Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Car Info: Justy
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
^^^^You'd probably be a ghey **** star.
LOL!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Well... I was tired of driving an big *** car (caz I was driving a van) so SUVs and mini SUVs were out of the question. My dad wanted me to get the IS... but at $34K... it was a bit out of my price range. Plus I want a car w/ plenty of mod parts available. Thus enter the WRX. They were out already by the time I was shopping for my new car. I liked the bugeyes... but I heard they were changing the front end so I waited for the 04 and I love it even more than the bugeye. End of story...

Man... I do wonder sometimes... if I gotten the Lexus...
Old 04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Then you'd be a ghey chinese **** star
Old 04-22-2005, 02:15 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
**** you Pang!

J/P I can't take your job away from you.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
i was at the point in my life where i wanted power. my 2000 eclipse wasnt doing it for me. i looked around alot. 350z, rx8, g35, eclipse gt, etc. i was gonna opt for a used one, but decided i hate left overs and wanted one fob. i test drove a used bug eye at 5 star. not bad. didnt really punch but still felt some power. later on i sau in the next month or so, was cruising in kaneohe and decided to test drive an 04. THAT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! im telling you. i said to myself, "thats gonna be my next car" i loved the new look of the 04 rather then the bug-eye(no offense) i also wanted to get the premium package as well. anyways, i talk with the sales person for hours. i then brought my MOMMA to him later on that night hoping to do a trade in. i had my hopes up. but ended up going home in my eclipse. anyways, i tried for a car loan to get a sti. i told myself, im gonna get a sti only if i get approved from a credit union. i didnt. so december of 03 i tried again at a different dealer. 5 star. we spoke numbers and to me it was good. but my mommy thought other. let me tell you, it took us 3 sundays to finally get the price we wanted. whats funny is that when my mom got them to drop the price that she wanted, she wanted it to drop wayy more. she talked and talked and talked about giving me more for my trade in and less for the wrx. it worked. i got my 04 for 23k with premium package. to me, i think i got a good price.

also, i recommend you to not deal with 5 star. they tried to pull a fast one on me and my mom. im talking about the finance guy. after i took the car, he was telling me that my mom has a tax lien on her name so i would have to pay a higher apr. man, i did soo much research to find out about that tax lien and it also made my mom shet her pants about it. only to find out that it was paid off 5 years ago. he then tells me that if i hook him up with a phone he can drop it and tell then bank that im his cousin. (YEAH FRICKING RIGHT) he was trying to scam me. thinking about it now pisses me off. damn japanee.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Well I went to buy an EVO a few days after they came out in '03. I was home on leave from Japan, and I had seen a few cars I liked. A guy I worked with would not shut up about 4 cyl Tubro AWD cars. I told him my Mustang Mach 1, that I had on order so it would be there when I left Okinawa would smoke any 4 cyl. He proved me wrong, and showed me the numbers. I was sold on AWD, turbo's and 4 cylinders. Mitsubitshi screwed with me, couldn't secure a loan for me even though I had excellent credit, and they wouldn't let me test drive the car. I said screw it, and called back to Japan and asked him what else was there? He said go to the Subaru dealer and ask about a WRX. I did, I drive it, I loved the bug eyes, the scoop and all. I loved it and came back to pick it up the next day. In december of 03 I traded it in for a STi. One drive of the STi and I was sold. It was like injecting crack straight in my veins. Since then I've picked up a GC8 RS. So I've owned all 3 gens of Imprezas and they are all great cars.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
nope..

1st encounter (mid 90s) was in a old early 80s beater wagon. friend said it was reliable and he'll stick with driving subarus while i thought he was outta his mind. now he recently bought a honda van while i was trying to push the forester on him.

took me a bit to like the bug eyes, cuz i preferred the GC8s like everyone else... but luved the performance then later liked the distinguished look from other cars

ps. aren't there more than 3 generations of imprezas, nate (or greg)?

Last edited by WRX_FLIP; 04-22-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:10 PM

Car Info: Storme..
from the first time playing gran turismo 2.. i was hooked on rally race type cars... nothing beats the coolness of racing offroad through a mountain and etc.. all through high school and middle school.. people asked me what my dream car would be.. the 2 words that came out from my mouth..

Lancer or Impreza...

ended up getting a Honda Prelude right out of high school last year.. and drove it for about 4 months.. Met Justin (04sleeper) at my job at sears and it was the first time I up close (hearing, looking, sitting) to a WRX, checked under the hood and everything, heard the boxer engine rumble of his Espelir. And i was like WOW.. Why did I get this in the first place?

sold my prelude and bought an 05 WRX, and i couldnt be happier
Old 04-22-2005, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Never gave Subaru a thought. I seriously never realized that people were into the import tuning scene. Couldn't tell the difference between a Supra and an Eclipse and had never heard of the Skyline. I thought that 'suck and blow' was a phrase best not spoken in mixed company. Never heard of the Fast and the Furious....

Was out car shopping for my wife, I was looking for practical and good on gas. I was actually leaning very heavily towards a hybrid (they had just came out.) We were of course whoring at the normal compact dealerships and couldn't decide on anything, so figured we'd try Subaru (it's a craptastic compact car, too, right?)

Was talked into testdriving the WRX and was just astounded. I had no idea that anyone made cars that fantastic. So well rounded.

I wouldn't rule out owning any other brand of car, but I will certainly own many more in the future.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 02 black bes
For me seeing my friends pimped out 02 wrx wagon was love at first sight. I always thought subarus were grandma cars but when i went for a ride in the wrx i fell in love and ever since then been wanting one for several years. I finally got my own subaru and im so stoked everytime I walk to my car and realize that its mine and know one elses...
Old 04-23-2005, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by WRX_FLIP
ps. aren't there more than 3 generations of imprezas, nate (or greg)?
Technically two generations (full model changes GC and GD), but four if you include "minor changes" IIRC.