OT: PDAs

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 10:41 PM

poser, where have u been hiding?! too busy with the women? anywho, i want one of these. find me a good deal /\

Originally Posted by poser
just got my HP rx3715 about 3 weeks ago...got mine used, and it was a great deal...i balked at the price for it new, and if i had to pay full price for it, i wouldnt have gotten it...but, it's awesome...i cant figure out how i ever did stuff without it...

i had a black n white sony clie a friend gave to me for cheep...basic functions, and it did it's job okay...the one thing i didnt like about the palm OS was that it wasnt as familiar as the pocket pc software to use (i'm fairly comfortable using windows)...and software (locally) isnt as easy to come by anymore...it also had an older OS on it so that may have been an issue as well, cause i couldnt use it to view pdf files with the freebie program i had- had to buy a program to view them...

also, i like that on the pocket pc, it'll open up word and excel files easily...also can do powerpoint presentations with software...

i didnt think i'd use the features of the HP pda, but i use the camera every so often, and the ability to open up word/excel/pdf is awesome...also had wireless internet and bluetooth...even doubles as a remote for my home entertainment system, but i hardly ever use that feature...

i would seriously look into one that features wi-fi though...LOTS of hotspots and unsecured networks all over the place, and it makes waiting around not so boring...i keep mine with me almost all the time, and if i'm bored, the games/web surfing/email begins...and can keep a dvd rip of a movie on there...as well as the ****...and the color screen makes ALL the difference in the world...dont settle for a B&W, you wont be happy... (i dunno if the T5 is color or not)...

ps- sorry if some of this seems incoherent...its 2am, and i'm ready to go to sleep...
Old 09-22-2005, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by mini-t
poser, where have u been hiding?! too busy with the women? anywho, i want one of these. find me a good deal /\
mini-t with the pink letters and girlie hair on the smilies makes a cameo appearance!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Originally Posted by mini-t
last night when i saw barry, i was just thinking i didnt see you for a while...working at the hospital and at the clinic is keepin me a little busy...not as much time to spend with the b1tches...and me and reen were having some dramas, but she started callin me again...and melissa is a bit mad that i started talkin to reen, so she doesnt call as much...but no biggie, as i'm trying to work another one into the mix :P

as for the PDA, i found it off of the speedhawaii forums...it wasnt a recent posting, i just did a search and emailed the guy...he still had it, so i got it from him...i'll keep a lookout for you though...
Old 09-24-2005, 01:39 AM

pimpin aint easy, eh?

i have an idea on the pda. just give me yours. you can buy a new one along with your new z06. sounds like a plan. /\

Originally Posted by poser
last night when i saw barry, i was just thinking i didnt see you for a while...working at the hospital and at the clinic is keepin me a little busy...not as much time to spend with the b1tches...and me and reen were having some dramas, but she started callin me again...and melissa is a bit mad that i started talkin to reen, so she doesnt call as much...but no biggie, as i'm trying to work another one into the mix :P

as for the PDA, i found it off of the speedhawaii forums...it wasnt a recent posting, i just did a search and emailed the guy...he still had it, so i got it from him...i'll keep a lookout for you though...

Last edited by mini-t; 09-24-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:13 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
i'm sure YOU of all people can afford to buy a new one. and besides, i need mine for now to keep track of the *****es.

sorry didn't make it out tonight, went to reens after work. in fact, i'm posting from my pda at her house. gonna grab some food later. oh, i tried to call you from work, but you didn't answer. latrz.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:13 PM

/\ b-drift and i are the proud new owners of twin hp ipaq 4705s!! yayayyayayayayya! just gotta charge it before i start using it.

thanks to boom for the help and hookups today!!