OT: Subaru, love at 1st sight?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
OT: Subaru, love at 1st sight?

for me no... my dad had em while growing up. the only cool thing about em is that we rocked them badboys up to Mauna Kea. other than that i hated them. they were noisy and rusted like a datsun.

20 years later- the wife and i are at the Windward Mall- Scuman had a "display" store and they had a PIMPIN wrx wagon in WRB Pearl w/18 inchers and black tint.
we fell in love. we finally ended up getting a 03 aspen white wrx wagon, and a year later i got "permission" to buy my sti....
so in this case... it was love at second glance

next...

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-21-2005, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I was living in OR at the time. Sat inside a 2001 2.5 RS. Salesdude tells me look at this (handed me something with the 2002 WRX).

I told him, "Hey Salesdude...I'll be back in a year".
Old 04-21-2005, 11:32 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
i wanted a nissan when looking for a car. the wrx seemed out of grasp, so i was thinking SE-R ness.

i always thought they were nice cars, but didn't realize the awesomeness until well after i actually bought the car. two years ago i would have never thought of a suby.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Curse Gran Turismo 1. The STi Ver. V just handled soooo well, especially on Grand Valley. Even the damn Dodge Viper couldn't touch it.

Then in 2000, a buddy of mine got a GC8 2.5RS. Test drove it, loved it, almost got another one. But then I heard the WRX was coming out. Test drove, loved it, bought it. It was about May 2001 then. And here I am
Old 04-21-2005, 11:37 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
two words for me = boxer rumble!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
it was 2001, when subaru decided to bring out the 02 wrx's. i actually (sorry bugeye ppls) hated the bugeyes, so i waited until 2004 when it was changed. Now looking back i shoulda just got the car in 2002...oh well i love my car!!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:45 PM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Grew up with speedvision. I lived for European touring sedans and rally. I loved the Suby rally cars. Drooled over pictures of the 22b. And heard that they were gonna bring the WRX over I was excited.

But then I friggin totaled my kick a$$ 1988 GL 4x4 wagon before they came out so I bought a Tacoma instead. Finallly when I could afford it, I went to buy a STi and got a sceaming deal on the wagon and havent looked back since.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:52 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Prior to Gran Turismo, I just knew about Brats and Justys. In fact, I had a rental Justy once and marveled how torquey that car was and how well it handled. I was blazing the car up the Likelike and was taking the turn into the tunnel very fast, then the oil light came on during the turn! All I thought was....cool! this car corners so hard it needs a windage tray in the oil pan. Throughout the Gran Turismo series, the Subaru Impreza WRX was the first car to shoot for. In 1998, I almost bit at a 2.5 RS, but went with a Jetta GLX instead. Then the WRX came, and I wanted one, but there was a rumor of the STi coming, so I went on the list. Never have I bought a car without driving one, but my baby came in August 2003 and I drove her home without a test drive. Nowadays, when I play Gran Turismo 4, I get a kick that there is an STi in my real garage....now only if the Spec C Type RA was available for real....hmmmmm
Old 04-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
my first car was an 89 justy DL, my cousin rolled it in colorado and sold it to my dad, who inturn sold it to me for 250. it was the only car that never gave me any problems. since my last car was a piece of doodoo, i did my homework, thought of all the cars i had and what i went threwand figured it would be utterly retarded if i didnt get a suby again, hence the 04 rex i drive today........still wish i had that justy though.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:38 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
First Subaru Experience...

was back in 1980 in Kodiak Alaska...my good friends mom had an old wagon...the tiny boxer engine had that tell tale rumble as small as it was...that car went everywhere and never seemed to break down...it better not have, the closest Subaru dealer was 500 "Water" miles away Kodiak Island...

We did some major fishing because of that car...

25 years later...whoooly, I am getting old...I'm in an STI in Hawaii...figure that one out...
Old 04-22-2005, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
^^ you're the 1st guy i met that actually traded in a toyota for a Subaru. from a truck to an STi... definitely different!

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-22-2005, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
I feel in love with the WRX when it first came out. I remember the Lance Armstrong commercials "227 hp" and the thing sliding through the dirt. I wanted one so bad and then a friend got one. I was hooked after I rode in it. I liked WRXs but wanted a Supra and he always told me "just wait till the STi gets here". Two years later I went home and he had the STi. I rode in it the day after Christmas. On the 27th I had mine.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
I fell in love when I was in the arcades playing racing games. I always thought they were extremely rare and I would never own one. Then on Feb. 02, 2001 I became the VERY proud owner of a 2door RS.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:47 PM

Car Info: Justy
Love at first sight... not really.

My Suby knowledge was limited I was a Honda guy back then. I liked the GC series WRX; I never noticed when they switched over to the GD body style. In 2002 I was planning to buy a new car in a year. I was looking at the RSX, some friends suggested I get a WRX. Till that point I had not seen what the WRX looked like, the only thing that came to mind was the 22b.

A friend gives me a WRX brochure; first words out of my mouth are "That thing is UGLY! What happened to the 22b look?” His reply was "Its cheaper to make the WRX faster, than the RSX.” I still wasn't sold on the WRX; the front end was ugly. So I continue on with the plan for RSX. Then one fateful day, I went to borders and picked up an Import Tuner. On the cover is the black Sparco WRX, after seeing that car I dropped the idea of the RSX. After seeing JDM headlights and JDM grille in a catalog, I had to get those when I buy the WRX.

December 2002, I picked up my 2003 MBP WRX.

Its been great since, but I wonder what it would been like if I gotten the RSX?.

Last edited by WRX-Zero; 04-22-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
^^^^You'd probably be a ghey **** star.

Quick Reply: OT: Subaru, love at 1st sight?