PDXTuning Tuning trip Oct 30-Nov 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 2007 STi GTX3076R
Dam this is good news I wanted to hook my car up with some meth. Just hope my car be in top shape by then. Hey Jarrad what type of meth injection would you recommend. Been looking at aquamist, snow performance, and perrin. Just wanted to know what be easier to setup and tune
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Checking on Member Status...sorry...gotta do my job...
Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Vendor Status pending per Admin, so the thread is now re-opened
Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 AM

Car Info: Walter: '08 WRB FXT 295WHP 350Q
Jarrad,

Sign me up for a standard tune with the AP

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: 08 WRX
Originally Posted by zer0shift
Dam this is good news I wanted to hook my car up with some meth. Just hope my car be in top shape by then. Hey Jarrad what type of meth injection would you recommend. Been looking at aquamist, snow performance, and perrin. Just wanted to know what be easier to setup and tune
We are fans of any system that has safety measures. One of the locals on the island can attest to the importance of safety measures. If for any reason your meth injection system fails it will take out your motor. The only way to get power gains from running meth is to tune it more aggressively than you can safely on just pump, so loosing that octane and fuel leads to detonation. If this is something you are not prepared to deal with then look to another form of performance gain like Torco or race fuel.

We have been strong supporters of Aquamist for 5 years now, but there are other good options out there now too.

Jarrad
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by higreg
Jarrad,

Sign me up for a standard tune with the AP

Thanks!
You got it Greg!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
***PAYMENT and Slot Time Selection**
Dyno Tune ($375.00) or General Tune ($20.00 for past PDX tunes only)

Oct 16th, 8:30pm - Ewa Beach Town Center (next to Starbucks)
Cash only.

Please pm me your names w/ phone# asap
Old 10-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Put me down for a General Tune
Old 10-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
is this the same pdx that tim balye was one time a part of?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

yes
Old 10-03-2009, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by PDXTuning
We are fans of any system that has safety measures. One of the locals on the island can attest to the importance of safety measures. If for any reason your meth injection system fails it will take out your motor. The only way to get power gains from running meth is to tune it more aggressively than you can safely on just pump, so loosing that octane and fuel leads to detonation. If this is something you are not prepared to deal with then look to another form of performance gain like Torco or race fuel.

We have been strong supporters of Aquamist for 5 years now, but there are other good options out there now too.

Jarrad
Currently using the Perrin PW1 which was heavily infuenced by Aquamist (though Perrin has discontinued the PW1) w/ 50/50, Jarrad tuned my stage 4 w/ a HTA green whp 381 wtq 424.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 2007 STi GTX3076R
I know that perrin has the new PW2 system out now but i don't know if it has a fail safe mode on it. Aquamist has some nice systems but they are on the high price side. Like the Aquamist system when the level becomes low it will cut boost. I guess thats the safety measures that you are talking about Jarrad. Hey Dan does your system have a fail safe mode. Because the perrin PW2 system price is not bad. With meth I think it will help my car break into the four hundreds. I have a race map already on C-16 but this car is a daily driver. So buying race gas every two week is not going to do it. I'm reaching the limts of the stock bottem end but I'm planing on building the bottom end.

Also Jarrad I know that COBB AP now can do speed density. Do you see anything better from switching from a maf system to speed density system with the AP.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:32 PM

^^^^^^
PW1 specs
Name:  wiring-v3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  58.0 KB

The system comes complete with a digital turbine flow sensor for the failsafe. A very informative 5-led dash panel:

1. Green led -Three state: System on (dim), Start spray (bright) and FIDC reached ~90%(blink).
2. Amber led -Two state: Piston pump cycling and pump DC approaching at ~90% (blink)
3. Blue Led - Two state: Fluid flow monitoring - progressively glows brighter and blinks when approaching ~90% flow sensor output.
4. Yellow led: On/Off Low tank level indication.
5. Red led: Real time IDC vs flow tracking. Low flow error indication. Very advanced failsafe - relay output included.

Last edited by ojichan sti; 10-03-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zer0shift
I know that perrin has the new PW2 system out now but i don't know if it has a fail safe mode on it. Aquamist has some nice systems but they are on the high price side. Like the Aquamist system when the level becomes low it will cut boost. I guess thats the safety measures that you are talking about Jarrad. Hey Dan does your system have a fail safe mode. Because the perrin PW2 system price is not bad. With meth I think it will help my car break into the four hundreds. I have a race map already on C-16 but this car is a daily driver. So buying race gas every two week is not going to do it. I'm reaching the limts of the stock bottem end but I'm planing on building the bottom end.

Also Jarrad I know that COBB AP now can do speed density. Do you see anything better from switching from a maf system to speed density system with the AP.
The PW2 kit does not have any safety features that I know of. The PW1 does, but the 2 is just a simple sprayer. If you look at the connection diagram for it, you only need to hook up power ground and the trigger (MAF, TPS, or IDC).

Cobb does have the SD software for some cars. If is a nice option if you have a need for it, but you really need to be pushing more than 330whp for a stock sized intake, and about 400whp on the larger intakes before you should consider it. We can talk more about it in detail if you need, but that is the basics of it.

Jarrad
Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM

Hey Jarrad,

Re: The General Tune
I-Clubber question, many are currently running the APV.1. will there be any issues in regards to tuning w/ the V.1 vs. the V.2?

Last edited by ojichan sti; 10-07-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: PDXTuning Tuning trip Oct 30-Nov 1