OMG...hit a pig today

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
OMG...hit a pig today

Hello. On my way to the airport this morning around 5ish, i was going up likelike before the wilson tunnel. I was in the right lane following a ford explorer. I didn't realize it at the time, but he collides into a fairly large, black boar. As i pass the spot, i see movement on the road, but it was too late, and i also run over the mangled boar. My car is low, and it felt like a large speed bump, as i crush his skull, rib cavity, and any other bones.
So i started to freak out, because it was really dark, and i wasn't sure if i had run over a human or animal. My crappy work cell drops 911 call 5 times, and they thought i was crank calling at this point. But the police operator assures me that the explorer called in, and IT WAS in fact a boar, and not a human. I was so relieved. Being late for my flight, i just parked and investigated afterwards. Lucky no major damage, but as i was driving home, there was blood and stuff on the front of my car. I wonder what people were thinking. :scared:
Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Car Info: Justy
Originally Posted by 808subaru
Hello. On my way to the airport this morning around 5ish, i was going up likelike before the wilson tunnel. I was in the right lane following a ford explorer. I didn't realize it at the time, but he collides into a fairly large, black boar. As i pass the spot, i see movement on the road, but it was too late, and i also run over the mangled boar. My car is low, and it felt like a large speed bump, as i crush his skull, rib cavity, and any other bones.
So i started to freak out, because it was really dark, and i wasn't sure if i had run over a human or animal. My crappy work cell drops 911 call 5 times, and they thought i was crank calling at this point. But the police operator assures me that the explorer called in, and IT WAS in fact a boar, and not a human. I was so relieved. Being late for my flight, i just parked and investigated afterwards. Lucky no major damage, but as i was driving home, there was blood and stuff on the front of my car. I wonder what people were thinking. :scared:
Damn Chris!

I am guessing everything is alright with you? What car did you hit it with? I would have loved to see the peoples faces as they looked at your car, with the all the blood and stuff on the bumper. Them trying to figure out what happened. I am glad that it wasn't a person, and that no one was injured. I am semi paranoid that I am going to hit a deer up here.

Peace.

Brandon

Last edited by WRX-Zero; 05-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
whoa
must have been scary when you hit it
i ran over a cat earlier this year and it wasnt pretty
Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
Damn Chris!

I am guessing everything is alright with you? What car did you hit it with? I would have loved to see the peoples faces as they looked at your car. I am glad that it wasn't a person, and that no one was injured. I am semi paranoid that I am going to hit a deer up here.

Peace.

Brandon
Subaru saves lives son! IF I had the yarii, there's no telling if I'd be ok.
Yeah, living in VA, deer are always scary. They run, and you don't really see them most of the time. And if you hit one with antlers, pray that you don't get impaled. Thanks, and you can get this supersonic whistle that alerts animals you are coming, and it's silent to our ears. It just spools all the time like a turbo, no need to push any buttons.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 05 wrb wrx wagon
whoa that's crazy. i ran over something once driving from louisville to chicago, it was small but it freaked me out cause it was super dark out
Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 PM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
Pig on road? I tought it was crazy to see chicken on road... but a pig on a road..
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Wow that is CRAZY!! Kinda sick too,..What's worse,...can you take pics?

Seriously, good thing it wasnt at speed as you couldve gotten in another bad accident. Luckily you're safe and ok,....not so good for the boar but,...

We had one in our backyard in Kaneohe once too,..mustve been close to 125-140lb mother,...Tried to trap/kill it too as it was leaving a mess...
Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by HxllxMan
Pig on road? I tought it was crazy to see chicken on road... but a pig on a road..
"Why did the chicken cross the road..."

haha, in all seriousness though, my cousin has run over a chicken in North Shore, and I think she backed up to make sure it was dead and put it out of its misery.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
I can only imagine how spooky that must have been...glad to hear you (and less importantly) your ride are OK.

When I was driving to Chicago a deer ran out on the Interstate in front of our rental car... if I was going a few mph faster, I probably would have pummeled it & lord knows what kind of condition my wife and I would have been in!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
That could have easily of been me...

Man Chris, I'm glad all is good. You and I head out to work about the same time in the morning...I left my house at 4:15am this morning...

I have seen pigs in the area lately...wow, nuts.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 PM

Car Info: Justy
Originally Posted by 808subaru
Subaru saves lives son! IF I had the yarii, there's no telling if I'd be ok.
Yeah, living in VA, deer are always scary. They run, and you don't really see them most of the time. And if you hit one with antlers, pray that you don't get impaled. Thanks, and you can get this supersonic whistle that alerts animals you are coming, and it's silent to our ears. It just spools all the time like a turbo, no need to push any buttons.

I am glad you are ok, and the hopefully the Suby gets fixed up soon. Thanks for the info on the whistle.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
holy crap dude. i passed you right after i came out of the tunnel on the likki. you must have hit it litterally right after i passed you!!!! well, shaka and im glad you are ok. glad the car is mostly ok.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Dang Chris, glad to hear you're OK. Man that is one thing I wouldn't think to see on the Likelike. I ran over a pitbull once, pushed in my bumper, cracked a turn signal and dented the oil pan on my Jetta.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM

Thanks fellas. I think it was fairly large.
Wow , I didn't notice they are showing up more often now. I notice them sometimes in the afternoon, mostly after a rain.
Anyways, Windward peeps, please use caution around the top of likelike townbound. I usually see them in that area, and right after the tunnel by the clearing kaneohe bound.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:32 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Yup, these piggies are showing up every where. My wife saw one in Mililani Mauka near the Middle School once. My cousin sees a whole family in the Pearl City Palisades area. I saw a huge lactating mama pig by my daughter's pre-school class in the Mililani Tech Park. They are becoming ubiquitous.

Quick Reply: OMG...hit a pig today