Ohana subaru = worst everrrr

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx
Ohana subaru = worst everrrr

i dunno if this has been posted up yet.. i didnt search.. but i wanted to vent... so here goes..
other day i went to ohana subaru to get an oil change... my car is lowered with cwest sides and jun front bumper... anyways... i drop off my car.. and first of all it takes like 10 mins before anyone shows up at the service desk... so she asks me what i need ..i said oil change.. shes like i need ure registration.. i give it to her.. and shes like i need ure keys.. im like here.. so thats it.. i didnt have to sign any papers or anything.. so im like ok.. maybe they'll do it after... anyways.. i go get some food come back about an hour later... and cars sittin in the lot.. so im like nice. they are done... go inside.. and this mechanic.. is there.. i guess the head mechanic or what not... and hes like... we cant do it.... and im sittin there like.. why not.. i provided the mobile one.. hes like we cant get it on the lift.. im like wtf... ive never been to a friggin shop that couldnt get my car onto a lift... i got an oil change at 5 star subaru and they didnt have any probs... anyways.. so the guy proceeds to tell me that my car is too low.. blablblabla... and im like.. ok maybe it would been good to take my phone number down so that they can call me and i didnt have to waste my time... furthermore.. i told him.. well.. why dont u just jack it up from the back and swing the arms under it.. thats how subiespecilties does it.. (i always watched them do my car steve is tite) haha.... so he proceeds to ask me.. "do you want to pay for it?" and im like uh. im paying you for an oil change... hes like oilchange we only charge 10 dollars... i get paid.. 110 an hour.. or some bull **** like that... im like 110 hour for ure service... i would never pay that... ever... for a wise *** mechanic... basically hes telling me hes too lazy to jack up my car and slide the arms from the lift under it... cuz hes not getting paid only a oilchange fee.. this places service is the ****tiest ive ever seen... he should think that maybe i'd come back again and get others to come.. but noooo... im never going back to them.. they dont even have a damn sti in there lot.... plus later i noticed they cracked my side skirt up a lil.. so now when i close my driver side door i hear a little pop because my door hits it... jerks... anyways.. Dont go to ohana subaru for anything... i would do my oil myself.. but im moving around alot.. and just going to school here.... i'd rather save time money and location .. just to pay them to do a good oilchange.. anyways my 2 cents..
peace
Old 04-11-2005, 12:06 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Watch out for 5 stars... they like to steal rivets...
Old 04-11-2005, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Did you make an appointment first BEFORE bringing it down? or did you think that they don't do anything all day waiting for walk-ins?

If your car is to low to get it on a lift they won't do the work since they will be held liable.

I think that you should do your own oil changes from now on.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:38 PM

Car Info: Justy
That sucks!

Check at the Pearl Kai Jiffy Lube, there are some i-club members that work there.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Got to make appointment first.. usually no walking...anyway.. I had good customer service at Ohana Subaru so far... sorry to hear about your experience there...

Good luck with your Oil Change...
Old 04-11-2005, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Yeah I believe that Jiffy Lube doesn't require a lift because they have this room under the floor where they just walk under your car.

Anyways...Pearl Kai and University Jiffy Lubes have i-Club members.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I agree with Jon just do it yourself it's too easy of a task to pay somebody to do it...
Old 04-11-2005, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
And less risky. Want it done right, do it yourself.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Well thats your opinion I personally have nothing but good things to say about ohana subaru. When my car was in the accident they did everything possible to prove that the alignment was off due to a bent strut caused in the accident and to make the insurance company pay for it and if thay didnt the service manager was going to discount the **** out of the strut, alignment, and labor for me in the event they would not. Lucky for me the insurance company compensated me. As far as no STI's in stock you can blame me and the other soldiers in my unit for buying the last three until they get more in. Having not seeing your car in person I would have imagine they made the right call when it comes to do business. Its sad to here you had a bad experience with them but for me personally and others they will continue to have my business.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
do your own oil change. my car's lowered. i do mine.
i'm one of the laziest people on this board i still do mine. unless you are in an apartment and aren't allowed to do so...

like Jess said. i have nothing but good things to say (even though there were a competitor to me) Brandon, the Morley family, Braun... all those guys rock.

grant it maybe they should have grab a # from ya....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-11-2005, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx
thats the funnie thing ive heard really good things about ohana subaru... maybe it was just that mechanic.. or im just spoiled going to irvine subaru.. they had the best service ive seen out there.. and had the largest stock of cars on the lot.. and i always walked in with them no appointment.. i guess its a lil different around these necka the woods... i guess imma have to make some time to do it myself... i'll keep ohana subaru in mind if i ever get into an accident.. knock on wood.. even though my warranty is way long gone. bah.. thanks for the info
Old 04-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
yo wassup mark, sorry to hear about these problems your having..
Old 04-11-2005, 09:16 PM

Car Info: dirt
indeed no stis in stock
Old 04-11-2005, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
^^ what? they have one in stock.... crystal gray metallic. with some goodies from the car show...

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
Jiffy Lube at Pearl Kai... pefect for lazy ***'s like me

Quick Reply: Ohana subaru = worst everrrr