Ot: Ufc

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Ot: Ufc

So did anybody see the UFC 65 last night I was so happy to see Matt Hughs finally get his mouth shut he talked so much smack how he was going to kick GSP's azz and GSP didn't have a mark on him. So the welter weight belt now is in Canada. The heavy weight fight went the full 5 rounds with Silvia winning a decision to Munson who was 11" shorter and 30 lbs lighter if Munson could have worked his ground game he would be the new heavy weight champ but with that much of a height difference it was hard for him to work his ground game..Great fights..

Last edited by silver satin; 11-19-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Im with you Jeremiah!!!!!

M. Hughs deserve what his mouth proved to be...all mouth!!! no action. Congrats on GSP great humble fighter!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
yup great fights, gsp is one bad mo fo....
Old 11-19-2006, 10:17 AM

If you've seen the first Hughs & GSP fight Hughs was actually losing that fight he got lucky and caught GSP with a arm bar I think if they fight again it will go the same way GSP is just a better well rounded athelete (m/sp). But you never know what can happen..
Old 11-19-2006, 12:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I'm happy for St Pierre, but I kind of wanted to see Lyttle get to face Hughes. He's a fellow Hoosier and he seems very down to earth, so I'm a fan.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:51 PM

I don't get why Diego Sanchez, who is 18-0, isn't next in line for the welterweight championship when Matt Serra is like 14-4

Although I wanted GSP to win, I wanted to see a championship fight of Diego Sanchez vs Matt Hughes. Would be a good fight.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Every time I hear GSP talk I think of Jean-Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport. He's a bad *** though.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Lol, Hughes got rocked a bit, no?
Old 11-19-2006, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I don't get why Diego Sanchez, who is 18-0, isn't next in line for the welterweight championship when Matt Serra is like 14-4

Although I wanted GSP to win, I wanted to see a championship fight of Diego Sanchez vs Matt Hughes. Would be a good fight.
Serra's a good dude, too. I don't know if he won his fight with Lyttle, but I guess what the judges say goes.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 2003 Wrx Wagon
i regret not being able to watch da fight but did hughes get KTFO? or tapped out or did it go to decision?!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM

GSP got Hughs down on the mat and was landing fists and elbows and Hughs wasn't really defending himself and Big John stopped the fight. But Hughs lost the first round and was losing the second one also.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Smile

Originally Posted by silver satin
GSP got Hughs down on the mat and was landing fists and elbows and Hughs wasn't really defending himself and Big John stopped the fight. But Hughs lost the first round and was losing the second one also.
because right before that, he got rocked with a high kick to the head....
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TurnWRX

Diego Sanchez, that guy is freakin good too...and i gotta say i must support my filipino peeps haha, Brandon "the truth" Vera, who is making a name for himself...
Old 11-22-2006, 12:39 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Matt has been a lucky champ for a while. He's very good, very skilled, but let's face it: he's been very lucky to hold that belt for so long.

* He got lucky winning the belt when he beat Carlos Newton, in what was clearly a double ko.

* He was outclassed by GSP in their first fight, but kudos to Matt for rolling into a sweet armbar, catching GSP.

* He was outclassed by BJ Penn, until the whole injured rib incedent (whether folks believe it or not, there was definately something wrong with Penn at the beginning of their final), then Matt was able to take his GnP position, which he is very dominant at.

Matt's had some great fight between those, don't get me wrong. He stomped Carlos Newton in their rematch. And he was a true warrior in surviving a groin shot and then having Trigg get a very tight RNC, nearly ending it -- then Matt gets out and picks up Trigg and SLAMS hm into the ground, then puts in his own RNC. Very exciting fight.

Against the very top teir of competition, however, Matt has been a little behind, relying on luck to save his title. I've been a Matt Hughes fan up until after the Penn fight. He's just become too arrogant. I was happy that GSP got his 'riddum' goin and got the win.

Sylvia vs Monson was so boring :/

Last edited by Sushi_n_Beer; 11-22-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

yeah i heard about that rib incident? was it before the fight?

also he took the fight like what 6 weeks prior because GSP got injured, which i think wasn't enough time for BJ to train....i wouldn't mind seeing another rematch between GSP and a fresh BJ

Sylvia vs. Monsoon was really boring...

Quick Reply: Ot: Ufc