Ok this car scares me now!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Talking Ok this car scares me now!!

I just finished putting the TXS RFL TI Turbo back on my STI and went for a test drive and I finally went WOT on the car for the first time since i've owned it. I can't believe how fast this car hits redline and is right on the redline again after shifting. I can't even imagine what this car will do after I hook my AP stage 2 up. As far has the TXS RFL TI its suprisingly a little quiter than the tanabe i had on my WRX (i'll write a review later).
Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
Maybe you need to give it a few months to break em in.. You might get more volume
Old 03-27-2005, 12:45 AM

Car Info: 09 WrX Pearl White 5dr hb / 04 Wrx White
how much you paid for the TXS RFL TI Turbo back? and where do you get it?
Old 03-27-2005, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
lol i visited vakamon asking them about that set up and they didnt have a clue what i was talking about. i was suprised. they said they are working something out with txs at the time so they were not sure of txs products yet. they still never called me about the perrin endlinks i placed an order on two weeks ago. iwas promissed a call the following day. i really didnt see why so much of u guys recomemded vakamon. sorry getting carried away..... i too would like to know how much and where for the txs turbo back
Old 03-27-2005, 01:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
^^^you probably asked the wrong people...ask for ryan next time...
Old 03-27-2005, 01:32 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Honestly

not sure why you'd opt for Perrin endlinks, or anything Perrin (for that matter). You want good endlinks, look at Kartboy or Hotchkis. As for VAKA-MON not knowing the TXS stuff, I'd have to raise the BS flag. Talk to Ryan or Farid. I have a UTEC (TXS), but probably wouldn't recommend the TXS RFL TI setup. Just my opinion. YMMV.

San
Old 03-27-2005, 01:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by Mr Sti
lol i visited vakamon asking them about that set up and they didnt have a clue what i was talking about. i was suprised. they said they are working something out with txs at the time so they were not sure of txs products yet. they still never called me about the perrin endlinks i placed an order on two weeks ago. iwas promissed a call the following day. i really didnt see why so much of u guys recomemded vakamon. sorry getting carried away..... i too would like to know how much and where for the txs turbo back
it's for other reasons dude why we recommend vakamon(knowledge=Ryan)..i respect that guy...as for purchasing why not look around first then buy..alot of guys usually buy endlinks online(i think)....
Old 03-27-2005, 02:15 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
hey what about me? i know stuff too, well not as much as ryan, but yea. anyways, i'll check on your order on monday mr. sti but i know perrin has been kinda slow with their endlinks due to a defect that makes them freeze up. i have a set that did that and am supposed to get a new set once they figure it out. as for the TXS RFL Ti, we don't normaly carry TXS products and that would be a special order. as for not knowing what you were talking about, you can't expect us to know everything about everything. we try but it's hard enough just keeping up with the brands we normally carry. anyways, expect a call on monday. just PM me your name so i can track down your order. L8R
Old 03-27-2005, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
^^^ LOL ^^^

Onward...

TXS has been around in the subaru community for a LONG TIME NOW! If whomever "Mr. STI" asked there didn't know about TXS or TXS stuff then they should say they don't know and should refer them to someone that doesn't have his finger up his *** when customers come to the shop. Vakamon (aka Speedgear) was known through the HIIC subaru community as the only MAJOR subaru parts distributor at the time. back then (before the "OTHER" shops came up) speedgear did have A LOT of knowledgeable people working behind the counter and servicing customers. now it's a PHUCKEN JOKE!

I support VAKAMON but the customer service...etc. has really gone down hill.

I WENT IN THERE RECENTLY AND HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 10 minutes without any help or even having anyone ask if I need help, while people that work there would surf the internet...etc. then I had to say CAN I GET SOME PHUCKEN HELP OVER HERE or do I need to speak to FARID!

this is not meant to bash VAKAMON in any way shape or form...SORRY IF IT COMES OFF WRONG!!!

the people that i recommend talking to at vakamon that are there on a REGULAR basis would be RYAN or FARID.

I also recommend if you want TXS stuff you should got to a TXS authorized dealer and get it there. If Vakamon is (i cannot remember if they are or not) then you should be able to order it. If Vakamon is a authorized dealer then EVERYONE AT THE SHOP SHOULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SELLING!!!

just what I think...

Jon

Last edited by iNfEk; 03-27-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:43 AM

sorry for the hijack JES...

TXS RFL from what I can remember is supposed to be bad ***... however I never got to see the actual piping.

I remember seeing and hearing a video of it a while ago when they first came out!

Jon

- The RFL WILL get loader and deeper when it fully breaks in
Old 03-27-2005, 03:11 AM

ok well not to take the defencive jon but that is kinda why farid hired me. ask anyone who has come into vakamon when i was there if they had to wait for help. not a one i know for a fact, but thats because i'm a salesman. most if not all of the guys that work there aren't salesmen. they do the ordering or are a mechanic, i'm the only real "salesman" they have. I'm sure most of you know by now that i work there so all you gotta do is shoot me a PM with what time your gonna stop by and i'll meet you there and help you out. if i can't be there or if it's a last minute thing, then just call me and i'll make sure someone knows your comming so they can help you. you also gotta understand that everyone has their jobs and there aren't a whole lot of people that work there. most of the time it's one guy upstairs, and he usually has a lot to do. i try to help everyone as best i can and i know farid and ryan do too. so if you guys have a problem or want to know something about a part, all you gotta do is ask me. unlike the other guys working there i don't get paid hourly so it's in my best interest to help you! especially fellow i-clubbers. so now everyone knows and hopefully they will just ask me if they need any help, or just wanna come by and hang out. k thats all.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:25 AM

here's a long vid if you wanna know what it sounds like.

http://user937480.sf1000.registereds...flti_large.mp4
Old 03-27-2005, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by danWrX
how much you paid for the TXS RFL TI Turbo back? and where do you get it?
I picked it up from jscspeed.com for $1059 shipped to my door. Oakos.com also has it for $1063 but they did not have any at the time I ordered. Dave at oakos also has one in stock but it has a very minor ding on the tip and he was willing to give me 60 bucks off it. Not sure he still has but pm him if your interested
Old 03-27-2005, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
ok well not to take the defencive jon but that is kinda why farid hired me. ask anyone who has come into vakamon when i was there if they had to wait for help. not a one i know for a fact, but thats because i'm a salesman. most if not all of the guys that work there aren't salesmen. they do the ordering or are a mechanic, i'm the only real "salesman" they have. I'm sure most of you know by now that i work there so all you gotta do is shoot me a PM with what time your gonna stop by and i'll meet you there and help you out. if i can't be there or if it's a last minute thing, then just call me and i'll make sure someone knows your comming so they can help you. you also gotta understand that everyone has their jobs and there aren't a whole lot of people that work there. most of the time it's one guy upstairs, and he usually has a lot to do. i try to help everyone as best i can and i know farid and ryan do too. so if you guys have a problem or want to know something about a part, all you gotta do is ask me. unlike the other guys working there i don't get paid hourly so it's in my best interest to help you! especially fellow i-clubbers. so now everyone knows and hopefully they will just ask me if they need any help, or just wanna come by and hang out. k thats all.

well if you are the salesman then you should be there on a regular bases! but that's not my point..

when I went there there were about 5 people there and no one was doing anything. Just surfing the internet! They all even looked at me. If they aren't going to help people that come into the store to ACTUALLY BUY SOMETHING then they shouldn't be there. they should be somewhere else surfing the internet.

If they don't have anything to do and aren't going to help customers then they should wear a shirt or sign saying... "I DO ONLY ONE THING AT VAKAMON AND THAT IS NOTHING SO DON'T TRY TO ASK ME FOR HELP!"

Just make sure since you "WORK there" that if people come in that someone helps people regardless of if you're there or not...that's the problem and how that shop will go belly up like the others on this island.

I'm done...

Jon
Old 03-27-2005, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
[QUOTE=04sleeper]hey what about me? i know stuff too, well not as much as ryan,

my bad i forgot that you worked there...short term memory man....

and jon is kinda right, im sure that not all the salesperson is like that..it seems like they judge and if they don't like you by the way you look they would not help..and it seems like they only help their regular customers or folks that have serious money- it's like you have to go to them for help now. i think it's just wrong, whatever happen to that customer service where you make customers feel welcome...at least tell the person if he/she need any assistance feel free to asked...ok

btw..who's the guy that owns the mazda speed(i think), he was helpful at the time i went there...

Last edited by de pilipino guy; 03-27-2005 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Ok this car scares me now!!