hawaii hasn't tacked on a fuel surcharge like some places in the mainland, for having to use extra gas to chase you.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
I am not trying to be an *** but you can just not speed. That way you do not have to whine about getting a ticket.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:17 PM

Car Info: VW R32 02 WRX
^ I dont think you are being an ***.
I think there was a thread exactly like this a week or so ago....
If you speed and get a ticket and for some reason think it is not fair and want to fight it at least show your face at court.

Even if you write in and lose you still get charged the court fee since you took up a judges time
Old 09-02-2008, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 05 rs 2.5 and 03 wrx bug eye
ummm yes i know its his fault and not the court...but theres so much **** they slap on you but yes again thats the consequences and gotta deal with it...i respect all of your comments by da way and i know where u all coming from...but before you could just pay right u didn't have to go to court and stuff...cuz i got pulled over twice in da same week 4 speeding 2 and never had to go court and pay dat much
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by UnpimpeD
^ I dont think you are being an ***.
I think there was a thread exactly like this a week or so ago....
If you speed and get a ticket and for some reason think it is not fair and want to fight it at least show your face at court.

Even if you write in and lose you still get charged the court fee since you took up a judges time
Yeah, that was my thread. But what you failed to realize is that I wasn't ranting about the fact that I got pulled over for speeding. Because I was speeding. I was ranting about the fact that I got pulled over instead of a van that was going faster than me.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:00 PM

speeding is speeding.
It is up to the cop as to who to pull over if more than one person is speeding. I was not there but a cop will usually pull over who ever is easiest and in the safest position to get to if there is more then one speeder.

"fair" or not that is how it is. If the van got pulled over the driver would probably think "why didn't the speeding sports car get pulled over".

So don't speed and whine about it.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by mo & jo
ummm yes i know its his fault and not the court...but theres so much **** they slap on you but yes again thats the consequences and gotta deal with it...i respect all of your comments by da way and i know where u all coming from...but before you could just pay right u didn't have to go to court and stuff...cuz i got pulled over twice in da same week 4 speeding 2 and never had to go court and pay dat much
Maybe they have to go to court if it is heinously over the speed limit like 100 in a 50 or something like that.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:24 PM

lol, uh, I think the point people is Do not excessively speed (10+) and get upset when you get caught.
We all know that we speed sometimes, and that is is unsafe to speed and if we get caught than it is fair since we are often times putting other people in danger.

so even if you were tired, or the other guy was going faster, grow up.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by UnpimpeD
speeding is speeding.
It is up to the cop as to who to pull over if more than one person is speeding. I was not there but a cop will usually pull over who ever is easiest and in the safest position to get to if there is more then one speeder.

"fair" or not that is how it is. If the van got pulled over the driver would probably think "why didn't the speeding sports car get pulled over".

So don't speed and whine about it.
And as the saying goes.

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Anyway.

Sorry to hear about your ticket man.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Um I was just trying to explain to you why it was "fair".

But as the saying goes "ignorance is bliss"

lol, and yes, good luck fighting the tickets
Old 09-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 05 rs 2.5 and 03 wrx bug eye
END OF THREAD..."some speed and some don't" and i agree with nokturnal "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." well n-e ways da hell with dis already ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:56 PM

yeah Rahul stop being so mean by trying to explain to them why it was fair that they got tickets for speeding... and giving them advice from an actual lawyer as to how to fight it.

lol, really good luck fighting the ticket.
make sure you go to court so they actually see you and so that you can actually explain your side of the story.

And stop speeding so a few of us can stop being so mean! haha

Last edited by Cynt; 09-02-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:09 PM

I'm sorry?

oh and F the police, they suck.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Car Info: Storme..
im assuming it was just a rant.. so lets all just ease up a little bit.

Quick Reply: Pulled over right after Gym...