OT: Eve Online? Other MMOs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
OT: Eve Online? Other MMOs?

Does anyone play it? I do...if you play it let me know so I can come hunt you down!

www.eve-online.com

If not, what MMO do you play? I play BF2142 too.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 PM

I've been playing EVE for I think about 7 months now. I like it because you don't have to play all the time to advance. You DO have to "grind" for money to buy ships and equipment, but there are so many different ways to make money it's hard to get bored. I haven't really tried the PvP stuff yet, though I have been attacked by pirates a few times. Send an evemail to "Shayla Sha" with your name so I know what to write on the nosecone of my cruise missle.

WoW - was fun for a while, but in the end I got sick of it. I don't have the time or ambition to play enough to compete with the "hardcore" players. It's a bad sign when you have more fun playing an MMO solo than with other people.

EQII - tried it for a month, but just couldn't get into it. Kind of an ugly game too. A lot of brown was sacrificed in the making of this game. Shiny bump-mapped brown too. The class/skill system is interesting though. Combat was kinda fun too, as was the trade skill stuff (oddly enough).

EQ - played on and off for most of 5 years. It was a good game before about the 3rd expansion. Then the rules started changing so much it became more like work than a game. Sony gave all their inactive accounts a free month this year (May or June I think). I logged on for about 10 minutes. It in no way even resembles the game I used to love.

FFXI - when I moved here a bunch of my co-workers played. They got me to try it for a month. A month of my life I'll never get back. The jobs are a cool idea, and there are some other good parts, but the play is horrible. I've never paid to be that bored before.

GW - a good game, but not really my cup of tea. I keep it installed, but hardly run it. It is a fairly good replacement for Diablo II, if you like that kind of game. I like it well enough, but only in small doses.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Star Wars Galaxies owned my life for a good 6 months. Mando armor and Elder Jedi FTW.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 PM

Car Info: Black 2004 STI
i hear its a good game. maybe i should play it too..
Old 11-28-2006, 01:53 AM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
CoH/CoV Justice server :P
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by darksurfer81
CoH/CoV Justice server :P
I played CoH from the Beta until a couple months after they released CoV. I quit because they nerfed the hell out of my Elec/Devices Blaster...I built the guy thinking he would own in PvP and then they nerfed the secondary effects of electric stuff so he ended up being one of the weakest toons out there.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:53 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Zorfnab
I've been playing EVE for I think about 7 months now. I like it because you don't have to play all the time to advance. You DO have to "grind" for money to buy ships and equipment, but there are so many different ways to make money it's hard to get bored. I haven't really tried the PvP stuff yet, though I have been attacked by pirates a few times. Send an evemail to "Shayla Sha" with your name so I know what to write on the nosecone of my cruise missle.

I've been playing since February and I have 6 Battleships and a bunch of Tech 2 Ships...I PVP primarily.

The easiest ways to make money are by running the complexes and working the market. I run in Uemon and we do a nearby 5/10 Complex where you can make about 120 million ISK every 2-3 hours.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:13 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Played EQ since closed beta, then switched over to WoW when it was in beta. Still playing WoW now and looking forward to the expansion.

Nothing wrong with playing an MMO 'single player' style if it's fun for you that way. I play most of the time that way. Small family style guild (good portion of the guild is from Hawaii) -- we just do whatevers for kicks and it stays fun.

We're on the Feathermoon server, an RP server. So that in of itself makes for a more easy-going environment.