ouch

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 03:05 PM

Car Info: s2
ouch

ive had my rex for not even 6months and some punks kids decide to key my car along with many of my neighbors, scratch is on my rear passenger door, and is quite lengthy too, pretty much the length of my door....any suggestions on a good shop to get this fixed at, i hate looking at the scratch.

(not sure about the warrantee issue, since i did mod the car already, and even worse, my car is black).

PLEASE HELP FIX MY CAR AND FIX THESE PUNK KIDS
Old 07-24-2004, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 04sti
Originally Posted by yamatodamashii
ive had my rex for not even 6months and some punks kids decide to key my car along with many of my neighbors, scratch is on my rear passenger door, and is quite lengthy too, pretty much the length of my door....any suggestions on a good shop to get this fixed at, i hate looking at the scratch.

(not sure about the warrantee issue, since i did mod the car already, and even worse, my car is black).

so sorry about ur car dude, i have the same problem in my neighborhood, lots of jelous ppl, thank god i have a fence. if you dont have one, get ur self a mean *** dog to guard it. or what u can do is to make friends with them, i know its hard to do since they scratched your car, but if you try to get even with them it will only get worse. another thing u can do is get a shotgun and............nah, maybe not
Old 07-24-2004, 04:49 PM

Car Info: your mom.
had the same prob in my old neighborhood. i hate people who have no respect for other peoples property...especially cars; very personal.

how far do you park your car from your house? my friend had the same problem so he bought a 'portable' mini-video camera. (i think Sharper Image has it or something like it) He hooked it up to a vcr, set the camera on his parking spot, and just let it run. after a week and a half he caught the person and had evidence to go to the cops. in the end, his new paint job was paid for by the guilty party - his AUNT of all people

if you wanna look into getting it covered up - when i was at Subaru Kaneohe getting my car worked on, one of the guys told me that there's a guy at the honda dealership that fixes scratches with an airbrush. i'm probably going to look into that this week myself.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:00 PM

Car Info: 08 TL Type-S
where in kaneohe did this happen. It has happened to my other car twice already damn cronics have nothing better to do but f_ck **** up in kaneohe.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:27 PM

sorry to hear that dude.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:33 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i have one from front of car all the way to the rear-
it sucks

i am not sure what you mean in terms of warranty- if in terms of paint it won't be covered. best bet is to try insurance... unless someone else has a good idea.

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-24-2004, 08:50 PM

Location: Your friendly neighborhood Marine Corps recruiting station! (Pearlridge Mall by Banditos)
Unhappy grrr....

Originally Posted by yamatodamashii

Dam dude, similar incident happened to me after I got my new rims... some punk kids put screws under my tires and I backed up over them and punctured my left rear tire. Sorry to hear they hit you up like that. Where in Kaneohe did this happen? My incident was at the Windward Shopping Center.

-Neale
Old 07-24-2004, 11:55 PM

Car Info: your mom.
not sure about here, but in most cases insurance will take care of it, but you have to file a police report first.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:45 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Stan on these boards does painting for us subarus, his name is WrfKnX on the boards, go hit him up
Old 07-25-2004, 01:59 AM

I feel most of your pain! I too live in Kaneohe near windward mall and my car has been egged several times. I'm just lucky nothing shattered the paint it hit the windshield and the sun roof. I'm with you in catching those damn haters in Kaneohe.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:42 AM

Car Info: Justy
That is messed up! Hope you get the keying taken care of.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by STiNightFall
Stan on these boards does painting for us subarus, his name is WrfKnX on the boards, go hit him up
he doesn't work for Subaru anymore