PDX tuning anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi wid 2 AK47's in da trunk!
PDX tuning anyone??

has anyone have any maps from PDX tuning?

i have a silver 04 wrx full TBE, uppipe, and cobb AP stg 2 map. Im going to get more parts but im afraid my AP won't be compatible with all the upgrades i want to get. unless there's a protuner around oahu somewhere.

oh BTW i just moved to this island and i love it out here!!

sorry just had to put that out!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
there are 20 cars that recently got a group pro-tune from PDX here. unfortunately, pdx don't have a local tuner here, so we had to fly one earlier this month... there will be another tuning session by February, so stay tuned...btw, what mods are you planning aside from what you already listed, and what is your power goal?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:18 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
The AP is a great source of EM to use in the mean time, but you can't beat a Protune. Like Ted said, a few members recently put together our first (but not last), Protune session where Jarrad from PDX came down to protune a bunch of our cars.....myself and Ted as well.
PDX offers custom tuned maps that they sell for $150. You basically email them a list of your mods, and then make a map centered around those particular mods. There were a bunch of locals that used these particular "mail order" maps and had great success with them. Many felt noticeable gains over the Cobb OTS maps. Up until earlier this past month, getting a Protune was not an option.
I'd say with your current mods, I would run the Cobb maps for now, and wait for the next Protune session. It's tentatively being planned for the beginning of February. It will be on a first come first serve basis, so keep your eyes peeled for the thread when it comes around. I think it's being limited to 16 cars this time around.
Here's a good example. I have a VF39 swapped '04 wagon. When I did my turbo swap, I flashed Cobb's OTS map for a 2.0L with STI Pinks. The car felt obviously better than my previous Stage 2 map, since I put in a bigger turbo, injectors and fuel pump. However, the power delivery wasn't very smooth, and there seemed to be certain areas where the power seemed to drop off and come back. Then, when I was ready for my PDX Protune, we all sent in a list of our mods and Jarrad created one of their custom maps. With Jarrad's custom PDX map I did my first baseline pull, and the car put down 262 hp and like 245 ft/lbs. When it was all said and done, Jarrad was able to put down 275/261. And, the car felt MUCH better. Boost came on sooner, pulled harder, and ran much smoother. Well worth the $$$ spent.

***If you're new here, come out to the weekly meets on Friday. Jon "Infek" usually posts the meet time and place soemtime during the week. Good way to meet people and talk story***
Old 09-30-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
there are 20 cars that recently got a group pro-tune from PDX here. unfortunately, pdx don't have a local tuner here, so we had to fly one earlier this month... there will be another tuning session by February, so stay tuned...btw, what mods are you planning aside from what you already listed, and what is your power goal?

February? cool i should have what i want by then. I want to do fuel upgrades, maybe sti pinks, vf39, bigger tmic, maybe a better intake manifold or is the stock wrx with TGV better? Still trying to learn what's good for my subaru. i just got it in may.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bran808
The AP is a great source of EM to use in the mean time, but you can't beat a Protune. Like Ted said, a few members recently put together our first (but not last), Protune session where Jarrad from PDX came down to protune a bunch of our cars.....myself and Ted as well.
PDX offers custom tuned maps that they sell for $150. You basically email them a list of your mods, and then make a map centered around those particular mods. There were a bunch of locals that used these particular "mail order" maps and had great success with them. Many felt noticeable gains over the Cobb OTS maps. Up until earlier this past month, getting a Protune was not an option.
I'd say with your current mods, I would run the Cobb maps for now, and wait for the next Protune session. It's tentatively being planned for the beginning of February. It will be on a first come first serve basis, so keep your eyes peeled for the thread when it comes around. I think it's being limited to 16 cars this time around.
Here's a good example. I have a VF39 swapped '04 wagon. When I did my turbo swap, I flashed Cobb's OTS map for a 2.0L with STI Pinks. The car felt obviously better than my previous Stage 2 map, since I put in a bigger turbo, injectors and fuel pump. However, the power delivery wasn't very smooth, and there seemed to be certain areas where the power seemed to drop off and come back. Then, when I was ready for my PDX Protune, we all sent in a list of our mods and Jarrad created one of their custom maps. With Jarrad's custom PDX map I did my first baseline pull, and the car put down 262 hp and like 245 ft/lbs. When it was all said and done, Jarrad was able to put down 275/261. And, the car felt MUCH better. Boost came on sooner, pulled harder, and ran much smoother. Well worth the $$$ spent.

***If you're new here, come out to the weekly meets on Friday. Jon "Infek" usually posts the meet time and place soemtime during the week. Good way to meet people and talk story***

i just went to the pdx website and they look tuner friendly. do you know of anyone how has actually bought of their maps?

i'll be looking out for those meets, but Uncle Sam has me working crazy shifts in k-bay.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:33 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by HAT3R 671
i just went to the pdx website and they look tuner friendly. do you know of anyone how has actually bought of their maps?

i'll be looking out for those meets, but Uncle Sam has me working crazy shifts in k-bay.
Try and PM Brent "IslandStyle". He's got a some experience with the custom PDX maps, as well as a few others.