Possible sale of 2005 STi

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi, CGM
Question Possible sale of 2005 STi

Need some help here. What do you all think I could get on a 2005 STi, CGM? Stock (it does have tint, installed by TnT), with about 850 miles.

Please only honest opinions.

Hawaii_guy

Name:  Drivers_SideA.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  31.6 KB

Edit: Forgot to mention, it is debadged and there is a small round ding on the rear bumper. Not exactly sure how it got there. See picture below, above and to the left of exaust.

Last edited by Hawaii_Guy; 06-12-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i would sell it at whatever kbb.com says it is at private party- but they do not have one for 2005 yet- look at what dealers are selling "demos"(if any)
or even on ad. i'd start at about maybe no less than 1,000 under msrp which is about about 33,000 -

unless you are in a situation that you must get out of financially, i wouldn't "*****" this car out simply because there are only 4,500 produced each year.

keep in mind that i used to sell these cars- so i more or less know the basics of selling one like yours- you may even trying a consignment at Ohana, Waialae or 5 Star Subaru - its always nice to offer a used one to a customer who can't "afford"a brand new one...

if u have any questions just pm me-

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 06-12-2005, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Provided, the car was truely damn-near-brand-new, and seeing that it's still rolling paper plates, I'd offer you 29k for the car. Aside from the small dent, the car would need to be as good as if it was off the dealer's lot inside and out. This is my opinion as a consumer because saying 30k is too close to the selling price of 33k at which point I'd get a brand new one.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by gdogg
i would sell it at whatever kbb.com says it is at private party- but they do not have one for 2005 yet- look at what dealers are selling "demos"(if any)
or even on ad. i'd start at about maybe no less than 1,000 under msrp which is about about 33,000 -

unless you are in a situation that you must get out of financially, i wouldn't "*****" this car out simply because there are only 4,500 produced each year.

keep in mind that i used to sell these cars- so i more or less know the basics of selling one like yours- you may even trying a consignment at Ohana, Waialae or 5 Star Subaru - its always nice to offer a used one to a customer who can't "afford"a brand new one...

if u have any questions just pm me-

Not to say that I'd disregard advice from Gregg on any other subject, but this is one area where I'd give extra attention because that's what he does for a living and from what I've seen, he's pretty darn good at it.

IBhangingfromDeseNutscomments.

Just calling 'em as I see 'em. Good luck on your sale.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
oops... i forgot to read the comments in the middle of the pics----
do this-- yeah the dent would give your buyer some room for negotiating the price down- brandy(sykosis) is in the right frame of mind as a consumer-

the thing that may help you find the price you are asking is that if someone wants one NOW, when a dealer may have to order one for you.

but i think schuman(distributor) and our dealers ordered way too much CGM STi's....

prior to selling, make sure no dealers are selling brand new ones way below msrp- that would suck for you-