Pulled over right after Gym...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 04:48 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
Pulled over right after Gym...

So my friend suggested to go at night since he has some things to do with his family all day. Got there at 1030 finished around 1230 really super tired. I decided to take Kam hwy since all the lights mostly turn green from past experience when I used to go gym during these hours. I'm in 5th gear driving 45-50mph then come to a stop light before Sam's Club. I'm in the far left lane and I need to merge the next lane over to the right. I signal and proceed slowly shifting up to 4th then I see the cop light go off and I pull over. I am exhausted and just pray to be let off but apparently not. Since I'm tired I couldn't find my insurance card and end up searching each Midas packet that I usually put in my glove compartment. He seemed pissed and it just made me feel worse.

Brings up questions bout the car no front plate. I told him I gotten into an accident before and I had to remove it. Then my CF hood needed recon I told him midas said no need. Find my insurance finally after remembering where I left it. Then he leaves into his car. Apparently he paced me at going 51 in a 35 zone. I just didn't notice since I just got out of the gym. Also there were practically like no cars on the road.

He said he stopped me cause right after I changed lanes I was gonna gun it to the freeway?! (I am dead tired right now and I'm gonna push my car hard?)

I don't want my insurance to go up again so can I just contest it and write a written statement?

Last edited by 49_STi; 09-01-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:10 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
iono man. 51 in 35, no front plates, modified exhaust... tired or no tired, you broke the law. sometime things just happen at the worst of times. good luck with everything though.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:14 AM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
^^ true dat!! ... they don't care if u are tired or not.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
well when was the last time you got pulled over? take that online driving school if you are able too.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i know how you feel but i'm sure the dwn shift didn't help since from his POV it did seam like you were gonna go (even tho you weren't) and i'm sure he assummed this b/c he probably see it over and over a night. Sorry to hear about the ticket tho man. with the front plate go to court and show them proof of the crash and that should be dropped but the speeding part i dunno good luck man
Old 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Car Info: Nadda
If you challenge is, there is a chance they wont give you the option of school if you are guilty. If you pay the full fee and haven't been to traffic school for 18months, then you can do the traffic school... you just lose out on the money you lost ><
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
You actually aren't supposed to drive when you're tired (or stressed, or angry, or distract/not in peak mental condition)
Old 09-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Car Info: '02 silver WRX sedan
I find it strange that a person who does not know you at all is able to predict what you do before you do it. Grumpy cops don't seem to be overflowing with psychic ability.

Also, most people tend to speed up when entering a freeway so as to be going with the flow of traffic. But regardless, a 51 in a 35 ticket may be tough to get out of.

Good luck. I'd just take traffic school if you can. Fighting a ticket can be hard...
Old 09-01-2008, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by rvenosa
I find it strange that a person who does not know you at all is able to predict what you do before you do it. Grumpy cops don't seem to be overflowing with psychic ability.
well we have a crowd here that has ruind it for all of us. so when cops here seen that they will automatically assume that thats what will happen since there are a lot of bad apples here in hawaii
Old 09-01-2008, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
The only thing you could argue is that he pulled you off because you were gonna gun it on the freeway.

How the hell does he know that?! Ask him if his magic 8-ball has held up in court.

If that in fact was why he pulled you over and not the speeding, recon, etc. then you may have a case as he used that excuse as his probable cause.

Otherwise, you're pretty screwed...pay the ticket, man up, stop speeding, etc.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
He told me that I know you slowed down at the light then changed lanes but I knew you were gonna gun it once you got to the freeway.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Just fight it, nothing to lose, worst case you end up paying for the ticket.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Written statements don't do jack. You gotta go to court to fight this. Good luck man. Who's that psychic cop? I wonder if he can help me find my stolen deck...

Again HPD at its finest.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Car Info: 05 rs 2.5 and 03 wrx bug eye
my bf he got caught speeding on the freeway by the airport he was goin 92 in a 50 zone i think something like dat and thats his first offense...he pled guilty cuz he got caught with that laser gun or whatever u call it...they gave him community service, driver ed, pay almost 700.00 and suspended license 4 a month so the court can STICK IT UP THERE @$$ 4 all i care lol...well anyways GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:39 AM

Car Info: 07STI
Originally Posted by mo & jo
my bf he got caught speeding on the freeway by the airport he was goin 92 in a 50 zone i think something like dat and thats his first offense...he pled guilty cuz he got caught with that laser gun or whatever u call it...they gave him community service, driver ed, pay almost 700.00 and suspended license 4 a month so the court can STICK IT UP THERE @$$ 4 all i care lol...well anyways GOOD LUCK!!!
Dam that really suxs...

anyways if your going to try to fight it take it to court forget writing a letter good luck.

Quick Reply: Pulled over right after Gym...