Pakshak

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:16 PM

Car Info: STI
Pakshak

I've put this off for a while but there have been a few threads about detailing lately and with summer here it seems like a good time. I do some detailing on the side and I've purchased a ton of products from a number of vendors both locally and online. Through my experiences, Pakshak (Micropak) and it's owner Ranney really stand out. I have no affliation with him other then being a failthful customer and I'm not trying to sell products for him. I just know most people here try to take care of their vehicles and his services deserve some recognition.

They operate an online store based in HI and carry mostly boutique types of car care products (Zaino, Menzerna, Clearkote, Poorboys, Pinnacle, etc.). They also have a reputation among the enthusiast detailing community for carrying some of the highest quality microfiber available and providing awesome service. I've discussed products with Ranney for 30mins or more a number of times and he's very honest and doesnt hesitate to offer other options even if they're from other vendors. He also will meet up with people locally to eliminate shipping cost and also throws in free products like MF towels.

I've asked him if he'd pass on a discount to other members here and it looks like thats fine. If there's enough interest here I'll set up a group buy or I can pm contact and discount info.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this. Just trying to help fellow members out by opening them up to the best products!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 2008 STI, fusion powered 435, upgraded anti gravity couplers, f-56 missle launchers
I've had nothing but great experiences with Pakshak and Ranney. Friendly and knows his stuff, and it doesn't hurt that he has great products at great prices.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally Posted by Maximal
I've had nothing but great experiences with Pakshak and Ranney. Friendly and knows his stuff, and it doesn't hurt that he has great products at great prices.

Cute.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by acarguy
I've put this off for a while but there have been a few threads about detailing lately and with summer here it seems like a good time. I do some detailing on the side and I've purchased a ton of products from a number of vendors both locally and online. Through my experiences, Pakshak (Micropak) and it's owner Ranney really stand out. I have no affliation with him other then being a failthful customer and I'm not trying to sell products for him. I just know most people here try to take care of their vehicles and his services deserve some recognition.

They operate an online store based in HI and carry mostly boutique types of car care products (Zaino, Menzerna, Clearkote, Poorboys, Pinnacle, etc.). They also have a reputation among the enthusiast detailing community for carrying some of the highest quality microfiber available and providing awesome service. I've discussed products with Ranney for 30mins or more a number of times and he's very honest and doesnt hesitate to offer other options even if they're from other vendors. He also will meet up with people locally to eliminate shipping cost and also throws in free products like MF towels.

I've asked him if he'd pass on a discount to other members here and it looks like thats fine. If there's enough interest here I'll set up a group buy or I can pm contact and discount info.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this. Just trying to help fellow members out by opening them up to the best products!
shoot, my HUGE order of stuff should be arriving tommorow. if i only knew there was someone locally b4 hand
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 PM

sorry about that....I put it off for a couple months because I wasnt sure there was enough interest. There's a whole world of products out there that very few know about. What are some of the things you bought, if you dont mind?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Car Info: toaster
Ordered a bunch of stuff from them as well, they threw in a bunch of freebies too, since my order was kind of large. Awesome service, class act! Never ordered again since i got so much stuff from my first order and this was about 2 years ago. lol
Old 06-29-2006, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
anyone here can buff out all the oxidation on my car for a reasonable price?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 PM

Car Info: car
use a clay bar, then wax it. clay bars remove surface contaminants and oxidation. it makes your paint very smooth too. there are differnt grades of clay, but since your car is white, you can get away with a more abrasive one. it should look great after that.... takes out the "yellow look" on my white toyota. in my opinion, its more work to buff and buffers are expensive!!

Last edited by juniorsti; 06-29-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by myroncuz
anyone here can buff out all the oxidation on my car for a reasonable price?
You should go ahead and try some clay.....depending how severe it is it might be enough for you. I'd recommend claymagic since you can get it at Daiei along with a quick detailer.

If that doesnt work then you can look into polishing.....the reason is it will easily cost 2-10x as much as buying some clay, and everyone should have a bar.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 PM

sorry about that....I put it off for a couple months because I wasnt sure there was enough interest. There's a whole world of products out there that very few know about. What are some of the things you bought, if you dont mind?
parksmart stick on door guards, pinnacle clay bars and clay lubricant, wheel wax,
california dash dusters, some MF towels, and of course asst. Klasse products, among other things. i have no idea what i'm doing, but figured i'd give this a shot, to see what all the hype is about.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 808subaru
parksmart stick on door guards, pinnacle clay bars and clay lubricant, wheel wax,
california dash dusters, some MF towels, and of course asst. Klasse products, among other things. i have no idea what i'm doing, but figured i'd give this a shot, to see what all the hype is about.
I've wondered about Wheel wax....read a lot of good and just average reviews on it. I've just been using sealants on my wheels and they've worked great. I'm guessing you bought AIO and Sealant Glaze since that's the norm. AIO is great but I haven't used SG since it seems to be rather temperamental which negates its great durability.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Car Info: car
oh yea, one more thing about clay, once you drop it on the ground its no good. throw it away. the clay will pick up all the dirt from the ground. you dont want to be rubbing those abrasive grains of dirt on your paint!!

can anyone link me to pakshak's website?? i wanna check it out...
Old 07-01-2006, 12:33 AM

Car Info: 2004 SVT Cobra & 1969 RS Z/28
Here is the link:
http://www.pakshak.com/
Tell Ranney your an Autopia member and he will give you a discount. His brother lives down the street from me and even delivers my orders to my house. Great service and good products.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:16 AM

quick question for you guys. after the wash, then claybar process, the next step would be to wax, right? after that, people mention last step products. can you guys run me through your processes on your cars?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM

Car Info: 2008 STI, fusion powered 435, upgraded anti gravity couplers, f-56 missle launchers
I've wondered about Wheel wax....read a lot of good and just average reviews on it. I've just been using sealants on my wheels and they've worked great. I'm guessing you bought AIO and Sealant Glaze since that's the norm. AIO is great but I haven't used SG since it seems to be rather temperamental which negates its great durability.
Wheel wax is great. Out of the can it looks like a carnuba paste, but it also is supposed to be used as a cleaner. It does a real good job of taking off road grime and brake dust from wheels. It seems to have a pretty good durability as I only use it about twice a year and otherwise just wash and wipe down the wheels.

Quick Reply: Pakshak