Pinnacle wax and debadging

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2001 sub. imp.
Originally posted by EtchyLives
I still need to do this on my wagon. I've been saying "I'm gonna do it" for about 2 months now. Just lazy about the fishing-line and/or extension cord (ask Sean). now I'm drinking, so no driving until at least after lunch.
i have the same problem
Old 05-10-2003, 09:18 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by acarguy
Well I removed the subaru badging this morning and I didnt even need to use the 3m adhessive remover. I eas getting a little scared because it seemed WAY too easy. I used some fishing line and worked all the letters off, then just rolled the adhesive up into ***** like rubber cement. Was everyone else gooey because it was warm from the sun or something? I know one thread in another forum talked about using a blow dryer so I can see how that would do it. But I should just be happy I had no problems and no scratches.

I almost went ahead and pulled the WRX and STI badging....but decided to think about it.....

I would be extremely pissed if someone tried to pull.....I'd rather they just ask for it....I'd be much happier taking it of for them!
I used adhesive remover, just let it soak into the bagdes then pulled em off and soaked the left over. It came off nicely. Took the WRX/IMPREZA as well and left the STi. I like the look...
Old 05-11-2003, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Well, I finally took my SUBARU off. I left the WRX for now. It was a little harder for me, since I didn't use goo gone or adhesive remover. I tried WD-40, but that didn't work so well, so it was all hair-dryer and rubbing like mad. Afterwards I had some outlines of the letters (the ghost of SUBARU ) so I had to get out the rubbing compound. that worked great. Rewashed the whole car, and waxed the rear gate. I like my car the way I like my women... smooth on the rear.